Page 230 of 885 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330730 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 13267
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    i don't agree that hal (and ollie) are older than their peers. i feel that superman and batman got to superheroics earlier, and that hal got the ring in his early 20's.
    In the New 52 continuity, sure. I think vartox was referring to the post-COIE / pre-Flashpoint DCU, where Hal and Ollie were definitely stated to be a bit older than Bruce, Barry, Clark, etc.

As far as who got into superheroics earlier, that's another story...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    In the New 52 continuity, sure. I think vartox was referring to the post-COIE / pre-Flashpoint DCU, where Hal and Ollie were definitely stated to be a bit older than Bruce, Barry, Clark, etc.

really, i didn't knew that. i assumed that post coie superman was the first to operate among his peers. so by the time abin sur gave hal his ring, the general public knew of a superman in metropolis.

Astonishing Member

really, i didn't knew that. i assumed that post coie superman was the first to operate among his peers. so by the time abin sur gave hal his ring, the general public knew of a superman in metropolis.
    wait, wasn't there a timeline published by dc before? i think dan jurgens drew it, around the time of zero hour i think. i could've sworn that's were i got my idea that hal and ollie should be younger than kal el.

Yeah but Hal got de-aged in Rebirth and I think Ollie got a bit younger after Hallax resurrected him, so who knows what their age was really. lol

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Parallax is on the cover for #52 so even if he disappears at the end of #50 he's not staying gone long...

I guess whatever happens in 50-52 could indicate what'll happen in the Rebirth stuff. I guess it also depends on if Venditti is sticking around or not (personally I am hoping not).

By the time Hal got the gray temples it seemed like he and Ollie were a lot older than the rest of the JL even if they should have all been around the same age. Boy did they pay for aging later.

I think in the new 52 Wondy and Cyborg are 25, Bruce is 32-33, Superman, Barry, Aquaman are 28 or so. I don't think Hal's age has been alluded to anywhere recently but theoretically he should be over 30 because they didn't condense his military/test pilot careers at all and he's been a GL for at least nine years...
    it does look like parallax eventhough the figure is blacked out. part of me wishes redemption for hallax. but if that happens,what will dc do with him. too powerful to appear on a regular basis.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    it does look like parallax eventhough the figure is blacked out. part of me wishes redemption for hallax. but if that happens,what will dc do with him. too powerful to appear on a regular basis.
    The solicited cover for #52 is a placeholder. That piece of art actually is featured in GL #50.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by acessential View Post
    The solicited cover for #52 is a placeholder. That piece of art actually is featured in GL #50.
    I'm guessing he is getting his ring back by Rebirth.

Astonishing Member

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/review...-50/1900-4404/

anybody read it yet? might be a good point to jump back to green lantern.

This issue leaves Hal at a very peculiar place. Krona's gauntlets are changing him, and what happens to him is is pretty crazy at the end of the issue. The battle between Hal and Parallax isn't over, but now there's a battle for Hal to save himself. The issue leaves the reader wanting more.
    they've been teasing of big changes for green lantern. looks like it. it also looks that both hal and hallax will still be appearing in the next few issues.

There was always a little ambiguity there too though. They were stated as being 'older' and 'getting too old for this crap'... and I think Ollie had a 40th birthday party...

But they never really nailed down anyone else's age. Usually when Hal was treated as 'older' it was around Booster Gold or Wally West or any of the other 'immature' heroes or ex-sidekicks. Batman and Superman... were always stated as being A) Extremely experienced and the ultimate veterans... and B) in the prime of their life... Which honestly never meshed well. It's something that really came to a head in New 52 when Batman had to justify (and really failed at it) as to how he's gone through 4+ Robins in a 5 year history.

Whenever they do flashbacks or even when Superman and Batman met Hal in the present... they were never treated as anything but peers. Never got that 'Respect the elder' vibe that the JSA guys got.

There were just a lot of younger heroes floating around then that simply weren't active when the JLA formed.

Astonishing Member

amazing body paint work

Mighty Member

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/review...-50/1900-4404/

anybody read it yet? might be a good point to jump back to green lantern.

they've been teasing of big changes for green lantern. looks like it. it also looks that both hal and hallax will still be appearing in the next few issues.
    I read it. It was a weird issue and for Tan taking three issues off to work on it the art was REALLY rushed.

I don't quite get what happened to Hal at the end either.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    There was always a little ambiguity there too though. They were stated as being 'older' and 'getting too old for this crap'... and I think Ollie had a 40th birthday party...

But they never really nailed down anyone else's age. Usually when Hal was treated as 'older' it was around Booster Gold or Wally West or any of the other 'immature' heroes or ex-sidekicks. Batman and Superman... were always stated as being A) Extremely experienced and the ultimate veterans... and B) in the prime of their life... Which honestly never meshed well.
    In my head canon (and maybe this was informed by something I read somewhere), Bruce and Clark were a bit younger than Ollie, Hal, et al... but they'd been in the superhero game a bit longer. Of course there may be evidence that completely debunks this idea...

It's something that really came to a head in New 52 when Batman had to justify (and really failed at it) as to how he's gone through 4+ Robins in a 5 year history.
    I like to think that the rest of the Leaguers give Batman shit off-panel over this. "Sooo Bruce - how many teenage boys have you run through in 5 years? Remind us again of the age difference between Dick and Damian?" *Crickets*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm guessing he is getting his ring back by Rebirth.
    I hope so, but I'm having doubts because of the change they just made with Hal.