Page 106 of 885 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 13267
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i agree, although i havent seen hal written as similar to guy.

the green lantern animated series was awesome in its protrayal. hal was fearless yet that didnt hamper his sensibility. he was confident but not arrogant.
    I don't think Hal should be a doofus/comic relief. IMO, Hal reminded me of Guy in the early JL issues, and the in the two New 52 JL animated features.

Playing the fool for Batman is a Guy-thing which made Hal punching Batman in front of Guy during Rebirth funny.

Hal seemed more like early Kyle in the live action GL film.

It seems like folks can't settle on a basic personality for Hal in their attempts to push him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I don't think Hal should be a doofus/comic relief. IMO, Hal reminded me of Guy in the early JL issues, and the in the two New 52 JL animated features.

Playing the fool for Batman is a Guy-thing which made Hal punching Batman in front of Guy during Rebirth funny.

Hal seemed more like early Kyle in the live action GL film.

It seems like folks can't settle on a basic personality for Hal in their attempts to push him.
    oh okay, now i get it. i thought you meant guy was being written as obnoxious as guy.

i do agree that hal, or guy for that matter, should be written with a level of competency and responsibility.

i appreciate geoff johns for his portrayal of hal in the gl series.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    That's pretty cool! There are a bunch of neat Hal figures/statues coming out soon, I'm feeling spoiled.
    dang, all these good collectibles. a big drain on the budget....

the sideshow statue definitely i cant afford... but i think i can save up for the new dc icon collectible.

Quote Originally Posted by themiddle View Post
    oh wow. just saw this. this is pretty sweet.

this is a really cool idea.

Incredible Member

it looks like hal will not be staying on earth judging by the solicit for the green lantern sneak peek

GREEN LANTERN (Written by Robert Venditti with Art by Billy Tan)
    CONVERGENCE: THE ATOM #2
    On the run, RENEGADE Hal Jordan is confronted by both sides of the law at a galactic outpost. Beware his new power gauntlet, and watch out for his new partner!
    a bit curious why he would need a partner.

and if the glc will be out lost in space, who will now be the law?

Mighty Member

it looks like hal will not be staying on earth judging by the solicit for the green lantern sneak peek

The solicit for #41 mentioned a new partner named Darlene...

“Renegade”! Beginning a new chapter in Hal Jordan’s life as he becomes the universe’s most wanted outlaw! And wait till you meet Hal’s new partner, Darlene – she’s definitely not what you’re expecting!
    I don't know why he needs a partner, but considering how lonely he's been for the last... several issues I'm glad he's getting one.

Incredible Member

The solicit for #41 mentioned a new partner named Darlene...

I don't know why he needs a partner, but considering how lonely he's been for the last... several issues I'm glad he's getting one.
    somehow i'm wishing that this darlene fellow will not turn out to be one of hal's romantic interest. and since this is a part of the green lantern universe, chances are she might not be humanoid even, it did say she's not what we're expecting.

of course how many alien families would name their offspring darlene.

speaking of romantic interests, i dont think weve seen the end of hal and carols relationship.

and on that matter.... whatever happened to cowgirl?

Extraordinary Member

I think Sinestro will let loose his inner Judge Dredd.

The next meeting between Hal & Sinestro should be interesting.

Yeah I think its been mentioned Sinestro will take advantage of the Corps disappearance. I wonder if Hal will have his own problems or will want to deal with Sinestro. I don't like his odds being a loner or duo against the Sinestro Corps and Warworld though.
    Of course, I dare. I'm Hal Jordan.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    speaking of romantic interests, i dont think weve seen the end of hal and carols relationship.

and on that matter.... whatever happened to cowgirl?
    He and Cowgirl split off panel before Blackest Night, I think?

Hal/Carol is such a mess. I hate Kyle/Carol but I'm not really sure I want her back with Hal anytime soon either.

I'm unsure if I want Darlene to be a love interest or not. I guess I'll wait to judge until I actually see her. It's going to feel like a long wait for that eight page preview...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I think Sinestro will let loose his inner Judge Dredd.

The next meeting between Hal & Sinestro should be interesting.
    I'm looking forward to it.

With the GLs gone, Sinestro pumping up his own forces and claiming to not want to be a universal dictator, and Hal alone and a wanted outlaw he might have no choice but to let Sinestro do his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalorock View Post
    Yeah I think its been mentioned Sinestro will take advantage of the Corps disappearance. I wonder if Hal will have his own problems or will want to deal with Sinestro. I don't like his odds being a loner or duo against the Sinestro Corps and Warworld though.
    that would be uhmmm... unsettling if sinestros fear lanterns started policing the universe. thats sure a major overhaul in their organizations mission statement. boy, they better have a sharp public relations department.

another hesitation i have is how will hal do heroic stuff if hes busy being a fugitive. lol.

kyer shared a link on the jl8 comic in the barry allen thread.

i thought id share a page here. i love the art.

He and Cowgirl split off panel before Blackest Night, I think?

Hal/Carol is such a mess. I hate Kyle/Carol but I'm not really sure I want her back with Hal anytime soon either.

I'm unsure if I want Darlene to be a love interest or not. I guess I'll wait to judge until I actually see her. It's going to feel like a long wait for that eight page preview...
    was the split with cowgirl mentioned at all? i may have missed it.

i agree, hal and carol has been a mess lately. now that shes with kyle, im not so sure i want her and hal back again, at least not until the next reboot.

my worry with "darlene" is she might not even be from earth, or could even be a non carbon based lifeform. lol.

cant wait to hear more news.