Page 825 of 885 FirstFirst ... 325725775815821822823824825826827828829835875 ... LastLast
Results 12,361 to 12,375 of 13267
    Astonishing Member

if that image was around the time of the SCW, wasn't Babs long since gone from the Cowl by then and a long time Oracle? Then again maybe it was just a commission in which case you can put what you want where you want.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Variant cover for Hal's N Pals #46

''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post

Brutal .

I still find it weird when I see the costume all ripped up. I get it's done for effect, but it's not made of fabric after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I still find it weird when I see the costume all ripped up. I get it's done for effect, but it's not made of fabric after all.
    Except when it is...

Showcase+22+Green+Lantern+017-+por+Defender.jpg

The 'It's not cloth' was another of Johns' retcons that I didn't care for. I like the insta-change that Hal has always done with his 'invisible' costume... but the idea of it basically being construct... while being any color except green.... never really works for me. They've toyed around with the multi-color constructs in the past... but I never like them. It goes too much against concept of what the rings literally ARE...

Yeah, but that hasn't been the case in a while. I always liked the idea that it's based on energy and not being an actual outfit. I understand that not everyone likes it though.

in the death of superman trailer, when batman radioed "3 leaguers down, and we just barely got here", who do you think those 3 leaguers are?

i have a feeling that hal is one of those 3. along with hawkman and flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Now this is an interesting cover.

hoping for the day when hal is front and center of the dcu again.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    in the death of superman trailer, when batman radioed "3 leaguers down, and we just barely got here", who do you think those 3 leaguers are?

Probably. A half-way decent thinking Lantern could take Doomsday without TOO much problem. Gardner was a moron during his fight and they retconned in that he had already beaten a guardian into his backstory by the time he came back.... but I remember in th eoriginal story the thought of 'If Hal was there, he'd have bubbled that monster up and hurled him into space... and/or the sun.

Flash isn't much different. To make the threats seem real, those two powerhouses need to get dropped fast.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Probably. A half-way decent thinking Lantern could take Doomsday without TOO much problem. Gardner was a moron during his fight and they retconned in that he had already beaten a guardian into his backstory by the time he came back.... but I remember in th eoriginal story the thought of 'If Hal was there, he'd have bubbled that monster up and hurled him into space... and/or the sun.

Flash isn't much different. To make the threats seem real, those two powerhouses need to get dropped fast.
    i understand that this is a superman film, and leaguers had to fall to establish the threat of doomsday... just don't like hal getting jobbed just for the sake of it.

i understand that this is a superman film, and leaguers had to fall to establish the threat of doomsday... just don't like hal getting jobbed just for the sake of it.
    Hopefully he at least has a decent showing of SOME sort... I still laugh at Guy's 'Try to tackle him, get slammed into the ground and gets face punched' method... but I don't want that kind of joke to be Hal's downfall.

As for Jobbing... it IS Doomsday, so while Hal COULD beat him... there's no shame to losing. It's not like Hal falls to idk... Harley Quinn or Ventrilioquist…

Well, he wasn't going to have a bigger role anyway. The League is there to get jobbed out, so Superman could be the only one left to stop Doomsday.

Judging by the trailers, this seems to be the order that Doomsday takes the League out:

Daytime:
    Green Lantern -> Hawkman (Flash is wielding his mace) -> Flash. Then Batman says that three members are already down.

Evening:
    Cyborg -> Aquaman -> Martian Manhunter (?)

Night:
    Batman (?) -> Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, he wasn't going to have a bigger role anyway. The League is there to get jobbed out, so Superman could be the only one left to stop Doomsday.
    shame. would have been fun to see nathan fillion/hal get badass on doomsday.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post

Damn....who put hands on "Hands" Jordan?

No worries, "Hands" can go 12 rounds, plus sudden death.

Just cover the man's tab, and all will be well.