Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu B View Post
    Is anyone else disappointed that such an important moment for Magneto (killing Red Skull) was not played out in his own series? I understand why it had to be in Uncanny Avengers 25 seeing as that led directly into Axis 1, but a flashback panel or something in Magneto 11 would have been nice.
    I am not dissapointed but I agree it would have been nice to see his pov at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat
    Thanks for the info. I already read Magneto and Loki but wasn't sure of the other issues.
    You are welcome
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Don't usually read Magneto, picked it up for the crossover and to see how Deadpool got involved in this, really it was all very well done. Great nods to continuity, even recent minor stuff like Deadpool vs Carnage. Characters came off like their true voices and made a group of villains (and Deadpool) come off as heroic at the end. Good stuff, my budgets tight but might be picking this up more often.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    This whole relationship never made any sense to me and kind of creeped me out originally...I really wish Carey had left it in the past instead of pushing it so hard so it wouldn't still be such a big deal now.
    My friend..u don't understand. Carey wasn't the only one. Some big name writers have had Magneto/Rogue relationship angles in almost every major Magneto story in the 90s. This thing was going on before she even met Gambit.

It's no big deal. That wasn't the focus of this issue. It does ONCE AGAIN document that Magneto has a special place in his soul for Rogue though. The Magneto confrontations with the other villains were real good though. Magneto talking to Carnage? What a sight

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    My friend..u don't understand. Carey wasn't the only one. Some big name writers have had Magneto/Rogue relationship angles in almost every major Magneto story in the 90s. This thing was going on before she even met Gambit.

It's no big deal. That wasn't the focus of this issue. It does ONCE AGAIN document that Magneto has a special place in his soul for Rogue though. The Magneto confrontations with the other villains were real good though. Magneto talking to Carnage? What a sight
    It certainly came up before that but Carey pushed it way more than anyone else ever did (including Claremont).

BANNED

No. It was pushed harder in Age of Apocalypse when they were having kids and were married.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    No. It was pushed harder in Age of Apocalypse when they were having kids and were married.
    An alternate universe story that lasted less than 6 months vs. a 616 run that lasted 50+ issues (at least the part centering on Rogue)...hardly a fair comparison.

Ultimate Member

There really wasn't much if any Rogue/Magneto anything for years, if anything he'd play on her sympathy, but even during the 90's Rogue had her limits, during the AoA they had one kid but Rogue never forgot about Gambit or ever stopped being in love with him, and Magneto could be very cold to her...usually like 90% of the time he'd be middle of the road at best, seemingly playing with her emotions to get what he wanted even then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    There really wasn't much if any Rogue/Magneto anything for years, if anything he'd play on her sympathy, but even during the 90's Rogue had her limits, during the AoA they had one kid but Rogue never forgot about Gambit or ever stopped being in love with him, and Magneto could be very cold to her...usually like 90% of the time he'd be middle of the road at best, seemingly playing with her emotions to get what he wanted even then.
    Right...until Carey took over X-Men Legacy and pushed the hell out of Rogue/Magneto.

Other than Carnage's motivation, I liked the pitch he made to Magneto's Villains' Squad, who I'm hoping get a better name than the one they just gave them.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Right...until Carey took over X-Men Legacy and pushed the hell out of Rogue/Magneto.
    So then I'm not wrong, and a lot of what he did remember was off panel, he didn't even show much of it, he basically just made it up because he loved them as a couple.

Extraordinary Member

To me this sums up the problem with tie-in issues: it plays hell with any attempt to give a book a consistent tone. Bunn did his best, but the plot of Magneto gathering together a colorful cast of wacky supervillains from across the Marvel Universe doesn't really fit with the tone of this book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So then I'm not wrong, and a lot of what he did remember was off panel, he didn't even show much of it, he basically just made it up because he loved them as a couple.
    I'm agreeing with you on this...Carey is the one that really pushed for this to happen (forced it, even), it is still relatively recent, so we still get it forced on us.

BANNED

Lol@pushed it on you. The sales pushed it on you. Not anything less. Rest of that stuff is your imagination.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    To me this sums up the problem with tie-in issues: it plays hell with any attempt to give a book a consistent tone. Bunn did his best, but the plot of Magneto gathering together a colorful cast of wacky supervillains from across the Marvel Universe doesn't really fit with the tone of this book.
    It doesnīt but I enjoyed it anyway, not every day we can see Magneto, Loki and Dr Doom et all doing a team up for a worthy end while also having a fair level of development for Magnetoīs story, I am quite impressed at how Bunn achieved both while keeping some of the depth from his other Magneto issues.

About Rogneto I really donīt see why it would be a bother this issue really, what we saw in the preview was all there was to it this issue, and if anything both Bunn and Remender are doing a good job at keeping them apart. I really saw a lot more chemistry between Magneto and the new character Briar, which was also a highlight of this issue for me. Until we see some sort of a romantic triangle I donīt see a reason to think rogneto is a possibility, They will stay as frenemies like always imo.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Swagneto!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison