Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Well, the Avengers have nut job supreme, its only fair if the X-Men get a nut job supreme.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    So Summers just up and try and recruit Malloy, offers him breakfast and daydream already about his new plan for the future of mutantkind with him...while the corpses of all the victims are still hot and scattered all around them.
    To the man who actually killed them.
    And was shown toying with them moments earlier "for practice"...

Distasteful is not even cuting it at this point.
    I Wonder if the man would be so casual about all this blood if it wasn't sapien blood but mutant blood that had been spilled/vaporized.

At least Malloy seems to be a balanced individual despite his trauma, it's positive.
    Well let's look at this scenario. Assuming that they would prefer not to try, emphasis on try, to kill Malloy (which personally is what I think they should have done) what were the options? You have a target that cannot be psychically contained and as far as we know can't be physically contained either, even if he can be they don't currently have the means to do so and they can't wait for someone to come up with something. So what are you left with? Your options seem to be to either attempt sending him somewhere far away where, once again, he would not die or you can try to talk him down. So where in the MU could they send him without causing mass destruction or the death of him or others, even the Savage Land and Tabula Rasa are at risk of being devastated if you unleash him there so they aren't options and I can't think of anywhere else of the top of my head although I’ll admit that in the thousands of comics that Marvel as a whole has published there is probably somewhere that fits the criteria but I can’t speak for that. It would seem that your only option then would be to talk him down and antagonizing him by say treating him like a criminal wouldn't exactly help. So unless I am missing something, and I acknowledge the possibility, going to him calmly and trying to talk him either into a prison or a school where he can be both monitored to try and figure out a weakness and trained so that no further deaths happen is not only the best logical option but the only logical option. Even further of the two schools which has both the least potential casualties and the most experienced teacher of the bunch? That would be the NXS. It may not be in good taste but there isn't time to worry about PR right now with so much at stake Scott Summers, by calmly talking to Malloy man to man took the best possible option that didn't risk any further death but his own. What a monster

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Well, the Avengers have nut job supreme, its only fair if the X-Men get a nut job supreme.
    Heck, with Wolverine dying, it's definitely a niche they need filled.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I'm not sure what the problem is here. They've seen how the direct approach works. They've seen how he responds to a psychic attack. The only one who could get through to him is dead, and there aren't any psychics that powerful around anymore. Cyclops knows that there's more important things at hand than getting the humans to like him.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Please understand this is not a rachel versus storm debate because as Storm said she couldn't stop her if she tried.

With that Rachel herself said what occurred was her fault and that she pushed too hard. Again its a rookie mistake and I dont think anyone blames her. She is not used to making tough decisions and it can be overwhelming when put in such a situation as was indicated when she conceded defeat to magik. Its not a storm versus rachel thing its just fact. Scott's approach worked, Storm's suggestion to talk to him calmly with reason would have been much better as evident by what resulted from Scott's interaction.
    I think you have a good points. I thought today's issue was enjoyable and was impressed with Bendis's characterization throughout the issue. It was also kind of nice to see Storm and Cyclops, the most seasoned and accomplished leaders of the X-Men, being on the same page and making the right the decision to resolve the confrontation without losing more lives or incurring huge collateral damage.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I'm not fine with Starbrand and Ex Nihilo being Avengers either, so making that argument of bias against me just have me smile.
    Irrelevant.

At the very least not act as if those people weren't just killed by Malloy, even if it was by accident ?
    Did you read this last page ?
    Cyclops acts like absolutely nothing bad happened, as if no one died because of Malloy, as if conséquences were...inconsequential.

That's beyond cold, even by Cyke' standards.

The whole state was evacuated, that means millions of people displaced away from their homes right ? And innocent people died right there, with the bodies right next to him and being manipulated "for practice" by Malloy moments earlier...
    "You are just having a very unsettling day", "I think you are a one-of-a-kind blessing"...what the hell??
    And Summers tells all this in front of SHIELD command, chances are now they think he disregards sapien lives if it suits his revolution... He doesn't even reffer himself as a human anymore in his speech...
    Plain terrible.

Doesn't Malloy qualifies for manslaughter ?
    If Hill comes back to her sense, she has every right to have him face the justice system.
    Otherwise, Malloy is welcome to go somewhere else, she just gave him her benediction.
    Either are options, miles better than Scott using him for his revolution.

edit: Funny how various smokescreens are being set-up, as if drawing attention on other characters would help paint the scene in a new, less terrible light...
    Well, such antics are fun but it doesn't change what's on the page, does it ?
    That's bad.
    I said it in the preview, and I say it again now: if Malloy does join Summers in his revolution, and words got out on his involvement here, I don't see how it won't.cripple the credibility of Summers' movement in the public's eyes.
    This post, This People is why many, including myself are comfortable claiming you just hate Cyclops. Since he started his “revolution” he has done absolutely nothing every other hero or hero team hasn’t done thousands of times. At no point ever has he shown any hint of mutant supremacy, he has on countless occasions risked his own life and the lives of his friends family and teammates to save ordinary men yet somehow even when he uses nonviolence to potentially end a dangerous situation you try and paint him as a scheming villain.

Here, in spite of his perhaps overblown Xavier angst, all he has done was talk down a dangerous threat, without hurting or killing anyone. And you’re off to the races as if its some Machiavellian plot. Everything up to this point has shown that Malloy was not in control of his powers, a point raised by Cyclops on panel. Now if next issue or sme issue down the line, Bendis has Cyclops use Malloy in some nefarious scheme then you’d have a point but this, let me buy you breakfast and talk? Sorry People, but you really don’t have a viable argument and it just comes across as character hate.

You seem to forget in quite a few of your posts that this is a comic it does not operate by real world rules. It has its own rules, its own legal customs one of which espoused by everyone is that people like Phoenix-Cyclops or Malloy are not legally responsible for their actions. You may not like that but thats your personal opinion and its pretty much out of touch in a world where people go out wearing pajamas and punch out criminals, something that is also illegal in the real world. The sad and kind of funny thing is if we applied real world laws and rules (at least American laws, cant speak to those elsewhere) then Summers and Malloy would probably never even get charged with a crime and would never actually be found guilty while people like Spiderman would be arrested for vigilantism, assault and battery. (To be fair Cyclops would be guilty of that as well, just like pretty much every other hero in Marvel)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STORM1977 View Post
    I think you have a good points. I thought today's issue was enjoyable and was impressed with Bendis's characterization throughout the issue. It was also kind of nice to see Storm and Cyclops, the most seasoned and accomplished leaders of the X-Men, being on the same page and making the right the decision to resolve the confrontation without losing more lives or incurring huge collateral damage.
    Exactly, I totally agree. Im not currently a cyclops fan (I once was) but it was really good seeing these two (especially in bendis' title) working together and being on the same page.

Exactly, I totally agree. Im not currently a cyclops fan (I once was) but it was really good seeing these two (especially in bendis' title) working together and being on the same page.
    FINALLY we get back storm instead of trollroro
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

I reacted to that last page in a way a comic book has NEVER made me react before!!!!!!!!!!11!! I literally threw my hands on my head and made some kind of sound that I think is similar to when little girls see their favorite pop idol.

I don't really know where Cyke is going with this. It could be some kind of ruse. Regardless, that was so awesome.

Plus, one of the best comic covers in recent memory, amirite?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Please understand this is not a rachel versus storm debate because as Storm said she couldn't stop her if she tried.

With that Rachel herself said what occurred was her fault and that she pushed too hard. Again its a rookie mistake and I dont think anyone blames her. She is not used to making tough decisions and it can be overwhelming when put in such a situation as was indicated when she conceded defeat to magik. Its not a storm versus rachel thing its just fact. Scott's approach worked, Storm's suggestion to talk to him calmly with reason would have been much better as evident by what resulted from Scott's interaction.
    Do we REALLY need to bring out the scan where Rachel humbles Storm and Storm quietly gives a silent vote for Rachel to lead the team and than the scans of Rachel leading the team in the Shi'ar arc and how Psylocke and Monet both chose Rachel over Storm for leadership?

And once again, Rachel isn't a rookie and she is far more powerful than Storm could ever hope to be, and Rachel hasn't even reached her potential while Storm has reached hers years ago, and has proven that she has great potential as a leader hence why Storm stepped aside when Rachel stepped up. Saying she's a rookie, when she isn't, doesn't change these facts. Did you not read any of Rachel's time in space? She literally took over the team's leadership when Havok was captured.

Furthermore, Rachel doing what she did gave Cyclops more information, so he knew more about MM and his thought process, and and opening to enact a plan to deal with MM himself. If they did Storm's plan at the start than they would be dead as they knew nothing about MM and he was in his own little world until Rachel made contact. Like how MM killed the last team that went in without any information.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 10-15-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Do we REALLY need to bring out the scan where Rachel humbles Storm and Storm quietly gives a silent vote for Rachel to lead the team and than the scans of Rachel leading the team in the Shi'ar arc and how Psylocke and Monet both chose Rachel over Storm for leadership?

And once again, Rachel isn't a rookie and she is far more powerful than Storm could ever hope to be, and Rachel hasn't even reached her potential while Storm has reached hers years ago, and has proven that she has great potential as a leader hence why Storm stepped aside when Rachel stepped up. Saying she's a rookie, when she isn't, doesn't change these facts.

Furthermore, Rachel doing what she did gave Cyclops more information, so he knew more about MM and his thought process, and and opening to enact a plan to deal with MM himself. If they did Storm's plan at the start they would be dead as they knew nothing about MM and he was in his own little world until Rachel made contact. Like how MM killed the last team that went in without any information.

1.) No we don't as most of what you BELIEVED to happen didnt happen. Storm is still the leader of the all female team.

2.) Rachel being powerful or not has nothing to do with her making power tactical decisions. She on panel admitted to this mistake. Its not my head canon but 616. Storm is classified as a potential omega mutant which implies her full potetial has not been met. In terms of being a leader she has more expericence so in terms of leading the xmen she is a rookie. However since you continue to want to make this a storm versus rachel thing, Storm called her out and Rachel bowed down as a subordinate should:

3.) Where and how did Rachel doing that give Cyclops more info. Rachel was the only one privy to the approach she was making. All the others were aware of was what she was saying in response to Matt. She didnt project to the other members what she was doing. Scott/Storm being the more seasoned leaders had the right idea. Rachel didnt. Its simple as that.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-15-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post

And once again, Rachel isn't a rookie and she is far more powerful than Storm could ever hope to be, and Rachel hasn't even reached her potential while Storm has reached hers years ago, and has proven that she has great potential as a leader hence why Storm stepped aside when Rachel stepped up. Saying she's a rookie, when she isn't, doesn't change these facts. Did you not read any of Rachel's time in space? She literally took over the team's leadership when Havok was captured.

Furthermore, Rachel doing what she did gave Cyclops more information, so he knew more about MM and his thought process, and and opening to enact a plan to deal with MM himself. If they did Storm's plan at the start than they would be dead as they knew nothing about MM and he was in his own little world until Rachel made contact. Like how MM killed the last team that went in without any information.
    No, there's no need to derail the thread because you are upset with canon. You already got schooled in the other thread with those scans and were easily proven wrong.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    No, there's no need to derail the thread because you are upset with canon. You already got schooled in the other thread with those scans and were easily proven wrong.
    Boom and check!

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    Last edited by Rosa Snarks; 10-15-2014 at 07:51 PM.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

1.) No we don't as most of what you BELIEVED to happen didnt happen. Storm is still the leader of the all female team.

2.) Rachel being powerful or not has nothing to do with her making power tactical decisions. She on panel admitted to this mistake. Its not my head canon but 616. Since you however continue to want to make this a storm versus rachel thing, Storm called her out and Rachel bowed down as a subordinate should:

3.) Where and how did Rachel doing that give Cyclops more info. Rachel was the only one privy to the approach she was making. All the others were aware of was what she was saying. Scott/Storm being the more seasoned leaders had the right idea. Rachel didnt. Its simple as that.
    That occured BEFORE Rachel humbled her. Do you even read the X-Men series? That issue is old, Rachel humbled Storm later on in Bloodlines and Storm let Rachel lead in the final Arkea stuff and has Rachel leading the team entirely by the Shi'ar arc.

Storm isn't and that scan you provided is where Storm was confronted over being wrong about Omega Sentinel while Rachel was right. Storm also said Leadership, during Bloodlines which is AFTER this as Storm realized she didn't have the right to force herself as leader thus Rachel was right in wanting a vote, is decided by silent vote. Rachel proved herself and Storm stepped aside with Psylocke and Monet choosing to follow Rachel into the unknown than to stick around with Storm at the station.

It really does as her TP does help in contribution to leadership. Not to mention that Rachel has been on multiple teams, has a much harder life than nearly anyone in 616 thus she knows how to survive and keep others alive, and took over the team in space when Havok was captured in the Emperor Vulcan stuff which infuriated Vulcan to no end as she constantly outsmarted his vast empire at every turn despite him sending his best and many experienced leaders after her.

Please read the issue again. Rachel established TP contact and got MM talking, Cyclops figured out MM's persona, his views, and found out that he and MM have a LOT in common and that there's ground for talks due to Rachel making contact. Rachel also was able to reveal that MM doesn't intentionally killed. MM also read Rachel's mind and learned that the X-Men weren't hounding him for vile reasons hence why he chose not to kill them.

Storm and Cyclops had an idea that was DOOMED TO FAIL without the information Rachel provided as Maria Hill TRIED their idea already and it FAILED. Even than Storm's wouldn't have worked, Cyclops only was able to make it work because he's the only one who could approach MM and he has no problems dying for the Mutant cause.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 10-15-2014 at 07:58 PM.