Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Mobh View Post
    It looks pretty gimmicky. A show about Gordon sounds fine, but do we really need kid versions of famous Batman villains? Meh.
    Probably because the general audience doesn't care enough about Gordon by himself.

How do you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    It's obviously not gonna have Batman kicking a bunch of old geezers around.

But obviously that is what would happen if Bruce Wayne grew up to be an adult in this series (which will obviously never happen)
    Eh, assuming he becomes Batman around 21 and the villains are about ten years older than him, then Batman is a 21 year fighting 31 years olds. Even a 25 year old fighting 35 year olds isn't that big a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by dhandler01 View Post
    How do you know that?
    Well lets see how many movies has he even been featured in as more than a cameo? how many comics have featured him predominantly? how about cartoons/animated movies?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Eh, assuming he becomes Batman around 21 and the villains are about ten years older than him, then Batman is a 21 year fighting 31 years olds. Even a 25 year old fighting 35 year olds isn't that big a deal.
    True but the Penguin looks a bit older than that.

Heck even in the last live action tv show where he was featured prominently he didn't do anything interesting and was just some old dude who called Batman when there was trouble.

In response to the OP:

Moar nipples??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    Well, at least of the people on "the list" he was the obvious choice. Kirkland and later Haffner, while good suspects, were clearly red herrings from a meta/viewer's perspective, Smith just didn't fit, Bertram not quite either, and Partridge? Well, Partridge would've been great, but he got stricken off said list rather quickly. I can't really think of any reason why McAllister wouldn't fit to be honest.

As far as OOC-ness goes, I was utterly baffled that Stiles was even on Jane's list, and that he wanted to find out who Red John was to boot, totally ignoring the established facts that he was too old and too known to be the farm kid and that he most likely knew who Red John was and was protecting him like a father. Also, suddenly raising Visualize's creepiness from an underlying level of discomfort to B-movie horror levels was utterly laughable in a painful way.

What pissed me off about the whole end of the Red John arc, however, was that they pulled the "Blake Association" as another level of his network out of their collective arses (and practically stuffed it back in right after) and made Bertram a monster for no reason other than pure shock value.
    It was ridiculous. First, the list was supposed to be people that Jane had known, who he shook hands with sometime before Lorelei Martins revealed that clue. Jane shook McAllister's hand in Season 6, well AFTER the clue had been revealed. He shouldn't have even qualified for the final suspect list.

"I recalled all the names of the 2,164 people that I've met and shook hands with since Red John murdered my family. I might have missed one or two, but not many. 807 of those names were women. And Red John's probably not a woman. Another 949 were men that I had brief encounters with that I never saw or heard from again. That leaves 408 names, and Elliston Farm will exclude so much more. We're getting close, Lisbon. We're getting close." - Patrick Jane, "The Red Barn" (5x13)

Not to mention, McAllister was just a one-off character who didn't appear for several seasons. Making him RJ was complete nonsense. It's like they Heller randomly picked a name out of a hat. He wasn't even close to or even tangentially attached to the RJ case until Season 6.

Ray Haffner would have made more sense. Part of Visualize, may have been at the Red Barn, shook Jane's hand, borderline obsession with Lisbon. All the pieces fit.

But that aside, it was still a terrible conclusion, regardless of McAllister being RJ . And it's why I don't trust Heller with the Batman mythos.

I bet the Joker turns out to be some lab tech guy at the GCPD.
    Last edited by Penguin Truth; 05-09-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

The show is basically guaranteed to jump the shark when Joker is introduced. Assuming it's ever good to begin with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Truth View Post
    It was ridiculous. First, the list was supposed to be people that Jane had known, who he shook hands with sometime before Lorelei Martins revealed that clue. Jane shook McAllister's hand in Season 6, well AFTER the clue had been revealed. He shouldn't have even qualified for the final suspect list.

"I recalled all the names of the 2,164 people that I've met and shook hands with since Red John murdered my family. I might have missed one or two, but not many. 807 of those names were women. And Red John's probably not a woman. Another 949 were men that I had brief encounters with that I never saw or heard from again. That leaves 408 names, and Elliston Farm will exclude so much more. We're getting close, Lisbon. We're getting close." - Patrick Jane, "The Red Barn" (5x13)

Not to mention, McAllister was just a one-off character who didn't appear for several seasons. Making him RJ was complete nonsense. It's like they Heller randomly picked a name out of a hat. He wasn't even close to or even tangentially attached to the RJ case until Season 6.

Ray Haffner would have made more sense. Part of Visualize, may have been at the Red Barn, shook Jane's hand, borderline obsession with Lisbon. All the pieces fit.

But that aside, it was still a terrible conclusion, regardless of McAllister being RJ . And it's why I don't trust Heller with the Batman mythos.

I bet the Joker turns out to be some lab tech guy at the GCPD.
    I think Heller ran himself into the corner with the RJ mythos. While i was also dissapointed with the reveal and outcome , by and large , mentalist series has been mostly decent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    True but the Penguin looks a bit older than that.
    And every single actor on Vampire Diaries looks older than 18. How old an actor looks and how old his character is are two different things. It's been made pretty clear that Cobblepot is basically a low-ranking "intern" in Fish Mooney's crime cartel. That's the kind of position that hoods usually come into in their late teens or early 20s, when they're first learning the ropes.

Spectacular Member

I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    The show is basically guaranteed to jump the shark when Joker is introduced. Assuming it's ever good to begin with.
    Why would it jump the shark then with his most famous villain?