Page 802 of 885 FirstFirst ... 302702752792798799800801802803804805806812852 ... LastLast
Results 12,016 to 12,030 of 13267
    Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

July Solicitations

HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #48
    written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    art by RAFA SANDOVAL and JORDI TARRAGONA
    cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    variant cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
    The Green Lanterns fight alongside the Guardians of the Universe! The murderous Darkstars arrive en masse at Mogo to wipe out the Corps for good, so it's all hands on deck to save the GL headquarters. Meanwhile, Green Lanterns Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner & Kyle Rayner make their respective battle plans, but time's running out for a miracle. Can we move Daylight Savings to July to get that extra hour? Our boys and girls in green are gonna need it.

HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #49
    cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    Allied with evil! With all hope failing, the desperate Green Lantern Corps must ally itself with the monstrous Hector Hammond against the unstoppable might of the Darkstars. It's a suicide mission straight to the homeworld of the Controllers', the puppet masters pulling the Darkstars' strings. Who will survive? Get your rings charged to 100 percent for the penultimate chapter of "Darkstars Rising"!
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    July Solicitations

HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #48
    cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    The Green Lanterns fight alongside the Guardians of the Universe! The murderous Darkstars arrive en masse at Mogo to wipe out the Corps for good, so it's all hands on deck to save the GL headquarters. Meanwhile, Green Lanterns Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner & Kyle Rayner make their respective battle plans, but time's running out for a miracle. Can we move Daylight Savings to July to get that extra hour? Our boys and girls in green are gonna need it.

HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #49
    cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    Allied with evil! With all hope failing, the desperate Green Lantern Corps must ally itself with the monstrous Hector Hammond against the unstoppable might of the Darkstars. It's a suicide mission straight to the homeworld of the Controllers', the puppet masters pulling the Darkstars' strings. Who will survive? Get your rings charged to 100 percent for the penultimate chapter of "Darkstars Rising"!
    Nice.

Looks like Venditti is throwing in everything but the kitchen sink in for his last hurrah.

I see the Darkstars, Hector Hammond, Orion for the NG, Arkillo for the Sinestro corps and even Zod.

I'm not a huge fan of this cover. Doug was either in a hurry or he has a lousy colorist who thinks Jordan has white boots and Stewart has white gloves. And apparently unless she makes a cameo in #50, we won't get to see Carol after all.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

So, it appears that Dan Jurgens is taking over Green Lanterns. Not sure if he's just doing a fill-in run or if this is a long-term thing. I don't think he's the promised big name that's taking over the GL franchise. He's a perfectly competent writer, but I don't think anyone would expect him to get fans excited.

Grant Morrison still seems like the most likely choice to me, although it's possible Hickman has been lured over from Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Grant Morrison still seems like the most likely choice to me, although it's possible Hickman has been lured over from Marvel.
    Deniz implied it'll at least be someone on Morrison/Hickman's level.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    So, it appears that Dan Jurgens is taking over Green Lanterns. Not sure if he's just doing a fill-in run or if this is a long-term thing. I don't think he's the promised big name that's taking over the GL franchise. He's a perfectly competent writer, but I don't think anyone would expect him to get fans excited.

Jurgens would be a MASSIVE disappointment after names like Hickman, Morrison and King have been floated around.

I think it's pretty clear Jurgens is just a fill-in on Green Lanterns and that the title is heading to some kind of conclusion like the other GL book is.

I don't see DC plopping the new main GL writer on the last few issues of Green Lanterns.

Astonishing Member

I personally didn't think Green Lanterns would exist as currently constructed after issue say 52.

I actually love Jurgens so I'm conflicted. Would want to pick up GLS because I love Jurgens writing but I can't stand Baz. Jessica is ok though.

But I agree with everyone. Jurgens is probably a fill in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Nice.

Looks like Venditti is throwing in everything but the kitchen sink in for his last hurrah.

I see the Darkstars, Hector Hammond, Orion for the NG, Arkillo for the Sinestro corps and even Zod.
    Wild speculation could Par(Hal)lax be in control of the Darkstars since it didn't appear that the Controllers were running things? He could face the combined might of the GLC, Zod, Arkillo and Orion.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 04-16-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Wild speculation could Par(Hal)lax be in control of the Darkstars since it didn't appear that the Controllersame were running things?
    Didn't even think of that. Totally forgot about Hallax. But that would be a cool plot twist.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I actually love Jurgens so I'm conflicted. Would want to pick up GLS because I love Jurgens writing but I can't stand Baz. Jessica is ok though.

But I agree with everyone. Jurgens is probably a fill in.
    Oh and I totally missed that Mike Perkins was on art. I love his art on Iron Fist. Guess this is his DC debut.

Now I may actually pick this up just for Jurgens and Perkins despite Baz in this.

Incredible Member

Maybe Tomasi will be back? Since Superman and Action Comics will both be taken by Bendis.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of this cover. Doug was either in a hurry or he has a lousy colorist who thinks Jordan has white boots and Stewart has white gloves...
    Agreed: this is far from Mahnke's best, and the colors are totally flat (not to mention incorrect).

I did, however, really like the first chapter of the Darkstars arc. That's some good long-game planning on Venditti's part. Kudos.

As for who's taking over after he leaves, I'm still rooting for Hickman, and Jurgens on Green Lanterns seems like a placeholder until they either end that book or they figure out what they wanna do with it in the long term.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."