Page 216 of 885 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316716 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 13267
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    How could you read it "awhile back" when the site says it was posted yesterday? Or is it a re-post?
    It's definitely a repost. Or else I had my Reverse Flash uniform on (wait, you didn't read that).

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm a bit skeptical on his playing Hal, as I would think WB would want to attract a slightly bigger name for him.
    But looks wise he's dead on, and he's laying it on a bit thick in that interview, isn't he?
    I doubt they might necessary go for a big name in this role. There's literally no big name on the JL roster other than Affleck. Cavill has done some films but he is not really a "name" that draws people to theaters, Gal was a part of a major franchise in FF, but her role wasn't exactly big, Ezra Miller is a good talented young actor but hardly a "name" either, Momoa is known for one season of GoT and Ray Fisher is a Broadway actor who doesn't seem to have any movie credits. In comparison to all these people, I don't think it's that strange to believe that an actor like Dan Amboyer might have been cast as Green Lantern. Do I actually believe he is? Not really. For some reason this speculation seems to have a life of its own while it's not based on anything that can give some merit to it. But if I'm to simply assume that an unknown actor might be cast as Hal Jordan? Sure, why not. Who knew about Hemsworth before Thor.

ok. i found a longer version of the interview. fun to read.

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainmen...-2016-40135939

its funny, why all the secrecy on the identity of a drone pilot?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I want Grant Morrison to tackle Hal Jordan in a long GL run. I think he'd write a great Hal, he gets genre characters very well, the hotshot test pilot.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-11-2016 at 08:29 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    ok. i found a longer version of the interview. fun to read.

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainmen...-2016-40135939

its funny, why all the secrecy on the identity of a drone pilot?
    There seems to be secrecy around every small character in this movie. lol There's secrecy around the drone pilot, around who Scoot McNairy and Jena Malone are playing, hell they didn't even announce that Lauren Cohan was playing Martha Wayne until only recently. Part of me wants to believe the pilot theory, but I think I just know better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I want Grant Morrison to tackle Hal Jordan in a long GL run. I think he'd write a great Hal, he gets genre characters very well, the hotshot test pilot.
    I agree. Morrison can be inconsistent, but when he's hot he's white hot. At least imo.

BANNED

There seems to be secrecy around every small character in this movie. lol There's secrecy around the drone pilot, around who Scoot McNairy and Jena Malone are playing, hell they didn't even announce that Lauren Cohan was playing Martha Wayne until only recently. Part of me wants to believe the pilot theory, but I think I just know better.
    I think he's just self-aware and messing around.

BANNED

There's so much Morrison could do with the GL mythos, would be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    There's so much Morrison could do with the GL mythos, would be incredible.
    For a sci-fi space physics amateur junkie like Morrison, the sky would be the limit (figuratively)....crazy ideas for new GLs/villains, astrophysics, and some fun interesting compelling Hal Jordan & Carol and the rest of the GLC.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

For a sci-fi space physics amateur junkie like Morrison, the sky would be the limit (figuratively)....crazy ideas for new GLs/villains, astrophysics, and some fun interesting compelling Hal Jordan & Carol and the rest of the GLC.
    We might be dreaming, but it's an awfully cool dream...

BANNED

Not to mention enough trippy space shaman stuff to make the ending to 2001 seem toned down.

Scoot McNairy has been confirmed to be a survivor of the Zod attack who's used by Lex against Superman, though I don't think they've named his character yet (just confirmed he's not Jimmy Olsen).

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Not to mention enough trippy space shaman stuff to make the ending to 2001 seem toned down.
    Exactly, and that'd be so fresh to GL because Johns and the successors are so much more....just not that, just don't go there.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm starting to read Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four run. Pretty good so far, and I think he would also be a good choice to someday take over GL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm starting to read Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four run. Pretty good so far, and I think he would also be a good choice to someday take over GL.
    Hickman's pretty much settled on his indie stuff these days, isn't he? I think he'd only come to DC to do LosH, he's a real big fan. First ever comic he read and all that.