Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Not only that, there were heroes there the Sentinels should never have targetted due to being ordinary humans with no powers. Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Captain Falcon, etc.
    I was under the impression that it locked on to them because they were in Tony's Civil War files. That doesn't seem like that far of a stretch. It does seem silly that no one would think to add the villains to the list, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I got the same impression you did.
    And this is one of the reasons I don't read DC comics. I picked one of the Big Two because it seems like they bounce off each other a lot, which doesn't really surprise me since there are only so many ideas, and I imagine a lot of the creators probably do spring ideas off each other in their secret comic book writer lairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And as for "gradual buildup" there was NO "buildup" whatsoever that Red Skull was manipulating him. NO book EVER gave us any indication of that, and it directly contradicts what happened in Fraction's IM run. That literally comes out of nowhere.
    It could be the whole Stark City and Arno was all a dream that Red Skull perpetrated on Tony, and he is just coming out of the delirium to realize he's been fighting Red Skull mentally this whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    They're dealing with hate riots all around the globe.

Magneto letting Tony to be crushed to his death, despite knowing full well the man was mind-controlled into designing those Sentinels by the Skull...
    What a sad little individual, so self-righteous here as if he had any kind of moral high ground over people, Stark front and center.

Rogue was so right to call him out on his posturing in Uncanny, the man is really a cold-blooded monster.
    Rotten indeed.

Glad to know there'll be a shift of artist next issue, Kubert...well let's say I expect much better quality from an artist of his calibre, huge letdown for me in this department.
    Well, what i understood, the thing is that the Red Skull only gave him a little push to start build them, but that ALL he did.

Amazing Member

Man this **** is really disappointing me. I spent the last week reading up the Uncanny Avengers issues so I could follow this event and they were awesome!!! so I was even more pumped when I finished # 25 but this, wtf!.

All the one liners in the 1st book? and I can barely understand what is going on in some of the panels or how its happening? but I will push through hope it gets better.

Now just looking forward to the relaunch so it can get back on track. Wasn't exposed to Remender before this I've become a big fan of his in the past week.

Mighty Member

It was pretty interesting that the Midnight Sons were mentioned among the active teams. They haven't been seen since the 90s, unless you count that random Midnight Sons team in Marvel Zombies five years ago.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    It was pretty interesting that the Midnight Sons were mentioned among the active teams. They haven't been seen since the 90s, unless you count that random Midnight Sons team in Marvel Zombies five years ago.
    They were mentioned in the Morbius series, but then they used the Legion of Monsters, and that group is stationed under NYC and does technically protect a population of Morlocks in their underground city. Given all the riots, they would probably be too busy to help, however.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    They were mentioned in the Morbius series, but then they used the Legion of Monsters, and that group is stationed under NYC and does technically protect a population of Morlocks in their underground city. Given all the riots, they would probably be too busy to help, however.
    That's pretty lame. Then again I guess all the old members are either gone or on different teams now.

im 50/50 with this event thus far. I like how Red Onslaught is posing a viable threat...that all seems lost and the heroes are having a hard time taking him down. Then I like how he brought the Sentinels in that were only an idea Tony had up until this point but Skull built them. The story started losing me a bit when they explained how the sentinels worked...bathing people in pym particles and capturing/containing them within. I was lost because the artwork was a bit off during these panels, I felt it was a little jarring when they were locked on. I didn't feel the idea, and the art work synced up properly. Finally, the end reveal of the villains coming to save the day...I'm just tired of seeing heroes act like villains, heroes fighting heroes, and villains on the road to redemption when it's inevitable for them to go back to status quo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    That's pretty lame. Then again I guess all the old members are either gone or on different teams now.
    I mean, the Midnight Sons weren't really that close of a team. Half of the members are dead, and the other half never really got along that well to begin with, save for Morbius and Jack and Hannibal King and Blade. And as they said, everyone is busy with the hate riots.

Given the fact that Remender is including Jack O'Lantern for some reason, I bet we have a good chance of seeing the Legion of Monsters at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    im 50/50 with this event thus far. I like how Red Onslaught is posing a viable threat...that all seems lost and the heroes are having a hard time taking him down. Then I like how he brought the Sentinels in that were only an idea Tony had up until this point but Skull built them. The story started losing me a bit when they explained how the sentinels worked...bathing people in pym particles and capturing/containing them within. I was lost because the artwork was a bit off during these panels, I felt it was a little jarring when they were locked on. I didn't feel the idea, and the art work synced up properly. Finally, the end reveal of the villains coming to save the day...I'm just tired of seeing heroes act like villains, heroes fighting heroes, and villains on the road to redemption when it's inevitable for them to go back to status quo.
    I think part of the draw for the villains here is that they really aren't doing this to be redeemed, and Magneto isn't really offering it to them as a chance for redemption. Red Onslaught is an end-of-the-world level threat, and the villains are all that's left since most of them weren't busy to begin with. Unlike the heroes who are all busy with threats around the world and protecting their own people, the villains are free to do what they want. It's sorta the same reason the villains were among the last to be infected in the zombie comics. They weren't trying to save anyone save themselves and maybe their close allies, so they were free to help later.

Also, there are levels and types of villainy. Just because you are a villain doesn't mean you want to see the world end. Maybe you're a thief, in which case having a fully functioning society is a huge benefit. Or whatever. Most of the characters Magneto recruited are either already pretty gray area and/or are in the process of redeeming already (Loki, Doom, Deadpool if you count him tagging along as a recruitment) or Red Skull taking over would put a serious crimp in their style of villainy, so they have a reason to try and stop him for purely selfish reasons. the only one that remains a bit problematic for me is Carnage.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-18-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    They're dealing with hate riots all around the globe.

Magneto letting Tony to be crushed to his death, despite knowing full well the man was mind-controlled into designing those Sentinels by the Skull...
    What a sad little individual, so self-righteous here as if he had any kind of moral high ground over people, Stark front and center.

Rogue was so right to call him out on his posturing in Uncanny, the man is really a cold-blooded monster.
    Rotten indeed.

Glad to know there'll be a shift of artist next issue, Kubert...well let's say I expect much better quality from an artist of his calibre, huge letdown for me in this department.
    This 100%!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Also, there are levels and types of villainy. Just because you are a villain doesn't mean you want to see the world end. Maybe you're a thief, in which case having a fully functioning society is a huge benefit. Or whatever. Most of the characters Magneto recruited are either already pretty gray area and/or are in the process of redeeming already (Loki, Doom, Deadpool if you count him tagging along as a recruitment) or Red Skull taking over would put a serious crimp in their style of villainy, so they have a reason to try and stop him for purely selfish reasons. the only one that remains a bit problematic for me is Carnage.
    I think the Deadpool previews make it clear that he really just missed the bus. He wasn't in NYC for the Avengers to pick him up, and the X-Men left him at the Jean Grey school because he was recovering from major surgery. I imagine the only reasons he's involved is because Evan is there.