Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Incredible Member

Green Latern doesn't need to all that young. The ring does all the heavy lifting, after all. John Stewart had a military career before becoming an architect, nothing wrong with the character being in his 40s.
    Downy and Samuel L. Jackson are older than everybody else in Avengers, but it fits the background of their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    They do have the same face. Kinda like the new Mr Fantastic and Rachel Maddow do. Not hating, just stating.
    Russel Brand and Kiera Knightly are like that too.

Ezra Miller would make a terrific Morpheous/Sandman if Joseph Gorden-Levvit wasn't doing it.
    Attachment 11471
    He'd be great as Klarion the Witch Boy.
    Attachment 11472

There's a lot I'd seem him do for DC but Flash is not one of them.

Maybe iVampire?
    Attachment 11473
    I agree totally. And even though it's not like Barry's hair color matters much, Ezra is just way too quirky/gothy in everything I've seen of him. Barry Allen isn't quirky or gothy.

This is nothing like how some people doubted Ledger as the Joker when he was announced; most of those people only knew him as "guy in that gay cowboy movie I didn't see", and assumed the worst.

I reminded of when Adam Driver was rumored to be playing Dick Grayson. It's not that he's a bad actor, but he'd be *completely, utterly* wrong as Dick Grayson. For that matter, he wouldn't be a natural fit for Flash, either, but at least he'd be better than Ezra.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Green Latern doesn't need to all that young. The ring does all the heavy lifting, after all. John Stewart had a military career before becoming an architect, nothing wrong with the character being in his 40s.
    Downy and Samuel L. Jackson are older than everybody else in Avengers, but it fits the background of their characters.
    Thats the thing. John Stewart has always been portrayed as an old man with a very stern and straight personality. Stewart as a character isn't suitable on screen with the justice league. I'm okay if hes in a green lantern movie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Thats the thing. John Stewart has always been portrayed as an old man with a very stern and straight personality. Stewart as a character isn't suitable on screen with the justice league. I'm okay if hes in a green lantern movie.
    I don't understand that logic at all. The Justice League can't have a stern older guy? John can be just like he was in the DCAU and it would work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    I don't think he was criticizing the films with those pictures. Just saying when you have a Flash, Cyborg, and Wonder Woman in their 20's, Superman and Aquaman in their 30's, Batman who is by design supposed to be a veteran, you don't want a Green Lantern pushing 50 standing next to them.
    Gren Lantern just stand their and uses a magic ring. He could be in his 60s and it wouldn't matter as long as he put on a good performance.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Tell that to women actresses over 35. Tell that to all those actors in their 30's competing with less talented 20 year olds.
    It's more about the individual than their age. Some look older than others etc, but its not a hard or fast measurement. Plus its usually different for men and women. Men get away with age discrepancies all teh time in film. You've got 40 year olds playing highschoolers. There has never been a one size fits all. Whereas for women if it's "Barbie Doll" type roll the casters have in mind they may go with the more attractive (in their eyes) choice.
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

I don't understand that logic at all. The Justice League can't have a stern older guy? John can be just like he was in the DCAU and it would work fine.
    Not when theres plenty of other stern straight faced characters like I don't know, Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman? With Hal, theres the funny, flirtatious, humourous guy, with Barry theres the geeky dude and with Cyborg theres the troubled, relatable guy that everyone can relates to.

I know right? There was nothing wrong with John Stewart being in the DCAU.

Incredible Member

http://www.newsarama.com/22512-ray-f...ay-we-did.html

And this kind of thing is why I have no confidence in DC's plans. When some of the actors you plan to have starring in their own solo superhero films don't find out about that until the same day that information is released to the public, that is a mess. DC booked these dates months ago. Ray Fisher has been cast for months, and finished shooting his cameo for Dawn of Justice awhile ago. Its completely ridiculous that you can't find time to inform one of the key actors in your major crossover blockbuster universe of something as critical as 'oh yeah, we're giving you an entire solo movie' in all that time, unless you're not sure of it yourself until just now - and if that's the case, that's an even bigger problem. Stuff like this reveals just how haphazard DC/WB's approach to planning and mapping out this whole endeavor really is, and it does not inspire confidence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post

And this kind of thing is why I have no confidence in DC's plans. When some of the actors you plan to have starring in their own solo superhero films don't find out about that until the same day that information is released to the public, that is a mess. DC booked these dates months ago. Ray Fisher has been cast for months, and finished shooting his cameo for Dawn of Justice awhile ago. Its completely ridiculous that you can't find time to inform one of the key actors in your major crossover blockbuster universe of something as critical as 'oh yeah, we're giving you an entire solo movie' in all that time, unless you're not sure of it yourself until just now - and if that's the case, that's an even bigger problem. Stuff like this reveals just how haphazard DC/WB's approach to planning and mapping out this whole endeavor really is, and it does not inspire confidence.
    Well, that could be because they haven't attached anything to the project yet other than a lead character and a release date for six years away.

He'll have had a contract for multiple movies which would've included the possibility of a solo, it's not like he never considered it might happen.

I reminded of when Adam Driver was rumored to be playing Dick Grayson. It's not that he's a bad actor, but he'd be *completely, utterly* wrong as Dick Grayson. For that matter, he wouldn't be a natural fit for Flash, either, but at least he'd be better than Ezra.
    I was waiting for someone to say this on purpose, but...I get the feeling this was unintentional
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post

Mind telling us who the others are? Fisher is the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Well, that could be because they haven't attached anything to the project yet other than a lead character and a release date for six years away.

He'll have had a contract for multiple movies which would've included the possibility of a solo, it's not like he never considered it might happen.
    This right here ^^.

Multiple film contract...and besides, the film is 6 years away. Plenty of time.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I know right? There was nothing wrong with John Stewart being in the DCAU.
    I know right, there will also be nothing wrong with Hal Jordan being in DCCU.

Warner Brothers seeking female director for Wonder Woman:

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/warner...r-wonder-woman

Jonathan Nolan answers questions on whether he or Christopher are working on any DC films currently:

http://screenrant.com/dc-justice-lea...er-nolan-role/