Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default NBC Conjures Series Order For "Constantine"

Matt Ryan will star as DC Comics' occult investigator in the David S. Goyer-produced series, set to premiere this fall on NBC.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

I'll give it a try, but not really excited for this the same way I am for The Flash.

All-New Member

I was excited for this the most out of the new DC TV properties, although the NBC thing had me worried. But the official description doesn't sound as fun as I'd built it up in my head. Not too sure now, but I'm still excited to see how it goes.

azninvasion99

This was easily the DC property I was most looking forward to. I know there has been some fear of it being on NBC but the network has pushed boundaries with Hannibal so I can see them doing the same thing on this show.

Astonishing Member

Well, that sounds like it's Supernatural.

The official photos look like bad cosplay but the story synopsis sounds promising.

I usually try not to judge these things too harshly before we see them (tho i admit Superman Vs Batman still looks like an epic mess)

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

I can't avoid thinking this is DC's new strategy to play catch up with Marvel...
    they will have a lot of material on TV.. but i hope it has quality as well...
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

I am looking forward to this. But I have no experiance with the character other than the movie.

I'm going to hope the photo that accompanied the article was taken on set rather than a still from the episode because there's waaaay too much light. I would expect a Constantine show to the drenched in shadow and atmosphere.

I'm not the biggest Hellblazer fan, so I'm interested, but my hopes aren't so high. I had low expectations for "Arrow" and I was pleasantly surprised. Anyone remember that "Lord of Illusions" movie? I thought that was an interesting foray into the notion of a supernatural investigator with a dark past.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I am looking forward to this. But I have no experiance with the character other than the movie.
    A lot of people seem to agree that even tho that the movie was pretty good if you can get over the fact that the character has been completely changed from a blonde British chain smoker/drinker to well Keanu Reaves.

Quote Originally Posted by azninvasion99 View Post
    This was easily the DC property I was most looking forward to. I know there has been some fear of it being on NBC but the network has pushed boundaries with Hannibal so I can see them doing the same thing on this show.
    That's what I'm thinking, too. A bit worried about Goyer involvement though. Still, looking forward to it!

Ultimate Member

The Constantine movie is pretty decent as a movie, but it's a terrible Hellblazer adaptation. I've found that if you look at it as it's own separate thing, then it's pretty enjoyable. As for the series, I'm glad that it got picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The Constantine movie is pretty decent as a movie, but it's a terrible Hellblazer adaptation. I've found that if you look at it as it's own separate thing, then it's pretty enjoyable. As for the series, I'm glad that it got picked up.
    Well it did adapt some elements/stories from Hellblazer just not the character of Constantine himself right?

Ultimate Member

It adapted them in the loosest sense of the word.

BANNED

He better be bisexual.

o