Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Does She-hulk get an easy ride for attacking the Xavier school?

So this forum is known for it's long standing hatred of characters like the Scarlet Witch and Captain America around AvX, however I've never seen She-hulk's actions criticised in the same way. Even though what she did for me was even worse...

In X-men Legacy #266-267 She-hulk led a team containing a mentally unbalanced killer and an unthinking automaton to a neutral and peaceful school to "contain" it. She then attacked and seriously injured unarmed young students as they looked like monsters.

For me this was the lowest part of AvX (even considering the writing) but it's never been mentioned again, should She-hulk have to answer for her crimes or should it be forgotten like everything else about that event?

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

The difference between Shulkie and the other Avengers is that she got her ass handed to her by the superior Rogue.

She can go to bed knowing that she's been put in her place. She doesn't need further punishment.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

She Hulk didn't lead anything, the team deferred to Tony Starks answering machine. Captain America and the rest of the Aryan ruling class can't get their hands dirty so they arrange for the fall guys to be a woman, a black guy and someone suffering from a mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaka View Post
    So this forum is known for it's long standing hatred of characters like the Scarlet Witch and Captain America around AvX, however I've never seen She-hulk's actions criticised in the same way. Even though what she did for me was even worse...

In X-men Legacy #266-267 She-hulk led a team containing a mentally unbalanced killer and an unthinking automaton to a neutral and peaceful school to "contain" it. She then attacked and seriously injured unarmed young students as they looked like monsters.

For me this was the lowest part of AvX (even considering the writing) but it's never been mentioned again, should She-hulk have to answer for her crimes or should it be forgotten like everything else about that event?
    You seem to have missed the priary rule of the MU, Avengers never pay for their crimes, Never

Beating up some mutant kids so you can deprive them of their civil rights is not even worth a slap on the wrist in the MU

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaka View Post

Woah, that Jen would attack "Monsters..." someone who has been friends with Thing and Beast and her own cousin Hulk she had been sympathetic too on some of his worst days. Sounds more like writing to fit the story and not the character for the sake of fighting.

Now on to the other part, I dont know why fans arent as angry with her. Maybe its preference or they dont feel the same about what she did, or as serious as the other characters you mentioned.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

As a She Hulk and an X Man fan I'm going to do what I do with any incident that doesn't affect current plot lines in the MU from AvX.

Ignore it completely.

I don't know why Marvel had so many of their characters act like complete out of character assholes in that event. Particularly the Avengers Shulkie included. It's hideous to read.

She Hulk's new series is the best. I'm not letting the toxic AvX mess stop me enjoying a great book.

BANNED

I doubt She-Hulk would have done that. :( If she did, then I HATE her! >:(

The whole premas of the Avengers being at the school was ludicrous. They went there on the "rumor" the school was going to side with Scott.Rogue told them they were neutral. The Avengers decide to OCCUPY the school to make sure they stayed that way.(Since when can the Avengers occupy private property to enforce their will?) The Avengers group were not to go beyond a certain point. Frenzy goads Moonknight into crossing the (for lack of a better word.) "deadline". That's when the fight broke out. To me, the Avengers heavy handed actions pushed a group of Mutants who were willing to stay out of conflict, right into Scott's hands.(By the way, at the beginning of the story, Rogue is teaching a group of kids about Pearl Harbor...)

BANNED

Isn't She-Hulk a lawyer...so wouldn't that count for something ?

Kitty was the moron who let the Avengers stick around in the first place. Kitty should have told them this is private property and you're trespassing ! Either leave, or you will be treated like any other HOME INVADER!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    She should know about the 3rd Amendment!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

The thing is though, I dont think SW would act how she has been acting since House of M and I cant really consider it cannon. The same as CA with some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I doubt She-Hulk would have done that. If she did, then I HATE her! >
    Not only did she do it, but she did it on a shady mission, in defense of the guy who started the fight

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    In CW She-hulk i enforced a law that she stated was unconstitutional, so acting as a hypocrite is par for the course for the event version of Jen

BANNED

Actually, She-Hulk got a lot of shit in the threads for those issues.