Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Original Sin Annual #1

EVERYONE HAS ONE

Full preview here.

I was interest that there was another man on the wall in 1931 before Woodrow McCord. But I really liked the alternative cover of the eye people. It made me think the Watchers were made up of eye people in their heads, like symbiosis. Now that's a secret I didn't know if that is the case.

Niffleheim

How many issues will there be? Or will this just be the only issue? Marvel's annuals sometimes aren't really annuals.

Fantastic Member

Passing on this one.

So the Original Sin event itself is over right? What purpose will this annual serve then? I'm still relatively new to comics and I've never understood the annuals concept.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    How many issues will there be? Or will this just be the only issue? Marvel's annuals sometimes aren't really annuals.
    huhbuhwhaaaa
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    So the Original Sin event itself is over right? What purpose will this annual serve then? I'm still relatively new to comics and I've never understood the annuals concept.
    Annuals do just pick an obscure subject and have little to do with continuity, I must admit.

As to what purpose this annual serves, I also wonder about this myself. The back story of the previous Men on the wall could have been done during OS I thought. Something would have to be new for it to warrant an annual, like maybe a continuity we aren't aware of. And that may come back and bite Bucky in the butt later down the track. Like for instance, the eye ball people. If such a race existed and the Watchers absorbed this race into their bodies, it would be a very ghoulish reevaluation about the Watchers.

Extraordinary Member

While there is no purpose for this 'annual' in the traditional sense, I am looking forward to it. Well, actually I am picking it up because I left Original Sin on my pull list and this 'annual' registered as part of the series. Anyway, the one part of that series I did like was the mysterious Man on the Wall that passed the mantle to Fury. The idea of tales of the Marvel Universe being told in that era, without shoehorning all of the modern heroes in there somehow, seemed interesting. Hope it is good.