Page 302 of 885 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402802 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 13267

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I'd like to see the difference with some members of the league in regards to working with Hal & John.
    Same here, but judging by that preview, seems like as expected the focus would be on Batman and the JL Dark, so I'm guessing John's presence here might be a glorified cameo. Still given Batman and Hal's relationship in this movie universe, it would be funny to hear some random comment that he doesn't find Stewart to be as annoying as Jordan or whatever. lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Same here, but judging by that preview, seems like as expected the focus would be on Batman and the JL Dark, so I'm guessing John's presence here might be a glorified cameo. Still given Batman and Hal's relationship in this movie universe, it would be funny to hear some random comment that he doesn't find Stewart to be as annoying as Jordan or whatever. lol
    Perhaps this is my head canon, and not the books, but I always felt Bats respected John & Kyle. I think Bats is wary of Hal & Guy, due to their maverick & loose canon tendencies. Kyle is probably about the same age as Dick, and Bats has a soft spot for young soldiers. John's analytical & military ways may remind Bats of a younger Jim Gordon with a power ring. Being an artist & an architect, both Kyle & John are methodical which plays to Bruce's sensibilities.

Hal & Guy (two unpredictable wild cards that just don't give a damn with your opinion on how they go about saving lives) gives Bruce the blues, but in a comical way.

BANNED

Well who is making it? I agree with the point above. Bruce and John tend to get along fine.

Extraordinary Member

Quiet moments like this, they have a lot in common.

Ever work with someone you like until you are on a project with them?

You have a deadline, and while Bruce is ultra meticulous, Hal is simply "I'll figure something out before time runs out." Both techniques has their pros & cons, but getting two alpha personality types to coexist can be a challenge.

They can enjoy a beer after hours, but getting that project completed as a team could be a stressful nightmare.

This is how I see those two as teammates.

I'd say that analogy is totally on point.

Extraordinary Member

Had Geoff put more time into it, and not make Hal look like an idiot, these two could have produced some entertaining moments.

Geoff was on to something, he just could not fully make it happen.

Had Geoff put more time into it, and not make Hal look like an idiot, these two could have produced some entertaining moments.

Geoff was on to something, he just could not fully make it happen.
    It probably would have helped if he'd kept Hal on the team for more then the first two arcs and Darkseid War so he could develop the relationship more (or develop any of the League relationships more).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    how about this

Last edited by Johnny; 07-27-2016 at 06:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It probably would have helped if he'd kept Hal on the team for more then the first two arcs and Darkseid War so he could develop the relationship more (or develop any of the League relationships more).
    The character interplay was lacking across the board with JL. It makes me wonder if Geoff simply was not inspired by that line-up.

Sadly, every time new members were added, they were just as quickly removed from the series.

Given Hal's military background (and probably knowing wounded soldiers, like Rocket Man) & being around an assortment of aliens (some organic & some cybernetic), I always felt Hal would have been the first to reach out to Victor before Barry.

Extraordinary Member

See Geoff.....Hal can use big words, too!!!

Astonishing Member

Perhaps this is my head canon, and not the books, but I always felt Bats respected John & Kyle. I think Bats is wary of Hal & Guy, due to their maverick & loose canon tendencies. Kyle is probably about the same age as Dick, and Bats has a soft spot for young soldiers. John's analytical & military ways may remind Bats of a younger Jim Gordon with a power ring. Being an artist & an architect, both Kyle & John are methodical which plays to Bruce's sensibilities.

Hal & Guy (two unpredictable wild cards that just don't give a damn with your opinion on how they go about saving lives) gives Bruce the blues, but in a comical way.
    Bruce and Kyle always bugged me. Most everything about Kyle used to bug me... but Bruce/Kyle was high on that list. After listening for years about how Bruce was worried about Superman with the power of a God.... or Hal having unlimited power in the hands of a mortal... How he never trusts these people... to see him cordial with Kyle?!?! A rookie with the most powerful weapon in the universe... and absolutely zero training? Without even the weaknesses that Hal's ring had?!?

Any respect there felt SOOOO hypocritical. The ONLY thing I could see, was when Bruce snuck into Kyle's room in their first meeting... Kyle freaked out and nearly wet himself. That probably made Batman happy. The reasoning they added in later of "Batman operates on Fear, and Hal doesn't have any' was slightly better motivation for the retconned rivalry... but still the idea of Batman wanting to scare his own teammates just makes him a bigger jerk.

BANNED

Well Kyle is what about Dick's Age so I always figured Bruce was thinking this kid is young and malleable just like my Robins should be easy to control.