View Poll Results: Who needs a break in 2019?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • X23 (aka New Wolverine)

21 15.67%
  • Colossus

7 5.22%
  • Iceman

12 8.96%
  • Domino

4 2.99%
  • Kitty Pryde

72 53.73%
  • Sabretooth

13 9.70%
  • Old Man Logan

43 32.09%
  • Havok

7 5.22%
  • Beast

22 16.42%
  • X (the reborn Xavier)

22 16.42%
  • Jean Grey

15 11.19%
  • Magneto

9 6.72%
  • Honey Badger

41 30.60%
  • Glob Herman

39 29.10%
  • Other (name in thread)

14 10.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Which Character should get a break in 2019?

Inspired by the thread on who needs a push in 2019, I was wondering who you had enough of for now.

Which character that had much focus this and the years before so much, that you believe a long vacation from the books would do the character good, or at least become a background character?

X-23. Wolverine's coming back so there's really no need for her to be around.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

All of the Wolverine derivatives. Maybe keep Daken around. Add him to X-Force after a few arcs with the classic team. Give him a code name that isn’t Wolverine. Maybe make him the new Wild Child, or even put him into the Weapon X program.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-03-2018 at 04:43 AM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I think Angel, Colossus, Beast and Kitty Pryde. Probably Storm and Nightcrawler all need a break from the X-men so you can miss them. Plus they have been missed used somewhat and when they are brought back in the fold for the X-men you need a strong plan with them. It is not a issue hating of them there seems to be no character progression plan out and they often feel uninspired in the books they are in.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

X-23, Gabby, Old Man Logan, and Wolverine. I'm not big on Daken, but he's not thrown in your face as much as these other 4. But anyway, given Marvel, we know things are gonna be as Logan-DNA heavy as always.

I'm gonna add Deadpool to the list. Imo, since Duggan lost him, nobody has written him in a way that's interesting. He's just reset to the inaccurate Jar Jar Binks "comedy" relief since Duggan's run ended. So I am all for cutting back on Waypool & limiting him to his solo.

Honey Garbage. Easily.

Jean Grey - She's a retrograde/stagnant/antiquated character that I feel works best as a symbol or a set-in-stone representation of Xavier's philosophies and not as an actually existing character. I think writers are too reluctant to have her evolve and transform or do anything that can be construed as controversial or subversive and so she's always going to occupy an archetypical position in the X-Men in favour of the status quo--whereas this space can be utilised for newer characters with culturally relevant themes behind their origins. I think that's why her absence was so emphatic and impactful whereas her presence has been somewhat underwhelming imo (X-Men Red). I mean there's a relatively large event staged to facilitate her return but then she gets sequestered to what's practically a satellite title without any fanfare or explanation, and she hasn't really contributed much to the X-Men in general imo.

Storm - The X-Office has absolutely NO idea what to do with her and tbh she should have left after Schism. Just say that she's taken a sabbatical to Wakanda or Kenya and be done with it instead of having her operate in the capacity as the glorified token black woman.

Cyclops and Wolverine - They both should have stayed dead and in Wolverine's case it isn't helped by the fact that his resurrection has been preceded by a cavalcade of minis and one-shots before the real him actually returned. Again, this is a case of characters not having the inherent capacity to contribute anything new or do anything that hasn't been done in some way shape or form.

Emma.
    Last edited by DavidMunroe; 12-03-2018 at 05:24 AM.

Rosenberg.

Magneto, too, tbh. He should have died a long time go. Construct some stories that provide closure to his relationship with Polaris and send him on his way in a noble sacrifice or something.

Kitty, Old Man Logan, Beast, Honey Badger, Glob, X[avier].
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Glob, Gabby and Kitty

Probably unnecessary to include (soon to be) Dead Man Logan.

Kitty - goes without saying

Old Man Logan - Should hurry up and die for good

Storm - Just say she's taking a break from the X-Men and let her be used in books outside of the X-Men.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Thank you for multiple choices.

Kitty Pryde -she's unlikable in a way that stops the story from progressing
    Old Man Logan-Wolverine is back there's no need for two of them literally
    HoneyBadger-they could scale her back a bit and allow some of the other characters to shine
    Globherman-no one asked for this

Beast - This guy really needs to clear his mind. Maybe a retcon will be good for him.

Since the real Logan is back, OML should be waved goodbye. And Honey Badger - I actually like her, but Laura’s better off her.

Kitty should be just one of the team leaders.

Ororo - If X office can’t give her a bigger role she deserves, just free her from here.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."