Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Justice League #35 Spoilers

Bruce and Luthor do their best politicians personas.
    Lena is still alive, in a wheelchair...she is readhead make her Oracle Johns!!! JK
    So Bruce see that Luthor is doing his bizarro clone. there is a attack on Lex corp and the amazo virus is stolen.

I think JL is better after Lex joined, but at the expense of the other heroes on the team

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Bruce and Luthor do their best politicians personas.
    Lena is still alive, in a wheelchair...she is readhead make her Oracle Johns!!! JK
    So Bruce see that Luthor is doing his bizarro clone. there is a attack on Lex corp and the amazo virus is stolen.

I think JL is better after Lex joined, but at the expense of the other heroes on the team
    Lex has always been ginger so it makes sense his sister can have the same hair color *shrug*.
    A lot of the "other "heroes"(lol at Lex being a hero,Johns is gonna pull the rug on him real bad in time) have also been written better since FE ended

All-New Member

I'm liking the Flash/Power Ring dynamic. That's something I'd like to be explored a little more.

I could have sworn Johns gave Cyborg that green button as a hologram maker, but guess I was wrong.

Anyway this was a set up issue. For all the people complaining about how Johns handles Batman he sure seems to be giving Bruce a lot of love the last few months.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I could have sworn Johns gave Cyborg that green button as a hologram maker, but guess I was wrong.

Anyway this was a set up issue. For all the people complaining about how Johns handles Batman he sure seems to be giving Bruce a lot of love the last few months.
    Since FE ended it feels a bit like Batman/Luthor book. Others get a moment here and there, but I'd probably prefer more panels with Shazam and Cyborg, characters that don't appear anywhere else outside of this title.

Yes. I very much like this issue. It is such enjoyment.

Seriously though, after the debacle of #34, this was a brilliant return to form, and I officially cannot wait for it to kick off with Jason Fabok next month!

Always Rakzo

One of the best issues recently.

Barry is such a fun guy.

So far, I'm liking the Wayne and Luthor developments. I think I'd be happy with the BvS movie if it mirrored what's going on here.

I wonder if Flash and Power Ring will become an interesting duo (not romantic), like how Cyborg and Shazam are intended to be.

Does using Lena against Lex fall flat for anyone else? I mean, since Forever Evil its been painted as this horrific black mark on the guy...and I'm just not seeing it. He tried to cure his sister via his own personal genius, failed, and was ashamed and left town. An honorable thing to do? No. But far from evil, either. Now we find out she works in his private lab now.

It just seems like Johns is trying to paint this picture of a horrific family secret but the events don't really justify the hype. This isn't like cutting the brakes on his father's truck or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Does using Lena against Lex fall flat for anyone else? I mean, since Forever Evil its been painted as this horrific black mark on the guy...and I'm just not seeing it. He tried to cure his sister via his own personal genius, failed, and was ashamed and left town. An honorable thing to do? No. But far from evil, either. Now we find out she works in his private lab now.

It just seems like Johns is trying to paint this picture of a horrific family secret but the events don't really justify the hype. This isn't like cutting the brakes on his father's truck or something.
    It illustrates the extent of Luthors pride. He'd rather abandon his family than own up to failure.

Oh I understand that, I still feel though its being played as more unseemly than it really is. I mean, again, she's alive and well by all indications, just has a disability. If he had left her to get worse or die or something, that'd be another ball game, but I'm just not feeling how bad its been played as a big dark secret. Its an illustration of him taking his ball and running if things don't go right, but considering who we're talking about, this is rather on the tame side of bad things Lex has done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh I understand that, I still feel though its being played as more unseemly than it really is. I mean, again, she's alive and well by all indications, just has a disability. If he had left her to get worse or die or something, that'd be another ball game, but I'm just not feeling how bad its been played as a big dark secret. Its an illustration of him taking his ball and running if things don't go right, but considering who we're talking about, this is rather on the tame side of bad things Lex has done.
    Hm. Always struck me that the Dr. Dooms and Luthors take their personal failures more keenly than more balanced people. Might be some character notes here....

Extraordinary Member

This was interesting. Just got back to reading Justice League and was expecting some action scenes but it was still enjoyable. I liked how all of the members were put to use in the story even while the focus was mostly on Lex and Bruce. Shazam's dialogue reminded me how he is just a kid which was funny.

Another fun and solid issue.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I cannot get enough of the Lex/Bruce dynamic, it is very interesting. I do bemoan the fact that there isn't really enough screen time for the other Leaguers. Since Forever Evil, this book has really felt like Batman and Lex Luthor's comic, which happens to guest star the Justice League. I adore Johns' comic but I really can't help but feel like this isn't really a Justice League book as the Justice League doesn't fight bad guys or do anything heroic in their own book. They just wind up talking about how awesome they are and rarely, if ever, showing us how awesome they are. I kind of wish we had another Justice League comic, that starred these characters, that showed us how heroic and awesome the League is.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    So far, I'm liking the Wayne and Luthor developments. I think I'd be happy with the BvS movie if it mirrored what's going on here.

I wonder if Flash and Power Ring will become an interesting duo (not romantic), like how Cyborg and Shazam are intended to be.
    It seems like Johns is trying to pair people off (Clark/Diana, Bruce/Lex, Barry/Jessica, Vic/Billy, etc.). Poor Arthur is all alone.