Page 743 of 885 FirstFirst ... 243643693733739740741742743744745746747753793843 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,145 of 13267
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Tomar-Re's failed mission to save Krypton was to deliver Stellarium, a substance that would reinforce the broken core. Stellarium can only be found in the Vega System, and becomes highly relevant in Tom King's Omega Men series.
    Between this and Scrapps showing up in Green Lanterns I'm just longing for another Omega Men series

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Tomar-Re's failed mission to save Krypton was to deliver Stellarium, a substance that would reinforce the broken core. Stellarium can only be found in the Vega System, and becomes highly relevant in Tom King's Omega Men series.
    Last thing i remember about Tom King Omega Men series is after read few pages and see Carol and Kyle like WTF. I threw away the book and burned it end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    Last thing i remember about Tom King Omega Men series is after read few pages and see Carol and Kyle like WTF. I threw away the book and burned it end of story.
    Were they still together in that series???

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Don't Know Don't Care

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    At the beginning, but we never see them together and Kyle ends up sleeping with Princess Kalista so I assume he wasn't going back to Carol after Omega Men I'm happy with never mentioning that pairing in a comic again.

Mighty Member

On a better subject there's a short new interview for Green Lantern Earth One! https://www.themarysue.com/corinna-b...green-lantern/

Bechko: Somehow the story just always seemed like it was Jordan’s. But aside from that, we wanted to use a very well-known Lantern so that people who were only vaguely aware of the characters wouldn’t be too confused by an unfamiliar name.
    Bechko: I hope they’ll like him and want to read more about him! Other than that, I hope they recognize that he’s heroic because of the choices he makes, not because of any innate or inborn trait. You often hear people saying things along the lines of “somebody do something!” whenever there’s a crisis, be it a dog that needs rescuing or a climate that needs stabilizing. And yet, we are all “somebody.” For me, the whole point of reading about heroes is to feel like I, too, am a person who can hope for a better tomorrow as well as work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    At the beginning, but we never see them together and Kyle ends up sleeping with Princess Kalista so I assume he wasn't going back to Carol after Omega Men I'm happy with never mentioning that pairing in a comic again.
    Glad to hear it and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    Old wounds here. I was a huge Kyle fan going back to the beginning, but once this Carol schitt happened I didn't want to see that guy appear in a single panel anymore. It probably ruined Omega Men for me which I hear is supposed to be a really good story.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AMAZINGTFL View Post
    This reminded me of the Austin Powers bit where Dr Evil had dinner with Austin and Scott was like "what are you, feeding him? Why don't you just kill him? I got a gun in my room. I'll go get it, shoot him in the head, bam, done."

Dr Evil - "You just don't get it, Scott"
    Save Ferris...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    Attachment 61973

This is the one I think you mean...
    On a side note, it was awesome that some version of Superman had ties to all three teams.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AMAZINGTFL View Post
    Oh, snap!

For a long time, I have longed for a surviving Kryptonian to talk about Tomar-Re.

We know he did his best to save Krypton, but (rational or not) someone must have a bone to pick with him, and the GLC.

Could the Guardians have done more?

It would make sense that some survivor would have some sort of mad-on for the GLC.

But damn....did it have to be mean-arse Ursa?

Stuff like this is what makes a shared universe awesome.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Kyle's missing his NIN shirt, but Hal is still dressed like someone's father so it's all good.
    I always felt that's how Martin Jordan dressed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They're okay the way they are. Hal would be wearing his father's jacket, Kyle is a young guy so he would likely be in touch with modern trends, Guy was a football player and gym teacher, so I do imagine him wearing his old letterman jackets, I picture John as the one with a more exquisite taste in clothing.
    Idunno, between being an architect, and a former Marine, I don't see John spending too time on his wardrobe....unless he was dating Vixen.

Hal should have said....you want a guy dressed like that as a member of the GLC?!

I think only Phantom Girl & Pulsar Stargrave can rock 70s gear.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Oh, snap!

For a long time, I have longed for a surviving Kryptonian to talk about Tomar-Re.

We know he did his best to save Krypton, but (rational or not) someone must have a bone to pick with him, and the GLC.

Could the Guardians have done more?

It would make sense that some survivor would have some sort of mad-on for the GLC.

But damn....did it have to be mean-arse Ursa?

Stuff like this is what makes a shared universe awesome.
    That's what I call good writing and Vendetti should get credit for making that awesome connection between the different corners of the DCU that most people would not even think of.

Also as I love to point out , yet another crossover between Superman and GL that has been popping up so much recently.

Extraordinary Member

Omega Men first appeared in Green Lantern, so they should show up here, eventually.