Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I can go with that.
    You can ask Sinister about the last point. Make sure not to get a Creed clone, though XD
    What you have something against strong, burly women who are punching boulders as a morning exercise and eat bears for dinner?
    Man you are picky XD
    "This is me being reasonable"

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    What you have something against strong, burly women who are punching boulders as a morning exercise and eat bears for dinner?
    Man you are picky XD
    Future Molly Hayes is gone now ;-; Don't you rub it in
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Not killing the guy and letting Scott adopt him are two different things.

Don't forget, Storm lives with Wolverine, Beast and Iceman. If Scott goes through with it, she's the one who'll have to endure the whinefest at the JGS.
    Poor Storm - you make a good point. Cyke really needs to send her a note saying 'Am brunching with Matthew in the hope of averting otherwise inevitable bloodbath - please accept these state of the art discreetwear headphones with my compliments to help you through the inevitable JGS ear-bending'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Future Molly Hayes is gone now ;-; Don't you rub it in
    She will probably be back soon. She can't withstand the attraction of a big and long salami. She needs proteins XD
    Last edited by Galerion; 10-15-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Loved the issue.

I found everybody in character. Different plans but at least this time, there were solid points to back them up. Nobody looked incompetent to me. No Iceman was also a plus.

9 out of 10

Quote Originally Posted by hqt4991 View Post
    Since anthony_lynch15 is busy, I might as well do it.
    LOL, thanks for taking on the burden.

- It starts with the preview. The X-Men were on the SHIELD helicarrier, trying to come up with a plan to control Matthew. Cyclops and Storm suggested talking to him. Wolverine prefered killing him. Cyke and Wolvie bickered. Old news.
    - Rachel decided that they were too gentle and a sterner approach was needed. It ended badly.
    - Matthew punched through Rachel's illusion, crashed the helicarrier and teleported Cyke, Storm and Rachel to their respective homes. Wolvie was MIA.
    - Illyana met Scott at the NXS. She proposed taking him back to the JGS, where everyone was coming up with a plan B. However, Scott had other ideas. The Stepford Cuckoos thought his plan was crazy.
    - Back at ground zero, Maria Hill ordered not to engage Matthew. She then asked Matthew to leave the planet.
    - Scott and Illyana arrived. Scott drew similarities between himself and Matthew. Then he told Matthew that Xavier was wrong about him, and that he was an one-of-a-kind blessing.
    - Scott invited Matthew for breakfast and to discuss working together. He accepted.
    Great ending.
    Really excited for the next issue.

I just noticed that I like Bachalo a lot more when he doesn't color his own work. Not that I don't already like him.
    Yeah, the arts pretty great in this time.
    A few more issues like this and Bachalo could make a fan out of me again.

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    I always figured they were for his sewing kit in case of costume emergencies.
    Just admit your were so distracted by Cyclops in spandex that you didn't notice the pouches.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    whats up with putting arr before hate now? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeseeker View Post
    I can't help but feel that Cyclops is doing the exact same thing he did in AvX - there is a mutant who's just come into reality-altering, Omega-level powers that nobody is even sure can even be controlled, and instead of trying to contain that power, Cyclops sees it as something that could be a shining light of hope for the mutant race and is looking to recruit and/or control it.
    Don't get me wrong, though, I love Cyclops and his eternal fount of pure audacity.
    To be fair containing it wasn't really working. So time for a change of tactics.
    Although the stuff Scott says on that last page do give slight cause for concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeficent View Post
    ehem
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    One thing I did find interesting. At the end where Cyke introduces himself to Matthew, and mentions that the humans call him, Cyclops.

Anyways a small nitpick on the art. Annoys me that on some pages Matthew looks like he is mid 30s and on the last page he looks like he is in his early 20s.
    Think that the change of appearance might have been to show that he wasn't going crazy anymore.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    .... so it's no like your All-goddess is always right.

Also?

I wanna have breakfast with Scott.
    Last edited by Fokken; 10-15-2014 at 11:26 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Unless it was from a previous issue. In this issue it was that Cyclops that wanted to talk, and Storm only said not to killing him that Logan mentioned.
    Storm literally stated in the issue to talk to him, Rachel disagreed. The CBR preview shows it.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Also?

I wanna have breakfast with Scott.
    Take a ticket, I'd be cooking the damn breakfast if it meant talking to The One that was Right. XD
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    Actually no. It was only after Rachel tried to manipulate him that he stopped being unstable and started really thinking about his powers. Speaking before when he was still practicing with his powers would probably not be the best idea.
    And about the all female book, Storm wanted to kill Omega Sentinel and Rachel stopped her so it's no like your All-goddess is always right.

Her approach to attack him was just wrong and it could have resulted in some of their deaths. The right apporach as storm said would have been to try to talk first and then if that didnt work maybe go with a more stern approach. Her offensive tactic just wasnt smart here. Additionaly they could have spoke to him remotely without being in his presence ie with a speaker device or perhaps a telepath. The fact they didnt try was the problem.

Now on to your last comment that was wrong too. Storm never admitted to guilt here. She did what she felt was right and she assessed all angles and felt taking Omega out was the best approach.

When it comes to power and leadership Rachel is outclassed.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-15-2014 at 11:38 AM.

oh lord can we NOT have another storm free for all slugfest? lol
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Unrelated: Does anyone know who "The Goddess" is? Who is this Deity she's always talking about? Has that ever been explained?

Thanks gang

Unrelated: Does anyone know who "The Goddess" is? Who is this Deity she's always talking about? Has that ever been explained?

Thanks gang
    Oshtur. The source of her family's magic I believe.

she either looks like that or she looks like storm herself.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    Oshtur. The source of her family's magic I believe.
    Oshtur aka Maat, goddess of truth sister of Gaea- one of the Vishanti.

o

Ultimate Member

Thanks gang
    That would be Storm. She was once worshipped as a goddess by some villagers in Kenya. And her powers would certainly qualify as being "god-like."