Page 173 of 885 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 13267
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I was a fan of they seemed to earn him some respect. Everyone treated him like a well seasoned veteran hero... but was not a fan of how he was the only one who aged up. Well, him and Green Arrow, but he was blonde and I never saw a grey hair on him... The old/age jokes got a little old.

I was glad to see them leave and to actually have a legitimate part in the Rebirth Story.
    IIRC, Guy used his ring to slow down his aging. But Hal knocked him out, anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I actually do dig the slightly armored look to the chestpiece, but otherwise I think the pre-New 52 costume was pretty much perfect.

The pre-New 52 look was flawless. It was a great update on Hal's original look.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Am I the only one who wants to see more of Hal's old foes show up in the title? I don't read the main GL title but it could be fun seeing how Doctor Polaris, Tattooed Man, Goldface & The Shark would be revamped in the this new universe. Introducing Sonar was a step in the right direction.
    I think Polaris needs an overhaul - he deserves some love. Tattooed Man, The Shark and Hector Hammond made memorable reapparances post-Rebirth. I don't need to see them again ... well, maybe Hammond might be fun. I'd love to see Evil Star get a BIG upgrade in status. His powerset makes him a potential major player already - much moreso than Goldface or the Javelin, who were only threats because of the yellow weakness. I would also love to see new versions of the Qwardians (Thunderers), Manhunters and even The Invisible Destroyer. (the name is just too good to let languish in limbo forever) I can even see Myrwhyddn come back, but as some kind of Morrison-esque horror of a magical/metaphysical entity, rather than a little white-haired imp character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Am I the only one who wants to see more of Hal's old foes show up in the title? I don't read the main GL title but it could be fun seeing how Doctor Polaris, Tattooed Man, Goldface & The Shark would be revamped in the this new universe. Introducing Sonar was a step in the right direction.
    Doctor Polaris got a reintroduction in Futures End, although that version only showed up there. I wouldn't mind revamps of all of those. I am interested in seeing more of this Sonar revamp, too. I'm not sure what an update of Goldface would entail since he relied mostly on the yellow weakness...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The pre-New 52 look was flawless. It was a great update on Hal's original look.
    I agree, his post-Rebirth costume was perfect. The new 52 look isn't bad, but it's hard to improve perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'd love to see Evil Star get a BIG upgrade in status. His powerset makes him a potential major player already - much moreso than Goldface or the Javelin, who were only threats because of the yellow weakness. I would also love to see new versions of the Qwardians (Thunderers), Manhunters and even The Invisible Destroyer. (the name is just too good to let languish in limbo forever) I can even see Myrwhyddn come back, but as some kind of Morrison-esque horror of a magical/metaphysical entity, rather than a little white-haired imp character.
    Didn't they reintroduce Evil Star in GLC at some point? I thought I'd read that but I'm not sure if it went anywhere. I'd be totally down for Myrwhyddn coming back, there was a fun little dude.

I think Goldface could still work even without the yellow-weakness, just as a bad guy who can turn anything to gold with his "gold-gun" and a few enhanced abilities, not necessarily super-impressive on the surface or something you'd expect to give a GL a hard time, but with good writing could still be an effective and entertaining villain .

Has Tatooed Man made an appearance at all in the New 52? I always just assumed we had the Mark Richards incarnation running about, since he was the latest one and in the Johns run, but I can't for the life of me remember if he's appeared anywhere .

Astonishing Member

i would love to see hal's old rogues get "updated". dr. polaris, evil star, and hector hammond would be great as recurring villains.

the thunderers and weaponers would be awesome too.

who here wants to see hal tangle with the reach?

Astonishing Member

the solicits for gl #50 is out. really curious if dc has long term plans for parallax. i really dig his costume but somehow wish that he is not depicted as a crazy villain.

it also seems that parallax is part of telos, so more exposure for him.

i wonder how long venditti will write the main gl title.

Extraordinary Member

If written correctly, Hal vs Parallax should be epic.

I would rather Geoff Johns or Tom King write it.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

If written correctly, Hal vs Parallax should be epic.

I would rather Geoff Johns or Tom King write it.
    Right??

I'd have even been happy if they'd brought in Jurgens or Marz just for a one-off...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Would Marz even want to contribute to the story?

I would be okay if Parallax stuck around, especially if Sinestro is no longer the archenemy.

Speaking of which, I would welcome a meeting between Parallax & Sinestro.

I am curious to see just how powerful Hal's gauntlet is compared to Sinestro.

Besides the action, I hope to see some sort of character study here between the two versions of Hal Jordan.

Too bad the Hal of Earth-3 died.

It's kind of interesting to think of Parallax as the 'younger' Hal.

I also find it interesting that he was wearing a ring last picture I saw... which means he REALLY shouldn't be any more powerful then current Hal?

Spectacular Member superiorcrisis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Parallax aside, yes the grey temples gave him a sense of veteran character.
    Not only that, but to me, it gave the DCU a sense of a true passage of time, something comics do not normally have.
    What I'm buying: Justice League, Batman, Amazing Spider-Man and a bunch of back issues.

What I'm reading: Ultimate Spider-Man (2000)

Don't tell Willie

"Y'all." - Kevin Malone

BANNED

I'm a long time comic book fan, but just getting into Green Lantern. Exactly HOW bad is the movie? The trailers look really good...where did they go wrong? I'd tempted to watch it just for the voice acting on Kilowog. Was it that big a disappointment?

Would Marz even want to contribute to the story?

I would be okay if Parallax stuck around, especially if Sinestro is no longer the archenemy.

Speaking of which, I would welcome a meeting between Parallax & Sinestro.

I am curious to see just how powerful Hal's gauntlet is compared to Sinestro.

Besides the action, I hope to see some sort of character study here between the two versions of Hal Jordan.

Too bad the Hal of Earth-3 died.
    Marz would more likely come back for a Kyle story like he did with Homecoming and Ion.

Absolutely not Parallax would kill Sinestro on the spot this is the guy that killed two Sinestro corps member because he thought Sinestro had followers.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    I'm a long time comic book fan, but just getting into Green Lantern. Exactly HOW bad is the movie? The trailers look really good...where did they go wrong? I'd tempted to watch it just for the voice acting on Kilowog. Was it that big a disappointment?
    Its watchable I can say I watch it a quite a few times, don't expect a superb story or any of that but its a fun comic book movie and I did like seeing Alien GLs.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52