Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

There was an interval of "an entire night" in the battle where Magneto left to recruit the villains, and other characters were hidden (those not hid "evaporated before our eyes", according to Kurt and Scott), protected telepathically by Quentin, who was strong enough to block telepathy Red Massacre, and apparently the technology of Sentinels.

After resting ... they came back to fight ... and were simply hidden from beachfront Skull and Sentinels.

The tie-in of Magneto ended the saga. haha

Well for Mystique, Magneto could say that Nightcrawler and Rogue are in trouble and Raven's "motherly" instincts could kick in.

BANNED

Who is this Axis of Evil?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Well for Mystique, Magneto could say that Nightcrawler and Rogue are in trouble and Raven's "motherly" instincts could kick in.
    It's explained in Magneto #11...a excellent issue in itself. Bunn is on fire right now.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    Who is this Axis of Evil?
    Not yet officially confirmed, but given how the inversion turns out, it'll likely be the inverted heroes (Superior Iron Man, Kluh, Cage, etc.).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Magneto:: Who wants to go to Genosha to battle hero killing sentinels?

(Crickets chirp)

Carnage: Will you buy us ice cream?

Magneto: Sigh. Yes, I will buy you Ice cream

(villians in unison) To Genosha!
    This is particularly funny having just read Loki: AoA.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JVictor View Post
    Sue Storm is Iron Fist y'all.
    Now she knows how Hawkeye feels

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    The bad: The needless shoehorning of Inhumans into the narrative. I mean, why?
    Why would they just watch, when they can send aid?

I guess this confirms that the longhaired Storm from then preview is a miscolored Medusa?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    ...how did Magneto get Carnage to join him?
    ...NO SERIOUSLY! Did he go "Hey Carnage! Come save the world!"
    Carnage: "Okay!"
    How did Rogue not defeat Onslaught on first contact?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    The good: Havok's monologue and Cyclops

The bad: The needless shoehorning of Inhumans into the narrative. I mean, why?

The ugly: Seriously, how many editors do you need to get a damned recap page right. Sue Storm looks nothing like Iron Fist.

The hilarious: Magneto leaving Tony was great. I don't blame him after how douchey Tony was being.

The clever: Tony tells Magneto he could never imagine his "ilk" working together, then that's what saves his life.
    The Inhumans inclusion was my favourite mention. The Earths heroes are evaporating fast. Whose left but the Inhumans? This must be the first Event where the mutants, the super heroes, and the Inhumans work together. And I'm not talking about the Inhuman royal family. I'm talking about the common street Inhumans created after Inhumanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
    I am a bit wary of the villain roster in a big event such as this. I am not sure why Mystique and Jack O'Lantern are even there and it would have been better if they used Green Goblin instead of Hobgoblin but the rest are good.
    Mystique is Charles' wife.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    A better way to get Carnage in the fight would have been to point out that he'll eventually get killed anyway, and he can't torture people if both he and they are dead. Play on his self-preservation and the threat that all his toys will be taken away.
    I thought Carnage was ripped in half by Sentry and left to gravity fall back to Earth and burn up on re-entry?
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 10-16-2014 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Merged

Ultimate Member

Plus, if Red Skull is going after Mutants, then it makes perfect sense that he'd go after the Inhumans as well. All of equally "inferior" in his eyes. This is a case where "shoehorned in" actually means "they're using characters that I don't like." Not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    How did Rogue not defeat Onslaught on first contact?
    Stop asking really good questions!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    Interesting issue. A lot of Tony focus. A problem I immediately recognized. Magneto wouldn't tolerate that back talk from Tony Stark. No way. But since it was a highlight issue for Tony as everyone else went down, I guess Remender thought it made sense. Rogue, Wanda, and Strange got some shine too. The ending was very entertaining. Tony saying Magneto abandoned everybody and he shows up with the most fascinating players of the whole story line.
    If the Sentinels are susceptible to magnetism, why didn't Magneto rip the Sentinels apart and release the captives. Plot device to move the story forward no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I thought Carnage was ripped in half by Sentry and left to gravity fall back to Earth and burn up on re-entry?
    That was like, 5 Carnage mini series ago.
    On ye olde CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    That was like, 5 Carnage mini series ago.
    Carnage for the win then. Alien that withstands re-entry is immortal.

The line about hydraulics made me roll my eyes. Iron Man's armor is animated by a magnetic force-field, not hydraulics. It's sci-fi uber-tech, not a bulldozer.