Page 391 of 885 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 13267
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    i like the idea of Hal and Captain Atom in the same team. Both are uber powerful, and former air force pilots.
    Hal would punch out a commanding officer while Nathaniel would comply.

That would be a better rivalry over Bats/Hal.

Given their insane power levels, I would duck for cover when they got tired of bickering, but refused to walk away.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    I think he just doesn't like the job. Hal may be a lot of things but leadership is definitely not one of them. Suppose our GLs are parts of a basketball team...Hal would be the ace who also plays as the power-forward whose job is to carry the team to victory. He's not a leader in the traditional sense, but people look to him in time of crisis. Using that same sport analogy, John of course would be the captain, and maybe the point-guard whose level-headedness helps keep our boys in line. Kyle would be the shooting guard who can score 3-pointers which could be used as a trump card to help turn the game's tide. And Guy...well, let's just say he's that loud and trash-talking center who protects the basket with everything he's got, and also commits a lot of fouls.
    Actually, I figured Hal would be more of a shooting guard, like Kobe or Reggie Miller. An obviously talented guy that folks either love or hate.

I think John would be a cross between Derek Fisher & Magic Johnson.

Guy is Dennis Rodman.

Hal in JL Action.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Hal would punch out a commanding officer while Nathaniel would comply.

That would be a better rivalry over Bats/Hal.

Given their insane power levels, I would duck for cover when they got tired of bickering, but refused to walk away.
    They did interact a bit in Action Comics Weekly! The interaction went about what you'd expect

by juan ferreyra

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    They did interact a bit in Action Comics Weekly! The interaction went about what you'd expect

i wasnt able to follow Action Weekly, but this looks like MD Bright on pencils. love his crisp lines when he penciled GL.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i wasnt able to follow Action Weekly, but this looks like MD Bright on pencils. love his crisp lines when he penciled GL.
    Yep, Priest and Bright did those issues with Captain Atom.

I wonder, if it ever came to an argument of whether to kill a villain or some type of villainous force, what side all the Earth Lanterns would fall on?

Though I would imagine it would also depend on who was writing them at the time...

by juan ferreyra

Please let me know from where this came. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AMAZINGTFL View Post
    Please let me know from where this came. Thanks.
    I think it was just a commission or something. Wish it was from a series... that would have been epic...

I think it was just a commission or something. Wish it was from a series... that would have been epic...
    Yes it would of been epic. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder, if it ever came to an argument of whether to kill a villain or some type of villainous force, what side all the Earth Lanterns would fall on?

Though I would imagine it would also depend on who was writing them at the time...
    Well Hal and Kyle were always traditionally no-kill.

Guy went for as much violence as he could get away with and I have no doubt he'd kill if he could have

Johns the only wildcard in my mind. His personality shifts hard between writers....

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Well Hal and Kyle were always traditionally no-kill.

Guy went for as much violence as he could get away with and I have no doubt he'd kill if he could have

Johns the only wildcard in my mind. His personality shifts hard between writers....
    Yeah, that sounds about right.

Off the top of my head, Tomasi had John be more willing to "do what needs to be done" but Van Jensen had him be staunchly against killing. Johns had him supporting the Corps. being allowed to use lethal force.

Guy killing when push comes to shove seems a little more consistent, even if there's been examples of him refraining from doing it.