Page 738 of 885 FirstFirst ... 238638688728734735736737738739740741742748788838 ... LastLast
Results 11,056 to 11,070 of 13267
    BANNED

I haven't read any books with Hal from Rebirth, but I was curious if his brothers Jack and James have ever appeared in the New 52 or Rebirth continuities. Anyone know?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Yeah... three white guys and a black guy... what is this, the A-Team?

Funny enough, if you go over to the X-board, some posters would say Hal is not a white guy based on his Jewish heritage.

Some consider Kyle a POC.

Which only leaves us with.....Guy.

Sometimes the whole race thing can get ridiculous.

Here's another series I would sign up for and buy all the variant covers to: an all female team GL book. Seriously no foolies. As long as they didn't make it obvious... didn't call it something stupid like "lady lanterns" and absolutely zero percent of the marketing mentions that they're all women or makes DC sound like the saviors of feminism by publishing it... I would be all in. Like some kind of space frontier gotta find our way back to the thing so we can stop that guy story. F%*k it, put Carol on that team too. She'll be the one off color lantern like Razer in GLTAS. I would drop Hal in a second if that ever happened. I would start my own podcast devoted entirely to that comic. I would collect all 900 smelly Korok seeds to get my hands on the first issue. I would get a prostate exam from the Incredible Hulk once a week just to see that chit happen in my lifetime. Light 'em up!
    The multi-ethnic Earth-style sausage fest has worn a bit thin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Personally, I think the interpersonal dynamics between Hal, Carol, John, Guy, Kyle, Jade, Arisia, Salaak, Kilowog, Sonanik, Simon, and Jess should be the primary focus moving forward. Sure, let's throw crazy alien baddies and cosmic threats at them, but I am more interested in seeing how these characters interact with one another and how their shared history is both making them better and holding them back. I'd like the comics to be more concerned with who these people are and what they mean to each other, rather than simply reaffirming their core personas again and again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I haven't read any books with Hal from Rebirth, but I was curious if his brothers Jack and James have ever appeared in the New 52 or Rebirth continuities. Anyone know?
    I think the older brother Jack is dead, but Hal's younger brother Jim and his family showed up several times in Venditti's GL. He hasn't shown up in Rebirth at all though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    In what way?

I think the GL titles are fun, but creatively stagnant. What elements would you like them to expand upon?

Personally, I think the interpersonal dynamics between Hal, Carol, John, Guy, Kyle, Jade, Arisia, Salaak, Kilowog, Sonanik, Simon, and Jess should be the primary focus moving forward. Sure, let's throw crazy alien baddies and cosmic threats at them, but I am more interested in seeing how these characters interact with one another and how their shared history is both making them better and holding them back. I'd like the comics to be more concerned with who these people are and what they mean to each other, rather than simply reaffirming their core personas again and again.
    I'd be happy to see more characters interaction. Considering four GLs are in one book it feels like we haven't gotten very much catcher interaction. Hal and Kyle chat sometimes but it isn't often that deep and I don't think we've really seem the four of them taking much until the most recent arc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    I think the older brother Jack is dead, but Hal's younger brother Jim and his family showed up several times in Venditti's GL. He hasn't shown up in Rebirth at all though.
    Jack should have been resurrected. IIRC, he kinda gave Hal grief over his life decisions. Jack could be a great source of conflict if Hal ever reestablished a civilian life on Earth.

Jack would be a better source of conflict than the now cliched stuff we get with Carol (before she went MIA).

Extraordinary Member

Is it true the Jordan brothers were inspired by the Kennedy brothers?

I'm pretty sure Jim was referenced in rebirth. I want to say in that issue of Flash where Hal dropped in, he was either visiting Jim or going to visit him. But I feel like Jim and his family are alive and intact.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Funny enough, if you go over to the X-board, some posters would say Hal is not a white guy based on his Jewish heritage.

Some consider Kyle a POC.

Which only leaves us with.....Guy.

Sometimes the whole race thing can get ridiculous.
    Oh it's the most ridiculous thing humans invented. I'm sure if Guy did a 23 & me, he'd find out he's 2% native american.
    Save Ferris...

Extraordinary Member

Oh it's the most ridiculous thing humans invented. I'm sure if Guy did a 23 & me, he'd find out he's 2% native american.
    It makes these two panels even more hilarious.

Mighty Member

Jack should have been resurrected. IIRC, he kinda gave Hal grief over his life decisions. Jack could be a great source of conflict if Hal ever reestablished a civilian life on Earth.

Jack would be a better source of conflict than the now cliched stuff we get with Carol (before she went MIA).
    I agree! Jim had been dead before Johns GL Rebirth and was resurrected with no fuss, they should have done the same to Jack.

I'm pretty sure Jim was referenced in rebirth. I want to say in that issue of Flash where Hal dropped in, he was either visiting Jim or going to visit him. But I feel like Jim and his family are alive and intact.
    Jim and his family are alive, I just meant they haven't shown up.

Mighty Member

Is it true the Jordan brothers were inspired by the Kennedy brothers?
    That's what I've heard and I wouldn't be surprised. Hal's whole family seemed oddly Kennedy-esque, he had a couple rich uncles and I think at one point Jack was a judge or a senator or something. Oddly enough we saw a ton of his extended family in the silver and bronze age but I don't think his parents were even mentioned until much later.

Funny, I thought Hal's family was working class. At least the modern version.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

That's what I've heard and I wouldn't be surprised. Hal's whole family seemed oddly Kennedy-esque, he had a couple rich uncles and I think at one point Jack was a judge or a senator or something. Oddly enough we saw a ton of his extended family in the silver and bronze age but I don't think his parents were even mentioned until much later.
    Hals brothers when first introduced were very cool and great characters.

They were shown as a very close trio but with distinct personalities.

You had Jack who seemed to be the most ambitious . He was voted District attorney and was a leader.
    Then Hal who was more independent and a daredevil but still very respectable as a test pilot.
    Then you had Jim the youngest who was treated as more of a kid and had more of a carefree personality.

Their uncle was actually a judge and there was one story where this crook was going after the uncle, Jack and Jim who he thought was GL who had all put him away. Great story.

There was this cute recurring plot that Sue , Jim's girlfriend , was convinced Jim was really GL and Hal covering for him sometimes.

They appeared quite a few time In the beginning. So good and also very unique . You don't usually see that type of family dynamic in comics. I wish they would bring them back like that.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 02-09-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    If I am remembering right, Jack & his wife were retconned into dying in Coast City, but his brother Jim and his family appeared at the end of Hal's New 52 title during the end of the DCYou era.