Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Marvel should have delayed the book's launch by a few months and lead with this. The first three issues were nice, but felt like down-time stories, the sort of thing you get as the endcap to an arc. There would have been the threat of Storm getting swamped by all the other "Baw, Logan's dead!" books, but that tie-in might also have gotten it more attention. Like it or lump it, this at least has passion and the appearance of more relevance to the larger events going on in the X-Line.

I can completely understand your view & I agree tbh.
    As much as I love the book, I would've liked to see the book start off with a big action packed storyline.
    And as much as of love Beast, I really hope he isn't going to be there at all come future issues.

I feel like this book should launch Storm into her own world, she has so many things she could do.
    Give her new mythos, solidify her as STORM and not Storm the x-man.
    I can kinda see Pak building it up slowly but with her not having a book for such a long time, I think it'd been better to start off with a BOOM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If you can die, you are not immortal.
    No immortal means you don't age. Invincible means you can't be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    No immortal means you don't age. Invincible means you can't be killed.
    Immortal means "living forever". If you die, that means you stopped living, even if you resurrect later.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

Immortal means "living forever". If you die, that means you stopped living, even if you resurrect later.
    Immortal does not mean you can't be killed.

God
    ɡäd/
    noun
    (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
    synonyms: the Lord, the Almighty, the Creator, the Maker, the Godhead; More
    (in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.
    "a moon god"
    synonyms: deity, goddess, divine being, celestial being, divinity, immortal, avatar
    "sacrifices to appease the gods"

Gods in the non-Abrahamic sense aren't necessarily immortal or invincible; simply powerful beings, and the focus of worship(as a deity).

Dying(even if resurrected later) precludes "living forever", since if you die or were killed, you stopped living; hence beings who are long-lived but can be killed are not truly immortal.

Fantastic Member

Dying(even if resurrected later) precludes "living forever", since if you die or were killed, you stopped living; hence beings who are long-lived but can be killed are not truly immortal.
    If they "die" and resurrect without any external influence then did they actually die?

BANNED

Marvel should have delayed the book's launch by a few months and lead with this. The first three issues were nice, but felt like down-time stories, the sort of thing you get as the endcap to an arc. There would have been the threat of Storm getting swamped by all the other "Baw, Logan's dead!" books, but that tie-in might also have gotten it more attention. Like it or lump it, this at least has passion and the appearance of more relevance to the larger events going on in the X-Line.
    Mirrors a lot of what I've been saying for a while now. Here's something I posted earlier on this forum:

I don't have a problem with Pak telling the stories he's been telling, but I do feel its a mistake to start with those kinds of stories. There is no doubt in my mind that Pak has some big stories in store for Storm. For the sake of generating the maximum amount of excitement for the book, I think he should have started bigger...much bigger than the Callisto and Forge stories and waited to tell those stories later.

I think these first couple of issues should have been electrifying and action-packed with Storm doing feats that put readers on "shouting grounds". Tell these kinds of stories first to get everybody excited and hooked onto the book and then tell these smaller, "slow burn" stories, as you put it, as a reprieve from the larger, action-packed, high adventure stories. As Pak said in an earlier interview, "Watching Storm cut loose is just as exciting as seeing Hulk "Hulk Smash"."

One good thing about the issue 4-5 story arc is it ties into the wildly popular "Death of Wolverine" event going on right now. It even features that on the cover. Hopefully this will grab the attention of readers who both dropped the book already (because of the lack of action) as well as readers who have not yet given the book a chance. Issues 4-5 promises to be electrifying with Storm doing some SCARY POWERFUL things with her powers and action-packed. Not only that, but its a two-part story meaning if a reader picks up issue 4, the likelihood is they will also buy issue 5 to get the whole story arc. After that, issue 6 is also going to have some action in there and is a game changer for Storm. If a lot of people come onboard for issue 4, I think most will probably stay with the book. So, hopefully this will be like a reset button for the book where Pak has another chance to grab additional readership. If it works out like I hope with new and old readers giving the book a try for the first time or is giving the book another chance, Pak is coming right this time around with high action issues and big feats to electrify the readership and make them want to continue with the title.

I'm not really disagreeing with you. I think the book should be a mix of both "slow burn" and high adventure/action-packed stories, but from a business perspective for the sake of sales and readership building, its better to start big and exciting rather than small and "slow burn".

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post
    I feel like this book should launch Storm into her own world, she has so many things she could do.
    Give her new mythos, solidify her as STORM and not Storm the x-man.
    I can kinda see Pak building it up slowly but with her not having a book for such a long time, I think it'd been better to start off with a BOOM.
    And, frankly, a slow build in today's market is a death sentence, especially with a Big Two book. Competition for the attention of the readership is fiercer than ever on every single front, and if you're going to convince someone to put down $4 for 20 pages (or less!) of story each month, you need to grab their attention from the moment the preview hits. Like I said, I think Storm's book has been just fine so far, but the first three issues are more like touching base with yesteryear, not vital reading. If that's the impression folks are walking away with, it's not going to help the book in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Mirrors a lot of what I've been saying for a while now. Here's something I posted earlier on this forum:
    <snip>
    Exactly. There should be room for more contemplative stories and the high-octane stuff, but I think it was a misstep to lead with the former. But unless sales utterly crater, we're guaranteed a year of the Storm solo, and that's much better than nothing.

BANNED

And, frankly, a slow build in today's market is a death sentence, especially with a Big Two book. Competition for the attention of the readership is fiercer than ever on every single front, and if you're going to convince someone to put down $4 for 20 pages (or less!) of story each month, you need to grab their attention from the moment the preview hits. Like I said, I think Storm's book has been just fine so far, but the first three issues are more like touching base with yesteryear, not vital reading. If that's the impression folks are walking away with, it's not going to help the book in the long run.

Exactly. There should be room for more contemplative stories and the high-octane stuff, but I think it was a misstep to lead with the former. But unless sales utterly crater, we're guaranteed a year of the Storm solo, and that's much better than nothing.
    Agreed, and a year gives some leeway to pick up additional readers thus increasing sales.

Wow, this thread is a crazy.
    Someone even quoted the dictionary definition of "god". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Had to respond to a poster on another board and thought I would add what I said to this post:

This is the first time she's ever lost a lover. Before losing Logan, she just recently lost Xavier. She lost Nightcrawler to only get him back recently and Jean is still gone. So this thing with Logan is probably the straw the broke the camel's back. Not only that, but Wolverine is the one person in her life that has been a constant throughout her career as an X-Man. He was a solid bedrock of strength for her and she could always count on him

Every other member of the second generation X-Men left the team at some point. Nightcrawler, Colossus and Shadowcat joined Excalibur. Cyclops left after Jean died, came back and then left again with X-Factor. Banshee lost his powers and left the team to be with Moira. Heck, even Xavier left for about 75 issues.

Wolverine and Storm were the only two mutants to stay with the X-Men. They became the heart and soul of the team and drew especially close to each other when Storm lost her powers. That bond of friendship continued and grew until the day he died. Whenever one of them went through a rough patch, the other was there right beside them. They supported each other. Marvel can try and call Jean Grey Storm's best friend all they want, but truth be told, they were hardly on the same team together until the 90s. Canonically, Wolverine was really Storm's best and most trusted friend. They became lovers (I would have supported such a move for the two IF Wolverine did not have that ongoing obsession with Jean Grey) and now he's dead.

Wolverine was arguably also like an older brother figure for Storm. He enhanced her already formidable H2H combat skills, taught her how to shoot making her an excellent marksman in the event she ever found herself in a position where she could not use her elemental powers, he shared her passion for the natural world (in their own way), both were ferociously primal and of all the X-Men, he was the only other member besides Ororo (and Xavier) to have an "old soul." Storm and Wolverine bonded closely in so many ways as friends.

I don't have a problem with this reaction to that fact for these reasons alone. On top of all of this, look at what Storm has been going through in terms of "deaths in the family".
    Don't forget about the year she spent with Logan in The World

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    The physics of daytime visual auroras in places like Mexico and Kenya necessitate such mind-blowing amounts of energy and tremendous warping of the earth's electromagnetic fields, it it almost unfathomable. Magneto hasn't done better plugged into one of his amplification machines.
    so his grieve game weak? lol
    Magneto's more than likely a narcissist.
    He only grieves for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    That's ridiculous. She should have more control. She's embarrassing herself.
    LOL, stop messing with the poor Storm fans.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post

Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 10-15-2014 at 12:53 PM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    That's ridiculous. She should have more control. She's embarrassing herself.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

BANNED

For the night is dark and full of terrors

Quote Originally Posted by Valeficent View Post
    For the night is dark and full of terrors
    omg val! yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡