Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I didn't even remember this abomination of a story exists. Shame on you for reminding me of this traumatic event. May we never speak of Gage and his run on XML again.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    A child who happened to be a super-powered mutant.
    It was self-defence more than anything else.

"Aryan ruling class" ? What ?
    So its okay if a child is super-powered ? good to know.

She smacked down Glob Herman, she should be given a medal just for that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    I am No fan of the UN blue hats, they tend to be hapless mo as much as helpful. But it is unfair to compair the Avengers to them, The UNs usually doen't send teams of people with em mental problems out to start fights. It take careful Crafted Stupdity to Senf She-hulk (anger issues), Moon Knight ( crazy as a loon), and a suddenly authoritarian bulyl falcon out to keep peace where peace. That is like throwing gasoline and matches on something to prevent fires
    Remember Cyclops's Extinction team?

... I don't think I need to make any further comment.

A child who happened to be a super-powered mutant.
    It was self-defence more than anything else.
    When you side starts the fight, with unprovoked violence you don't get to claim self-defense.

He was trying to think of a reason that anyone would be stupid enough to send that team to do that job, That the were tmonority thrwow awaus goes with how the Avengers were protrayed in this event.

Cap had to be a complete idiot to send that team the only one that didn't have mental issues decide that he would try to bully people that could squash him like a bug. the team was too small to do the assigned job, to crazy not to make thing worse, and to arrogant to realise tht they were in far over their heads. Hell even some of the youngest students would have no trouble with that team

Just a bit of hyperbole. The straight white male leadership are venerated (particularly Captain America) while it's ok to demean the secondary characters which are more likely to to include women and minorities.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    The whole premas of the Avengers being at the school was ludicrous. They went there on the "rumor" the school was going to side with Scott.Rogue told them they were neutral. The Avengers decide to OCCUPY the school to make sure they stayed that way.(Since when can the Avengers occupy private property to enforce their will?) The Avengers group were not to go beyond a certain point. Frenzy goads Moonknight into crossing the (for lack of a better word.) "deadline". That's when the fight broke out. To me, the Avengers heavy handed actions pushed a group of Mutants who were willing to stay out of conflict, right into Scott's hands.(By the way, at the beginning of the story, Rogue is teaching a group of kids about Pearl Harbor...)
    Than there's what happened at Avengers Academy where Captain America "detained" all the students from Utopia and ordered Hank's school to keep them an eye on them.

The kids weren't "under arrest" but they weren't "allowed to leave Academy grounds even if they wanted to" because Cap felt they would side with Cyke.

Most eventually did as they hated how they were being treated like war criminals even though the Avengers had invaded and razed their home.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Remember Cyclops's Extinction team?

... I don't think I need to make any further comment.
    In what issue were they sent to keep the peace in?

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    The difference between Shulkie and the other Avengers is that she got her ass handed to her by the superior Rogue.
    She can go to bed knowing that she's been put in her place. She doesn't need further punishment.
    I agree with this assessment. The problem with Beast and Cap is neither have been put in their place about their actions.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Than there's what happened at Avengers Academy where Captain America "detained" all the students from Utopia and ordered Hank's school to keep them an eye on them.

The kids weren't "under arrest" but they weren't "allowed to leave Academy grounds even if they wanted to" because Cap felt they would side with Cyke.

Most eventually did as they hated how they were being treated like war criminals even though the Avengers had invaded and razed their home.
    In that light, it doesn't seem like such a surprise or even a shock that they would. If even non-mutant superheroes are going to treat mutants as too inherently dangerous not to be contained and controlled, then why should mutants bother trying to ally with super-powered non-mutants that don't see them any differently than ordinary humans do? Might as well stick with the guy who's at least a staunch defender of the right of their kind to (continue to) exist as opposed to someone who'd rather sell out for their own fragile self-esteem or to settle a longstanding grudge with the former.

To answer the OP, Captain America and Scarlet Witch get more flack than anyone else in the Avengers because Captain America is the de facto leader of the Avengers even when he's not officially leading the organization and was pressing the charge against the X-Men in that event to begin with, and Scarlet Witch's actions in House of M led to this whole sorry saga in the first place. To put it more succinctly, Cap and Wanda are key figures behind the badness in and leading up to Avengers Vs. X-Men, so the Avengers-hate is concentrated on them and everyone else in the Avengers is pretty much collateral damage, Spider-Man, She-Hulk, and Falcon included.
    The spider is always on the hunt.