Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default Avengers & x-men: Axis #2

Interesting issue.

I'm not doing the usual detailed spoilers but here goes:

- Stark explains that the Sentinels are containment units and they counter the target's power and apply Pym Particles on them for imprisonment.

- Rogue, Scarlet Witch and Dr.Strange try to come up with a plan to invert Red Skull's consciousness and put Charles Xavier in control. All the while, Magneto and Stark continue to trade barbs. Stark explains that the Sentinels are meant for heroes and not for "murdering villains" like Magneto.

- Rogue attacks Skullslaught and saves Nova immediately afterwards. Rogue gets into some trouble and Nova tries to save her but screws up the plan when the Sentinels turn on him and Scarlet Witch and Strange.

- The Sentinels capture the team and take down Magneto.

- The Sentinels face Iron man and almost completely crush him. Magneto sees what happens but flies away and leaves Iron man to his bloody fate. Fortunately, Nightcrawler comes in and teleports Iron Man away.

- A team of some X-men, Avengers and Inhumans are in a hide out and they explain to Iron man that they are the last heroes left. The team come together to take down Skullslaught and his Sentinels but the team are defeated quickly.

- Magneto appears at the end of the issue with a team of Loki, Dr Doom, Deadpool, Enchantress, Absorbing Man, Carnage, Mystique, Hobgoblin, Jack O Lantern and Sabretooth.

BANNED

It felt like I was reading "Forever Evil". That said, I wasn't overly impressed with this issue.

...how did Magneto get Carnage to join him?
    ...NO SERIOUSLY! Did he go "Hey Carnage! Come save the world!"
    Carnage: "Okay!"

BANNED

The good: Havok's monologue and Cyclops

The bad: The needless shoehorning of Inhumans into the narrative. I mean, why?

The ugly: Seriously, how many editors do you need to get a damned recap page right. Sue Storm looks nothing like Iron Fist.

The hilarious: Magneto leaving Tony was great. I don't blame him after how douchey Tony was being.

The clever: Tony tells Magneto he could never imagine his "ilk" working together, then that's what saves his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    ...how did Magneto get Carnage to join him?
    ...NO SERIOUSLY! Did he go "Hey Carnage! Come save the world!"
    Carnage: "Okay!"
    The gaps are filled in via Magneto's issue. Shows the recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    The gaps are filled in via Magneto's issue. Shows the recruitment.
    Okay, I'm gonna pick up Magneto today, but I'm REALLY curious what hiring Carnage entails.

So, is the "bring Xavier's brain to the forefront" thing going ot lead to the inversion of everyone? Seems like that was the hint ther eno?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

All-New Member

It really did feel like a Forever Evil steal. "The heroes of the world are captured, the world's gone dark, only a team of major Villians can save the world now"

I'm more confused why anyone would think Deadpool is a villain, he's not the greatest guy in the world but I wouldn't put him up there with Carnage or Sabertooth.

I did really like Magneto being the only hope to save them though, kind of a nice twist of things.

I also feel really bad for the Avengers in this event, they just keep making everything worse, fist with Iron Man having built Sentinels and now Nova having possibly screwed up the chance to bring back Professor X. It's just not looking good for them compared to the X-men.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm more confused why anyone would think Deadpool is a villain, he's not the greatest guy in the world but I wouldn't put him up there with Carnage or Sabertooth.

I did really like Magneto being the only hope to save them though, kind of a nice twist of things.

I also feel really bad for the Avengers in this event, they just keep making everything worse, fist with Iron Man having built Sentinels and now Nova having possibly screwed up the chance to bring back Professor X. It's just not looking good for them compared to the X-men.
    This nova is an Avenger?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Not sure how I felt bout this. Better than the #1 to be fair but still...

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

What goes around...
    Also, keep in mind, Paco Lips is coming back, and the X-Men seem likely to join him.

I love Remender though

Good to see a book where the plot advances AND there is some action.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This nova is an Avenger?
    Technically no, his mom wouldn't let him join. But he constantly appears with them in various occasions, I guess I should have said that instead.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Sue Storm is Iron Fist y'all.

Sounds like Wanda will be responsible for the inversion. Marvel just loves to fck her up.