Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Avengers & X-Men: AXIS, #2

Rick Remender delivers a weak story coupled with poor characterization and dialogue in "Avengers & X-Men: AXIS" #2, further hindered by surprisingly uninspired art from Adam Kubert.

Full review here.

Huh, the CBR reviews seem pretty on point for this so-called event series.

is CBR going to get in trouble for this low review?

Surprisingly I agree with a CBR review. So far Axis is horrible.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

I had some really high hopes, but it definitely isn't great. I'm happy Scott and Alex and the X-Men were all on the same side, though!

why did CBRNEWS post this in the x-men forum and not the avenger forum?

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Thanks for the review CBR, certainly sounds like one to avoid at all costs.

It's a shame for the comic shops that are probably going to end up with a lot of unsold stock due to the orders for all 9 issues having to be in before #1 hit the shelves.

CBR reviewer didn't hold back on this one, it's good to see. Shame about the book

Spot-on review.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

That was refreshingly brutal.

BANNED

The thing that makes me laugh is the random X-Men used who are such obvious plot devices there.
    Nightcrawler needed to rescue Stark with his teleportation.
    Quire used for his telepath abilities, Evan used because apparently Apocalypse has to be involved later.

It's lazy, sloppy, writing, it's not even explained why those last two are behind a wall with Cyclops...

Felt this was a little too harsh. This issue wasn't great, but it wasn't that terrible. It had a lot of nice insight into the musings of Tony Stark. It had a lot of epic action that was a lot more organized and concise than the first issue. And the end page with the arrival of all the villains was nicely set up and quite satisfying. It lacked detail and refinement, but it wasn't terrible. I would give it a 3 or a 3.5 at the most. AXIS isn't off to a really strong start, but it has no flaws that cannot be fixed in later issues. The success or failure of this event hinges on its ability to deal with those issues in a compelling way.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Felt this was a little too harsh. This issue wasn't great, but it wasn't that terrible. It had a lot of nice insight into the musings of Tony Stark. It had a lot of epic action that was a lot more organized and concise than the first issue. And the end page with the arrival of all the villains was nicely set up and quite satisfying. It lacked detail and refinement, but it wasn't terrible. I would give it a 3 or a 3.5 at the most. AXIS isn't off to a really strong start, but it has no flaws that cannot be fixed in later issues. The success or failure of this event hinges on its ability to deal with those issues in a compelling way.
    It's also the second part of a story that is nine parts long (not including all of the supplementary material).

For the most part, reviews of single issues, especially by long game writers like Remender, are useless.

If anything, it should be reviewed as a second chapter of a longer story. But, oh that's right, that would be pretty stupid.

Great CBR, no white-washing this time, just brutal honesty!
    keep it up like that!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    why did CBRNEWS post this in the x-men forum and not the avenger forum?
    Someone should repost it over there.