Page 10 of 885 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Desaad still hasn't re-registered yet, has he? His input on Hal was always great.

If you haven't read it, his character analysis of Hal is fantastic.

I wish all the Hal Jordan haters would read that blog. Desaad has some great insight as to why we like the character so much.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I wish all the Hal Jordan haters would read that blog. Desaad has some great insight as to why we like the character so much.
    They won't. Their too ignorant for their own good.

Desaad gets Hal better than most writers these days.

Anyway, I haven't played Injustice yet, how does Hal play in that game? Is there a costume that looks less terrible?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Desaad gets Hal better than most writers these days.

Anyway, I haven't played Injustice yet, how does Hal play in that game? Is there a costume that looks less terrible?
    I haven't actually played it yet either, just the demo. Was waiting for the ultimate edition but I just haven't gotten around to it.

You can unlock the New 52 costume in it, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I haven't actually played it yet either, just the demo. Was waiting for the ultimate edition but I just haven't gotten around to it.

You can unlock the New 52 costume in it, I think.
    Have you seen the MOBA game Infinite Crisis? It's currently in open beta.

I tried it and I enjoy playing as Hal Jordan. I mostly play the Gotham Heights map. Hal has this skill that chains the enemy and it has a really long range. I then fire missiles and drop anvils on the enemy. The team fights are frequent and often get crazy.

Actually, Infinite Crisis has two alternate earth GL characters. One is Atomic Lantern and the other is Arcane Lantern. Both have REALLY interesting back stories that I would really like to read more about. Imagine a scarred Hal Jordan with one arm missing replaced with a big green mechanical arm.

Hope you guys check it out.

BANNED

Haven't checked it out yet, I don't usually play games during beta. That said I was looking forward to the comic because the alternate Hals look pretty cool.

BANNED

Reminded myself of this just now.

How many of you have given this a read? It's a great little done-in-one, not heavy on the action, but it juxtaposes a hero based entirely on free will and choices against a hero ruled over by fate, and it works fantastically.

I'm generally weary of reading anything by JMS so I never looked into it. I guess I'll give it a read based on your suggestion.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I'm generally weary of reading anything by JMS so I never looked into it. I guess I'll give it a read based on your suggestion.
    Hah. It's amongst the few things he actually wrote that were decent at DC.

How many of you have given this a read? It's a great little done-in-one, not heavy on the action, but it juxtaposes a hero based entirely on free will and choices against a hero ruled over by fate, and it works fantastically.

the cover looks nice. made me realize i miss dr fate stories.

Astonishing Member

Hah. It's amongst the few things he actually wrote that were decent at DC.
    That whole run was, I thought, filled with good-to-great stories by JMS. The worst of them were a little cliche (The Brother Power issue was yet another platform for JMS to decry modern society and glorify the hippy era, which is very much an out of touch and simplistic worldview) or mundane (the Atom/Joker issue didn't really make use of either character), but the there was a lot of heart there, and the Girls Night Out issue (while hotly debated) was, I thought, really heartbreaking and excellent.

So was this one.

I've been trying to track this one down. None of the shops around me have it so I'll order off of ebay. I've got every other one Hal guest starred in this volume of Brave and the Bold except this one.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Desaad still hasn't re-registered yet, has he? His input on Hal was always great.

If you haven't read it, his character analysis of Hal is fantastic.
    That is glorious. I do miss Desaad.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I've been trying to track this one down. None of the shops around me have it so I'll order off of ebay. I've got every other one Hal guest starred in this volume of Brave and the Bold except this one.
    You can try looking for the trade, there was one that collected all of JMS' issues. A good few were pretty enjoyable- Aquaman teaming up with Etrigan to fight Cthulhu was pretty fun.

And yeah, Waid wrote a pretty good Hal earlier but I thought some of his stories were a little lacklustre.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    That whole run was, I thought, filled with good-to-great stories by JMS. The worst of them were a little cliche (The Brother Power issue was yet another platform for JMS to decry modern society and glorify the hippy era, which is very much an out of touch and simplistic worldview) or mundane (the Atom/Joker issue didn't really make use of either character), but the there was a lot of heart there, and the Girls Night Out issue (while hotly debated) was, I thought, really heartbreaking and excellent.

So was this one.
    I barely remember the Brother Power or Atom/Joker issue, which I guess says a lot.