Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Man, I feel like I should be excited about this schedule and the films included, but I just can't muster the interest. I keep hoping for something that hooks me in, but I haven't gotten it yet.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

There's no excuse not to get hold of Will Smith for John Stewart. Ryan Reynolds has already moved on to Deadpool. GL can join up for the Justice League films then get his own solo movie.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Everyone could handle the fact that Batman the Animated Series and the 90's Batman movies were not in the same universe. Everyone could handle the fact that multiple Avengers cartoons have been airing on TV alongside the movies.

This really is not a problem.
    It's apples and oranges, an animated Series has no barring on a live action tv show/movie because its a different audience all together. The Flash will have 2 different live action versions of the same character which has never happened before. If it really was "no problem" they wouldn't tell Arrow they couldn't use certain characters and they certainly would allow them to have Bruce Wayne in their shows or even make their own television series based off Batman. Sorry but your comparison falls flat and just doesn't work here. Animated and live action won't be confused with eachother at all or render useless. 2 live action versions is just making them compete with each other for no reason what so ever.
    Last edited by Gordon; 10-16-2014 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Edited for content

Looking for The Massive afrocarter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    It's apples and oranges, an animated Series has no barring on a live action tv show/movie because its a different audience all together. The Flash will have 2 different live action versions of the same character which has never happened before. If it really was "no problem" they wouldn't tell Arrow they couldn't use certain characters and they certainly would allow them to have Bruce Wayne in their shows or even make their own television series based off Batman. Sorry but your comparison falls flat and just doesn't work here. Animated and live action won't be confused with eachother at all or render useless. 2 live action versions is just making them compete with each other for no reason what so ever.
    How exactly does a television show "compete" with a movie? I think audiences will be smart enough to be able to not get the two mixed up.
    Last edited by Gordon; 10-16-2014 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Edited for content

Guys, we need to stop making the topic be about each other. Enough with the personal asides and the digs or posting privileges may be suspended. I trust that's clear to everyone.

~~Gordon

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    There's no excuse not to get hold of Will Smith for John Stewart. Ryan Reynolds has already moved on to Deadpool. GL can join up for the Justice League films then get his own solo movie.
    John Stewart won't be green lantern in the 2020 movie though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    Man, I feel like I should be excited about this schedule and the films included, but I just can't muster the interest. I keep hoping for something that hooks me in, but I haven't gotten it yet.
    It could be because you're not interested in the characters?

Will smith is getting to old for this by 2020 it would almost make more sense for his kid to play the role. Jayden is 16. Will smith is 46.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    John Stewart won't be green lantern in the 2020 movie though
    Where do you get this from?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Will smith is getting to old for this by 2020 it would almost make more sense for his kid to play the role. Jayden is 16. Will smith is 46.

Where do you get this from?
    It's obvious. Barry, Arthur curry, Vic and Hal have been pushed in all other media outside of comics, so much so that every incarnation features the big 7, so I can't see a reason why they'll waste years of marketing away.

Extraordinary Member

I sure as hell didn't see this coming!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I sure as hell didn't see this coming!
    What's your favourite, or most shocking, announcement?

Justice League/Aquaman for me.

Cyborg and Green Lantern for other.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    What's your favourite, or most shocking, announcement?

Justice League/Aquaman for me.

Cyborg and Green Lantern for other.
    Favourite is probably Aquaman. Also good to see Shazam, even though it was announced a while back.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    It's obvious. Barry, Arthur curry, Vic and Hal have been pushed in all other media outside of comics, so much so that every incarnation features the big 7, so I can't see a reason why they'll waste years of marketing away.
    I don't know. With a Samoan Shazam and a Polynesian Aquaman, it just seems like they might want some more color. I'm thinking either it's race bent Hal (which will be way odd if the black GL is still Hal) or it's John or it includes John as a GL partner.

52 year old Will Smith might not be interested in starring in a potential franchise.

You might even be pushing it with 48 year old Idris Elba or 43 year old Chiwetel Ejiofor

Chadwick Boseman (42, Get on Up) might be the best choice for John Stewart

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    52 year old Will Smith might not be interested in starring in a potential franchise.

You might even be pushing it with 48 year old Idris Elba or 43 year old Chiwetel Ejiofor

Chadwick Boseman (42, Get on Up) might be the best choice for John Stewart
    Liam Neeson is 62 and is doing a lot of action flicks. I don't see why age would be a factor.