Page 744 of 885 FirstFirst ... 244644694734740741742743744745746747748754794844 ... LastLast
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 13267

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Oh, snap!

For a long time, I have longed for a surviving Kryptonian to talk about Tomar-Re.

We know he did his best to save Krypton, but (rational or not) someone must have a bone to pick with him, and the GLC.

Could the Guardians have done more?

It would make sense that some survivor would have some sort of mad-on for the GLC.

But damn....did it have to be mean-arse Ursa?

Stuff like this is what makes a shared universe awesome.
    Well based on the preview, it seems like a rehash of the old villain trope of blaming the hero for not saving them. But it could turn out to be something more interesting. I'd say the angle should be that either the guardians or tomar or both deliberately let Krypton be destroyed because they knew if those Kryptonians ever went out into the galaxy and all turned into Supermen, they'd end up f&%kin up some chitt.
    Save Ferris...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    That's what I call good writing and Vendetti should get credit for making that awesome connection between the different corners of the DCU that most people would not even think of.

Also as I love to point out , yet another crossover between Superman and GL that has been popping up so much recently.
    Yes, indeed!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Well based on the preview, it seems like a rehash of the old villain trope of blaming the hero for not saving them. But it could turn out to be something more interesting. I'd say the angle should be that either the guardians or tomar or both deliberately let Krypton be destroyed because they knew if those Kryptonians ever went out into the galaxy and all turned into Supermen, they'd end up f&%kin up some chitt.
    Well....we all know Zod & crew are full of manure. They are fascist by nature (cosmic rap crew?).

In the real world, people often hold an unfavorable & unrealistic view of law enforcement, especially in recent years. Without knowing the full details, it does make sense for someone to question the GLC over the destruction of Krypton.

You throw Zod's crew in the mix, naturally they will use it as an excuse just to push their weight around.

I actually enjoy when villains take a somewhat legitimate grievance, and use it to justify their evil actions.

I agree with you that it would be interesting if someone wanted Krypton destroyed to avoid a world of super-beings, but then you still have Daxam.

Although lead metal might be easier to come by, than Kryptonite, but that is another story.

This story can go in several directions.

i came late to the discussion...

how are january sales now? how is hjglc and gl doing?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Not so good. Continuing to drop.

Hal Jordan is in the upper 20's. around 28k.

Green Lanterns is in the mid to lower 20's. 23k-25k.

Incredible Member

I'm a little disturbed with the description of the Earth One Green Lantern. The writers said that Hal was not chosen in this universe. And he was more like a everyman character... That sounds more like Kyle to me. I've always consider Hal as the kind of person born to be a hero, while Kyle is the everyman got lucky and won the lottery.

Just read today's issue of Hal Jordan and the GL Corps. Hal's a freaking hero. In this issue alone, he had multiple "Captain America" moments, where I stopped and thought, "damn, now that's a hero." Cool ending, interested to see where it goes.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    Just read today's issue of Hal Jordan and the GL Corps. Hal's a freaking hero. In this issue alone, he had multiple "Captain America" moments, where I stopped and thought, "damn, now that's a hero." Cool ending, interested to see where it goes.
    And in typical Hal style, he never broke the bravado. This issue was a good example of Hal being confident without being overly arrogant.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-14-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    And in typical Hal style, he never broke the bravado. This issue was a good example of Hal being confident without being overly arrogant.
    Exactly, which is why I liked it so much.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Holy crap!!! This issue was awesome. Loved it. Another reminder why this is my favorite series.

Favorite moments.

The dinner with Zod was pretty good. Good character moments. Although I think they could have gone deeper with it and done more.

Favorite moment of the book. Hal recalls his ring with his willpower, reciting his oath, and it blasts through Eradicators head. I got chills.

Hal saving Kyle leaving himself behind. Great heroic moment and was really nice.

Kyle's new costume was cool but why did he get a new one? Why didn't he just get his regular one?

Also why is he reacting so surprised by using Hal's ring? i know it's unique cuz Hal made it himself but still it's just a ring.

I love Van Sciver but I felt like he wasn't on top of his game here. Maybe it's the inker.

Reading this comic got me hyped and made my day today.

Anyways, amazing issue. 10/10.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

Holy crap!!! This issue was awesome. Loved it. Another reminder why this is my favorite series.

Favorite moments.

The dinner with Zod was pretty good. Good character moments. Although I think they could have gone deeper with it and done more.

Favorite moment of the book. Hal recalls his ring with his willpower, reciting his oath, and it blasts through Eradicators head. I got chills.

Hal saving Kyle leaving himself behind. Great heroic moment and was really nice.

Kyle's new costume was cool but why did he get a new one? Why didn't he just get his regular one?

Also why is he reacting so surprised by using Hal's ring? i know it's unique cuz Hal made it himself but still it's just a ring.

I love Van Sciver but I felt like he wasn't on top of his game here. Maybe it's the inker.

Reading this comic got me hyped and made my day today.

Anyways, amazing issue. 10/10.
    Because Hal's ring it's a pure of willpower and Hal willpower is the strongest among all willpower in the universe so basically it's a Ion.

That right there is a hero.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Not so good. Continuing to drop.

Hal Jordan is in the upper 20's. around 28k.

Green Lanterns is in the mid to lower 20's. 23k-25k.
    GL books need a new direction soon, this was a fun era, but in the current industry, things have to be changed up after a while.