Page 877 of 885 FirstFirst ... 377777827867873874875876877878879880881 ... LastLast
Results 13,141 to 13,155 of 13267

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "A complete re-imagining," so it sounds like it's not going to be Rebirth or what we've come to expect from the franchise?
    I think that line was meant to be in reference to the 2011 movie, since Joshua asked him what would be different from the last movie. By "complete re-imagining" he meant it was a reboot not connected in any way to the Reynolds debacle. At least that's how it sounds to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think that line was meant to be in reference to the 2011 movie, since Joshua asked him what would be different from the last movie. By "complete re-imagining" he meant it was a reboot not connected in any way to the Reynolds debacle. At least that's how it sounds to me.
    that's what i got out of it too. so all new casts i guess, and a slightly different origin?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    that's what i got out of it too. so all new casts i guess, and a slightly different origin?
    An origin story would be annoying and take up run time. With the MCU the films tend to be stronger when they aren't origin stories, like with Ant-Man and Doctor Strange. If the origin is covered in flashbacks or through dialogue, then it'll leave more time for the plot at hand.

Cover to Green Lanterns #53.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Sounds like they have to deliver a script to Warner Bros. that gets a director excited enough to do the film and get the green light. Unless that script is amazing, I don't think we're looking at another GL movie for at least another few years.

It all depends on how well Aquaman and Shazam do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Sounds like they have to deliver a script to Warner Bros. that gets a director excited enough to do the film and get the green light. Unless that script is amazing, I don't think we're looking at another GL movie for at least another few years.

It all depends on how well Aquaman and Shazam do.
    any idea how long this movie making process takes? i've always wondered.

Cover to Green Lanterns #53.

Nice cover .

Reminds me of those Convergence covers with Hal, Guy, and John.

It's strange that Hal keeps showing up on the GLs covers when he still hasn't appeared in the actual story.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

It's strange that Hal keeps showing up on the GLs covers when he still hasn't appeared in the actual story.
    I don't think he is going to show up. So far it's been Kyle, John Stewart, Guy, Jessica Cruz and Baz. And I think it's going to stay that way now that Hal is getting his own solo soon.

I'm still thinking of picking it up but so far the two issues that have come out have just been ok. So I'll see.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

But why have him on the covers then. The cover of the next Green Lanterns issue has only him on it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I don't think he is going to show up. So far it's been Kyle, John Stewart, Guy, Jessica Cruz and Baz. And I think it's going to stay that way now that Hal is getting his own solo soon.

I'm still thinking of picking it up but so far the two issues that have come out have just been ok. So I'll see.
    The solicit for GLs 52 and 53 mention Hal, so I assume he'll be showing up soon

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    any idea how long this movie making process takes? i've always wondered.
    If a movie gets fast-tracked, about two years if absolutely everything goes right.

I'm pretty sure we'll see a very different OA than we saw in the movie and redesigned Guardians, as well as the redesigned alien Lanterns (assuming they'll even use the same ones). And actual uniforms, not CGI costumes. It'll be easy to just overlook Hal's origin rather than touch upon it at all. He was selected, that's all anyone really needs to know.

What I'm more interested to know is how long he's been in outer space. There's got to be a reason that he didn't show up even when his home world was under attack by Parademons. Though they said continuity won't be much of a priority going forward, so that may not even be addressed at all.