Page 708 of 885 FirstFirst ... 208608658698704705706707708709710711712718758808 ... LastLast
Results 10,606 to 10,620 of 13267
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm like 10 issues behind in my reading (all titles, not just GL ones), but when was the last time Carol was seen? GL: New Guardians?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm like 10 issues behind in my reading (all titles, not just GL ones), but when was the last time Carol was seen? GL: New Guardians?
    She had a cameo in a dream sequence and Hal looking wistfully at her in...I want to say issue #31? But that was about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Technically.... was it that cameo in Green Lanterns? Or that double page spread in #14 or so that was supposed to be a foreshadowing? She was seen a few issues ago, like #32ish, but it wasn't really her. It was in Hal's mind. We saw her through a window though. Truly the comic book event of the year...

How's that for a non-answer? Sorry. Someone else on here can explain it better. But if your question is, when was the last time Carol had a meaningful role in a story then the answer would be the last issue Geoff Johns wrote.
    Save Ferris...

I rewatched a few episodes of GLTAS recently. Right away I could spot like a dozen things that show did better than what's being done in the comics now. But something sort of occurred to me that's been an oddity since the silver age. I think it's one of those things that was a reality in the 1960s and just carried forward... So a lot of times Hal, and other GLs, are called into space. They leave their personal lives back on their home worlds and disappear for years at a time making it so impossibly unbearable for both the GL and their loved ones.

Why is that still a thing? There's that transluminal light and zipping around the cosmos and super advanced tech... yet no one has the ability to facetime? Whenever there's someone from space talking to Earth, it's treated like a big deal. In reality, this should be a normal thing. Hal and Carol should be holophoning each other every night. This isn't the 1960s where people used ink and paper. And the GLs aren't in the ass end of the universe. John can call Hal on his ring, have a back and forth conversation, and drag him away from Carol for the bajillionth time... but Hal can't call her to say what's up?

Anyway, if recent issues have taught us anything, it's that the only way to solve any problem in the universe is to have 4 dudes fire their rings in the same direction.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    I rewatched a few episodes of GLTAS recently. Right away I could spot like a dozen things that show did better than what's being done in the comics now. But something sort of occurred to me that's been an oddity since the silver age. I think it's one of those things that was a reality in the 1960s and just carried forward... So a lot of times Hal, and other GLs, are called into space. They leave their personal lives back on their home worlds and disappear for years at a time making it so impossibly unbearable for both the GL and their loved ones.

Why is that still a thing? There's that transluminal light and zipping around the cosmos and super advanced tech... yet no one has the ability to facetime? Whenever there's someone from space talking to Earth, it's treated like a big deal. In reality, this should be a normal thing. Hal and Carol should be holophoning each other every night. This isn't the 1960s where people used ink and paper. And the GLs aren't in the ass end of the universe. John can call Hal on his ring, have a back and forth conversation, and drag him away from Carol for the bajillionth time... but Hal can't call her to say what's up?

Anyway, if recent issues have taught us anything, it's that the only way to solve any problem in the universe is to have 4 dudes fire their rings in the same direction.
    Hal could actually call Carol with his ring, but the one time he did it was in the season 2 premier where they basically put the kibbosh on their relationship because he was too busy being Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hal could actually call Carol with his ring, but the one time he did it was in the season 2 premier where they basically put the kibbosh on their relationship because he was too busy being Green Lantern.
    I haven't gotten to season 2 yet I was just thinking even in the comics that technology is so advanced for everything except for telephones. There's always that sense, especially now in the current run, that the GLs being physically so far from Earth means they have to have zero connection to Earth. It seems silly because any one of them should be able to call home at any time.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    robert venditti should see this. might help influence his future stories.

I haven't gotten to season 2 yet I was just thinking even in the comics that technology is so advanced for everything except for telephones. There's always that sense, especially now in the current run, that the GLs being physically so far from Earth means they have to have zero connection to Earth. It seems silly because any one of them should be able to call home at any time.
    Oops! Apologies for the spoiler .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    As a couple, do they spend more time in bliss, or estranged?

Looking at stuff from the silver age & bronze age, writers did their best to keep them apart.
    and is still happening today.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    and is still happening today.
    Much like the archaic logic behind communications, this too is a relic of a past when these stories were first written. In my opinion, desperately needs updating.
    Save Ferris...

Extraordinary Member

What I don't understand is this: like cops, GL duty should work in shifts.

Hal should not be on duty for every adventure when you have 5 other GL's from 2814.

Even the Legion charter had a by-line where members had to take time off.

I think that happened when Sunboy went a little bonkers in space.

Hal should be able to take a couple issues off, and visit friends & family on Earth.

I see the in-story reason why John stays on duty, but I see none for Hal and Guy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I approve this image.

On a personal note.....

I'd be mad, too, if some fascist, disgraced dirty space cop, killed my would-be successor's mom with a sentient virus, getting high off his own supply while masquerading as his own father, used a yellow fear monster to ruin my hard-earned street cred & overall reputation, wannabe cosmic Rick James with a Hitler haircut barged in on me with my #1 gal-pal.

Yeah....repeat this line while in front of mirror....without breaking character.

Also, don't cheat by mimicking William Shatner.....

This was an awesome page.

And an honorary mention of our Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I approve this image.

On a personal note.....

I'd be mad, too, if some fascist, disgraced dirty space cop, killed my would-be successor's mom with a sentient virus, getting high off his own supply while masquerading as his own father, used a yellow fear monster to ruin my hard-earned street cred & overall reputation, wannabe cosmic Rick James with a Hitler haircut barged in on me with my #1 gal-pal.

Yeah....repeat this line while in front of mirror....without breaking character.

Also, don't cheat by mimicking William Shatner.....
    Yet nobody seems to be mad at this fucking guy anymore. Go figure.