Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Illyana's hair is voluminous gold in those panels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Ok so thats a no lol ok..

Whoops didnt see scan thnk u boo
    Found it.

o
    Last edited by Omegastorm; 10-15-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    perfect gif xd
    Thnks boo I thought it was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Found it.

o
    Awww thanks love! !!

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    Cyke actually offers to buy Matthew breakfast. Anyone else wonder where Cyke could possibly be keeping a wallet in that skintight get-up he's wearing?
    I came here to discuss x-men, why'd you have to go and get me all hot and bothered like that?

Brb.......

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    Definitely the best issue of the arc so far. For some reason it seemed a lot easier to see the greatness in Bachalo's art this time around; maybe the coloring had something to do with it, I don't know.

I think I'm starting to see a theme developing, between this and ANXM: the value of self-determination in the face of what the consensus says is the "greater good". In ANXM, the 05 "should" go back to preserve the timeline that the current X-Men value, but Bendis is highlighting that there's a significant difference between sacrificing yourself for the greater good and telling someone else they need to sacrifice themselves. Meanwhile, in UXM, the safe/logical choice would have been to reinstall Matthew's mental blocks (in the best-case scenario) or take him down (in the worst-case scenario); but instead, despite the risks, Scott decides to offer him a chance to make his own fate (and is likely going to be villified in-universe for it). My satisfaction level with these books has been on-and-off, but I am a sucker for running themes...
    Same here.

I'm glad someone else enjoys it for more than the literal actions that unfold on panel.

Were Nightcrawler or Kitty in it at all?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Eh, this makes Rachel look bad even though her plan really was the best. It seems too easy that for Cyke to walk in and get MM to serve in the Revolution and now Cyke has a Beyond Omega character whose more powerful than practically everyone in 616 save a few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    Actually no. It was only after Rachel tried to manipulate him that he stopped being unstable and started really thinking about his powers. Speaking before when he was still practicing with his powers would probably not be the best idea.
    And about the all female book, Storm wanted to kill Omega Sentinel and Rachel stopped her so it's no like your All-goddess is always right.
    So, Rachel was half-right and she did, like I predicted, make an opening for a solution which Cyclops took up.

MM seemed crazy at the start, so if they did Cyke's approach first it may have ended badly.

That's true, Rachel didn't want to kill Omega Sentinel and it was proven later that Arkea would have survived either way as Arkea survived Omega Sentinel's suicide attempt. Sublime also gave them a solution that didn't involve killing an unwilling host of Arkea's to kill Arkea.

So Storm was basically right when she said they should just talk to him and Rachel and Beast were wrong.

This is the reason Storm is the leader of the all female team and Rachel is one of the foot soldiers. Hopefully she learned something from the All-goddess.
    Storm didn't even argue her case, she stepped aside rather easily when Maria, Storm, and Rachel didn't agree. Besides, Storm already knows Rachel has far more potential to be one of the greatest leaders, among the other greats, in the X-Franchise hence why Storm, based off her own silent vote, follows Rachel, the main character, in X-Men and why everyone is giving Rachel the chance to succeed and fail as a leader so that she can grow, learn, and become better.

Storm isn't a Goddess, she's mortal. I also don't think the All-Mother would want Storm using "All" since that's her thing.

Her approach to attack him was just wrong and it could have resulted in some of their deaths. The right apporach as storm said would have been to try to talk first and then if that didnt work maybe go with a more stern approach. Her offensive tactic just wasnt smart here. Additionaly they could have spoke to him remotely without being in his presence ie with a speaker device or perhaps a telepath. The fact they didnt try was the problem.

Now on to your last comment that was wrong too. Storm never admitted to guilt here. She did what she felt was right and she assessed all angles and felt taking Omega out was the best approach.

When it comes to power and leadership Rachel is outclassed.
    What's with you starting these things up again? Rachel already proved to be far more powerful than Storm and Storm knows it and later in X-Men Rachel easily subdued Storm when Storm was enraged and going all out with all her might.

Of course Rachel is outclassed in leadership. Storm has been leading a lot longer, that doesn't change the fact that Storm was wrong about the choice to kill Omega Sentinel while Rachel ended up being right. Not to mention that Rachel is growing very fast as a leader and Storm has, based off her own silent vote, given leadership over to Rachel with Rachel calling the shots and making the plans currently while Storm and the rest of the team follows Rachel's lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Who was the guy who constantly said that she would die?
    I found it funny since Sardorim responded every time with a wall of text when that happened.
    Well, I'm passionate and it made no logical sense for Bendis to kill Rachel when she's being used in other books/issues and planned for other books/issues in the future.

I didn't buy the coma or her getting seriously hurt either as that would give writers like RR a weak excuse not to use her in RR instead of the truth being that they didn't want to use her in a story she would be front in center in. Tean and Rachel aren't the same character, other writers need to understand that they're nothing alike and don't even have much in common other than some similar powers, red hair, and some DNA.

Bendis at the very least does seem to have taken note that other writers are making Rachel more confident as a leader and her wanting to take charge of things. A pity he had her fail but she can always learn from it and I'm sure MM wont have hard feelings about it if he meets Rachel and co. face to face.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 10-15-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Were Nightcrawler or Kitty in it at all?
    I know that Kitty is in panel with Magik and Rachel (finally!) but not sure about Nightcrawler
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    I know that Kitty is in panel with Magik and Rachel (finally!) but not sure about Nightcrawler
    Kitty was indeed there, she didn't really say anything though. Magik and Rachel at least got to chat and Magik was right that Rachel only did what she was sent to do and no one blamed Rachel.

Rachel did seem very concerned about Storm and I forgot that TP users can easily wake others out of comas.

BANNED

Man goes on a power trip, kills humans and Cyclops wants to take him to breakfast? Figures.
    BFFs in the making. They can bond over how Xavier lied to them, cry and hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Kitty was indeed there, she didn't really say anything though. Magik and Rachel at least got to chat and Magik was right that Rachel only did what she was sent to do and no one blamed Rachel.

Rachel did seem very concerned about Storm and I forgot that TP users can easily wake others out of comas.
    Thanks for the breakdown!
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

I wonder how they will they will kill or get rid of Matthew later? It's obviously a guy that can't be kept around.

Otherwise they might as well call him Franklin Richards

"This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

So, Cyke has now a God-level being on his side? I approve this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    When everyone else is shown to be acting a Idiot anfd using Xavier as a g morl guide, of course Cyke will come out ahead.

Cyke did something that xaivers sucked at, he was honest, everyone else tried Xavier's sleazy BS
    Thats kinda my point. Their are plenty of sane level headed X-men but they all go brain dead the minute Cyclops is around. Heaven forbid we have one comic post schism where Cyclops is in the wrong. It's just insulting and unrealistic.

At this point thanks to the higher ups if Cyke's plan was to cut the kids head off and put on a pole he would do it and it would end with all nations declaring world peace and melting all weapons.

THE GOOD
    >Cyclops realizes that Xavier's way [with Matthew] was wrong. Wow. That's pretty powerful stuff. Talking to Matthew man to man without trying to limit him actually worked.
    >I am surprised how much I enjoyed the art this issue. The gaggle of inkers and the wonderful colour artistry of Jose Villarrubia and Rain Beredo worked literal miracles. Please, sirs, can I have some more?! Look at that light! Look at it! Beautiful!
    mm1.jpg
    >Illyana's sword looks awesome like this! Keep it up, Bachalo!
    mm3 magik.jpg
    >Cyclops jumped/twisted/contorted to Storm's rescue! Good stuff there, f#ckbuddy Wolverine.
    mm2 cycstorm.jpg
    >SHIELD personal force fields. Sweet. Must somehow be reverse-engineered Goldballs technology. *chuckle*
    >I was genuinely terrified to turn the page after Rachel's, "Uh-oh." Was Bendis going to neck snap her, too?! You got me good that time.
    >Matthew was considerate enough to put the injured Storm in bed. Nice guy. He also simply turned his back on Maria Hill after her ridiculous order rather than truly kill in cold blood. He may have heart and potential yet... for Scott to convince him to kill himself later on, perhaps.

THE BAD
    >"I must ask you to vacate this planet immediately." Oh, Maria Hill! Evacuate a state, leave Earth... I wish you and SHIELD would be removed from my X-Books.

THE UGLY
    >Bendis spoilered the ending of his own bloody story. There's another chapter, so I suppose this could all remain a bait and switch that Bendis is deftly playing up. We'll see.

THE VERDICT
    >I really enjoyed the issue. It's easily the best one in a very long time, if not the best issue of the series so far. It's a shining example of what Bendis and Bachalo [and friends] can do accomplish when they're in top form.
    Last edited by nx01a; 10-15-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'