Page 653 of 885 FirstFirst ... 153553603643649650651652653654655656657663703753 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,795 of 13267
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's sad that Hal is reduced to a punchline these days.
    The way GL's been treated since the movie reminds me of how Aquaman has been perceived for ages by the general public DC doesn't seem to realize or care that there's a problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    The way GL's been treated since the movie reminds me of how Aquaman has been perceived for ages by the general public DC doesn't seem to realize or care that there's a problem though.
    Heh, I remember The Joker's infamous line about how "All it takes is one bad day". I've been saying for ages, to the point of annoyance for everyone here I'm sure, that as far as live-action is concerned, there's no hope for Hal Jordan. The Green Lantern franchise itself can bounce back in the movies, but the character of Hal Jordan can't because WB just doesn't care about him. The only reason he is probably slated to appear in the reboot is so they can just tell his fans that he was there before they get rid of him. People can enjoy the funny memes cause that's all Hal will be getting in the future.

So stand back and peep the light show, GL's got this.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-14-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Heh, I remember The Joker's infamous line abut how "All it takes is one bad day". I've been saying for ages, to the point of annoyance for everyone here I'm sure, that as far as live-action is concerned, there's no hope for Hal Jordan. The Green Lantern franchise itself can bounce back in the movies, but the character of Hal Jordan can't because WB just doesn't care about him. The only reason he is probably slated to appear in the reboot is so they can just tell his fans that he was there before they get rid of him. People can enjoy the funny memes cause that's all Hal will be getting in the future.

So stand back and peep the light show, GL's got this.
    "But one bad week? That could kill a Multiverse."
    - The Batman Who Laughs

I really want to see what created him, but I'm concerned that's going to stretch just how dark DC can go. If what we've seen with the Red Death, Murder Machine and the Dawnbreaker is only the tip of the iceberg, and BWL is the worst of the lot, then he'll make nightmares look like sweet dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Venditti just keeps copying Geoff Johns' ideas. Hal talking with his father was copied from Sinestro Corps War and Flight. Hal fighting his Parallax possessed friend from Justice League was copied from Brightest Day. That Hammond scene was obviously copied from v4. Boring.
    Wasn’t that the point of Rebirth??

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Wasn’t that the point of Rebirth??
    There are many differences between taking characters back to the roots and uncreative plagiarism.

I remember Johns putting Hammond in this situation but I don't remember him following up and providing a conclusion to this story line. I thought he dropped this story line. I could be wrong.

Venditti just keeps copying Geoff Johns' ideas. Hal talking with his father was copied from Sinestro Corps War and Flight. Hal fighting his Parallax possessed friend from Justice League was copied from Brightest Day. That Hammond scene was obviously copied from v4. Boring.
    I guess if you want to say Venditti's used similar ideas to Johns, I can see it, but the way he's handled them and the context seem different and solid enough to where I don't really see a problem.

Of course it's been so long since I've read Johns' run that I've forgotten about a lot of that .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

Extraordinary Member

Throw in Canary, Zatanna, and Hawkman....and you got yourself a story.

Don't include Batman, or Doctor Light for obvious reasons.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by baycitybomber View Post
    The ring is doing the switcheroo, though, you can see the straight edges of the beam.
    Perhaps I should get my eyes checked.....

Extraordinary Member

Guess DC just doesn't want 3 Green Lanterns on Earth. Despite that Hal could just be minding his own business and try to get his human life back on track, much like it was right after his return. He certainly doesn't need to be back just to rejoin the Justice League.
    I miss the 80's DC.

Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 10-15-2017 at 09:16 AM.

This is awesome

Any recommendations for someone trying to get into Hal Jordan arcs?

That Hammond scene was obviously copied from v4. Boring.
    Although there was never a follow-up to that as I recall. We never found out what that scene even was, so I'm glad if Venditti is going to actually explain it. (and we did see Evil Star previewed in that teaser)