Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Christ almighty. I give up on Rogue ever being written right. 'Ah'm sorry Magneto, you're a special kind of mass murderer and the things y'all do don't count!' is not an improvement.

Rogue's not a naive idiot. Stop writing her like one, or acknowledging Carey's version of Rogneto, which made their dynamic more fucked up and regressive than it was before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Maybe. Bunn's trying to save Rogue's face, even though she is a bit right.
    Lol, so we're acting like this wasn't coordinated?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Christ almighty. I give up on Rogue ever being written right. 'Ah'm sorry Magneto, you're a special kind of mass murderer and the things y'all do don't count!' is not an improvement.

Rogue's not a naive idiot. Stop writing her like one, or acknowledging Carey's version of Rogneto, which made their dynamic more fucked up and regressive than it was before.
    I don't think she actually said "'Ah'm sorry Magneto, you're a special kind of mass murderer and the things y'all do don't count!' ".

What she did do was apologize to a Holocaust Survivor for calling him as bad as an Uber-Nazi.

I TOTALLY agree!

Fantastic Member

OUCH! Rouge honey do you need an ice pack and some Aloe Vera for that burn? Hopefully this puts an end to those two trying to be a couple it's just not going to work they had one little brief bang in the savage land 20 years ago and marvels been trying to make them out to be star crossed lovers ever since its just silly. Go back to chasing after Gambit Anna Marie!

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Bunn trying to clean up Remender's mess.
    Its like every Gillen-penned-Uncanny issue during AvX.
    Somebody's gotta mold this dung heap into a lovely mud pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post
    I don't think she actually said "'Ah'm sorry Magneto, you're a special kind of mass murderer and the things y'all do don't count!' ".

What she did do was apologize to a Holocaust Survivor for calling him as bad as an Uber-Nazi.
    "Is Pol Pot worse than Stalin?"

I like that Magneto, and that he's not sorry about all the people's he's killed for his agenda, but hate when Rogue is written as thinking of him as a lily-white innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    OUCH! Rouge honey do you need an ice pack and some Aloe Vera for that burn? Hopefully this puts an end to those two trying to be a couple it's just not going to work they had one little brief bang in the savage land 20 years ago and marvels been trying to make them out to be star crossed lovers ever since its just silly. Go back to chasing after Gambit Anna Marie!
    Ummmmmmmmmmmm no. She don't need either of them. It's best is she just moves on from both. Their all better off w/o each other in there lives

All-New Member

"Is Pol Pot worse than Stalin?"

I like that Magneto, and that he's not sorry about all the people's he's killed for his agenda, but hate when Rogue is written as thinking of him as a lily-white innocent.
    I am usually pro Magneto but Rogue is bordering on mental instability with the way Marvel is so quick have her put on rose colored glasses regarding Magneto's choices in life. I am not so sure that Bunn didn't just write that scene so that Mags could save some face.

To be quite honest, I would rather Magneto not be weighted down with any comic book romance and having to excuse or water down any actions he takes. X-Men relationships are overplayed but they should at least be believable and Roguneto won't be in 616 no more than Storm/ Magneto or Jean/ Magneto...etc would be.. and Maybe that's okay..?

Rogue is was AWESOME! If folks read today's issue you would know that her words spoilers:
    sent Magneto into deep reflection of truth and made him collect his own team to fight Red Onslaught
    end of spoilers. So like get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto19 View Post
    I am usually pro Magneto but Rogue is bordering on mental instability with the way Marvel is so quick have her put on rose colored glasses regarding Magneto's choices in life. I am not so sure that Bunn didn't just write that scene so that Mags could save some face.

To be quite honest, I would rather Magneto not be weighted down with any comic book romance and having to excuse or water down any actions he takes. X-Men relationships are overplayed but they should at least be believable and Roguneto won't be in 616 no more than Storm/ Magneto or Jean/ Magneto...etc would be.. and Maybe that's okay..?
    Oh boy... Ship wars are lame.

BANNED

Today's magento issue was so beautiful! Bunn should be writing axis not RR

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Rogue is was AWESOME! If folks read today's issue you would know that her words spoilers:
    sent Magneto into deep reflection of truth and made him collect his own team to fight Red Onslaught
    end of spoilers. So like get over it.
    spoilers:
    Well it is a threat to all humanity and mutant kind. So maybe good and evil should put aside their differences and work together because the Red Skull is an ultimate evil that cannot be stopped by good alone.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

This was a very, VERY GOOD ISSUE. It was like when Gillen had to clean up the main issue during A v X written by Bendis and put his touch on Uncanny. Bunn does similar. Magneto's interactions with all the unique villains were fun and satisfying...always fun to see him and Doom face to face. As for Rogue? A woman who should be queen of the House of M? Well there was no drama despite the hype but her words DO MATTER to Erik Lehnsherr. That much still remains true...23 years later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto19 View Post

Rogue has gotten mad at Magneto before over Zaladane...Zealot...Gambit. She always takes it back. And Magneto is not attracted to a good girl like Jean and Storm is too judgmental of Magneto to cross a line with him.
    Magneto saved Rogue from death..he's in her head deep underneath heroic roles...no matter what he does to everyone, he was always merciful to her.