Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I kinda thought this Spider-Man was a little too similar to the one in #3. Both using super high tech stuff, with an anime/manga look and feel.
    When I first heard about this series I thought the same thing. I think the execution of the characters was the difference because I forgot all about #3 and the similarities.

All-New Member

Kaneda from Akira showing up pretty much made this my second favorite edge of book. Loved the anime/ Neon Genesis inspiration.

Anyone catch the Kamala Khan cameo on the train?

All of these Edge of Spider-Verse stories tie into the main books right? I mean the Patton issue added nothing to the story. Although I have a theory about it.
    Last edited by Model 1911A1 Cal .45; 10-15-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post

All of these Edge of Spider-Verse stories tie into the main books right? I mean the Patton issue added nothing to the story. Although I have a theory about it.
    Yea they all tied in in some way to Spider-Berse though only 1,2, and 5 actually ended with the MC with recruited or soon to be recruited while 3 ended with the attack and 4 with the kill.

Considering the themes of this issue and other things, it's pretty much safe to say that this was inspired by Neon Genesis Evangelion. Though I'm pretty sure Evangelion in turn was inspired by a bunch of other stuff too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post

Kamala and Idie/Oya were both on the train.

In addition to the Akira and GitS cameos, Simon and Yoko from Gurren Laggan were in Peni's class.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2099 View Post
    Kaneda from Akira showing up pretty much made this my second favorite edge of book. Loved the anime/ Neon Genesis inspiration.
    Where did he show up? Which page?
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Where did he show up? Which page?
    Page 18. He's getting kicked in the face. He's got his red pill jacket and the gun he used to fight Tetsuo.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2099 View Post
    Page 18. He's getting kicked in the face. He's got his red pill jacket and the gun he used to fight Tetsuo.
    Nice catch!

lives.jpg
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Just saw Idie from the X-Men and Kamala Khan show up on the same page.

Spectacular Member

Has no one noticed that Way himself is in the comic? he's the guy on the train in the blue suit (its the same suit from his album cover)
    I thought the classmates was another evangelion reference. (they look like Shinji, Rei, Asuka and Kaworu)
    Also Major Kusanagi and Batou from Ghost in the Shell are in the same scene with Kaneda (in the panel when SP//dr and DD jump down)

Just read Edge of Spider-Verse #5. All around pretty good. Wyatt's art style I think has a home here much moreso than his brief tenure with Ms. Marvel. Writing and setup is pretty good and unique. Hoping Peni won't suffer a terrible fate when Spider-Verse rolls around, especially since we know that she has no on-going announced.

I certainly wouldn't mind at least a limited miniseries with her so as to expand her world.

The Ramiel slash Sahaquiel Mysterio made this issue for me. What a fun issue.

I'm not sure how I felt about this one. It was "cool" and the art was really great. The forced anime references on near every page was maybe a bit much. When I read the first few pages about how the suit bonds to you, I thought "Wow this feels like evangelion". But then you turn the page, the four main eva pliots are in her class and the cool subtlety of the comics inspirations are suddenly rammed into your face.

Way's writing is always a mixed bag for me as well. While it does set a style its overly pretentious nature can be damn hard to follow.