Page 6 of 885 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raker616 View Post
    Great job with the thread so far guys, everyone knows I love me some Hal Jordan. It's just too bad that the current comic has stopped me from enjoying his monthly adventures, dc needs to hurry up and get a writer on that book that knows how to write Hal because Venditti sure as heck doesn't.
    The book is getting better (the last issue was actually pretty good), but there still some serious improvement to be made, especially artwise. The art in the book is just sooo bland. The fill in artist for the last issue was way better than Tan's usual work. I'd put Rocafort on the book instead of Teen Titans. The arcs need to get shorter (how long have we been dealing with Durlans now?), and with more imaginative villains and supporting Lanterns.

The spectrum being a non-renewable resource needs to get cleared up quickly, because it just sucks out a large amount of appeal the GL universe used to have. Being a limitless superhero in a limitless world is a big reason why I like GL comics.

I think all these plot threads will get cleared up by September (or hope they do), and Venditti can move on to more space exploration and weird sci fi concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Jeezus, when I was 15 I was watching the mailbox for those "100 Hours Free!" discs from AOL so I could log into the DC chats and read people still fuming over "Emerald Twilight"...
    You old fogey!
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    The book is getting better (the last issue was actually pretty good), but there still some serious improvement to be made, especially artwise. The art in the book is just sooo bland. The fill in artist for the last issue was way better than Tan's usual work. I'd put Rocafort on the book instead of Teen Titans. The arcs need to get shorter (how long have we been dealing with Durlans now?), and with more imaginative villains and supporting Lanterns.

The spectrum being a non-renewable resource needs to get cleared up quickly, because it just sucks out a large amount of appeal the GL universe used to have. Being a limitless superhero in a limitless world is a big reason why I like GL comics.

I think all these plot threads will get cleared up by September (or hope they do), and Venditti can move on to more space exploration and weird sci fi concepts.
    I'd love to see Rocafort on the book. That said I'd like to see the story issues fixed first too.

GL sales have dropped considerably, so it's not even like this is being that well received. Eventually DC will have to think of some way to fix this or go with booting Venditti off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Black Adam is a total badass. I would love to see Hal go up against him.
    Yep.

I'd really just like to see Hal delve into the magical world. At first glance he'd be out of his depth completely, but imagination and willpower are key elements to magic.

//and after all, his ring basically works on space magic anyway, which is part of why that reservoir idea is so horrible

Astonishing Member

Still awesome to watch.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I was going to do another bombardment of Hal hanging out with Sinestro fanart, but something struck me. Obviously, if I say "who's your favourite Hal villain" it'll be swamped with answers of Sinestro, so who's your favourite Hal villain not including Sinestro?
    Probably Hector Hammond. Johns did a really good job of making him super creepy during his run.

There's also a bunch of others I really love. Even though the concept in and of itself is ridiculous, I've always really been partial to Goldface. Its a concept that's so silly that its awesome, and honestly hope he gets utilized more. Hopefully, the right writer comes along to reinvent him. Actually, I think I still have the comic of his original debut.

I also really like Mark Richards Tatooed Man

Extraordinary Member

Here's another really cool pic of Hal

Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 05-02-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Looking at that picture, I can't believe they got the movie costume so wrong.

Hope they improve it for the justice league movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post

That is an incredible pic. Doug Manke is such an amazing artist. Severely underrated!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    That final issue was just full of great moments like that. I'd probably have hated it if it was in any other comic, but here it just worked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Looking at that picture, I can't believe they got the movie costume so wrong.

Hope they improve it for the justice league movie!
    There's a rumour floating around about Chris Pine being re-approached for Hal but probably just a rumour.

Rumour here.

I doubt it, considering how many rumours about the current DC movies how been proven false. Pine fits the part, but it strikes me as a typecast considering his Kirk. I'd rather they go for the unknown.

I do think Hal's be in the Justice League movie, though.

Not a fan of Lee's work, but his Hal is nice.
    Last edited by Mr. Mastermind; 05-03-2014 at 05:54 AM.

There's a rumour floating around about Chris Pine being re-approached for Hal but probably just a rumour.
    I wouldn't mind that. Pine seems to be able to pull of that Captain Kirk cocky space explorer swagger that Hal embodies, though I do agree with Mr. Mastermind that going for an unknown would be the stronger choice.
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 05-03-2014 at 07:00 AM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Rumour here.

I doubt it, considering how many rumours about the current DC movies how been proven false. Pine fits the part, but it strikes me as a typecast considering his Kirk. I'd rather they go for the unknown.
    Yeah, that's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I wouldn't mind that. Pine seems to be able to pull of that Captain Kirk cocky space explorer swagger that Hal embodies, though I do agree with Mr. Mastermind that going for an unknown would be the stronger choice.
    Agreed. But I wouldn't mind Pine. Or Jensen Ackles.

Spectacular Member

Chris Pine as Hal Jordan would just be Ryan Reynolds redux at this point.

WB would only be after him because of the success of the Star Trek movies, but outside of that he is practically an unknown.
    Last edited by Damos40; 05-03-2014 at 09:40 AM.