Page 48 of 885 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148548 ... LastLast

I've always been fond of Hal's cheesy rogues gallery
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

a site made a top ten rogues gallery once, and only 3 came from dc. batman, flash, and supermans rogues.

hal's didn't rank, but darkwing duck's did.

i am consoled by the fact that at least 2 of green lantern's rogues was/is able to support an on-going series (larfleeze and sinestro). not many heroes arch enemies can claim to do so (did lex luthor and joker had thier own series?)

so who are hal's roogues gallery?

sinestro definitely, but the dynamic of his relationship with hal has somehow changed.
    i'd rather carol remain a hero. she may even have the pull to star in her own series.
    atrocitous is more of guy's at the moment.
    black hand. i am happy with the direction dc is taking with him.
    i have no idea how goldface, dr. polaris and evil star ended up dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaman View Post

Well, I guess It's coming.
    by the way, who is that short guy with the receding hairline on the right? and what's his story? (mxyzptlk's cousin perhaps?)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    by the way, who is that short guy with the receding hairline on the right? and what's his story? (mxyzptlk's cousin perhaps?)
    Myrwhyddon. Thus far no connection between he and the 5th dimension have ever been made; he's a sorceror who faced Abin Sur and was trapped in a world INSIDE Abin's Ring. When Hal got the ring he didn't realize there was a force like that trapped inside and so Myrwhyddon was able to gain some influence over the ring and start to mess things up for Hal. Hal went inside and faced him in a sort of sword & sorcery battle thing.

That said, the obvious connections to the 5th dimension (look, name, vast 'magic' abilities) are begging for that connect/retcon. My personal choice is that he's a rebel from the 5th dimension who dared to take a vowel for his name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    #Sonar2014

Hal's old non-Lantenr powered villains could do with a major reinvention and reintroduction. Before Johns GL's villains were on par with Wonder Woman's and Sinestro was lame, so anything's possible.
    They're all fairly easy to reinvent with even a bare bit of intelligence and thought.

I mean, look at sonar, whose thing is vibrations. The entire DC Multiverse runs on that principle, vibratory barriers. Suddenly you have a villain who can bury you in other realities, who can travel to them and get weapons and allies, a fight that could literally have you hurl your characters through a multiverse of possibility.

That picture has omitted Hector Hammond. I have to admit, I preferred it when he just had a larger than normal cranium, not that massive planet sized head he's had the last few years. I remember Hammond turning up in Green Lantern Corps Quarterly #2 going after Alan Scott, and Alan making fun of him for his receding hairline. "At least I've kept most of my hair!" I was suprised at how small Hammond's head was, having forgotten the pre-Geoff Johns version.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Myrwhyddon. Thus far no connection between he and the 5th dimension have ever been made; he's a sorceror who faced Abin Sur and was trapped in a world INSIDE Abin's Ring. When Hal got the ring he didn't realize there was a force like that trapped inside and so Myrwhyddon was able to gain some influence over the ring and start to mess things up for Hal. Hal went inside and faced him in a sort of sword & sorcery battle thing.

That said, the obvious connections to the 5th dimension (look, name, vast 'magic' abilities) are begging for that connect/retcon. My personal choice is that he's a rebel from the 5th dimension who dared to take a vowel for his name.
    That is actualy interesting. It reminds me of a blog I read sometime ago. That the ring Hal wore got destroyed, and Hal was forced to use the ring of a rogue Lantern. The author suggested that the rogue Lantern still had control of the ring and was able to manipulate Hal destroy the Corps during Emerald Twilight.

A few question.

Imps from the 5th dimension aren't allowed to use vowels in their names?

Is the 5th dimension accesible to the Green Lanterns?
    Can a power ring function inside the 5th dimension?

That would be a cool story. Someone from the 5th dimension kidnaps a Green Lantern. Hal and a select few run a rescue mission to recover their own. Might be a killer story.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

a site made a top ten rogues gallery once, and only 3 came from dc. batman, flash, and supermans rogues.

hal's didn't rank, but darkwing duck's did.

i am consoled by the fact that at least 2 of green lantern's rogues was/is able to support an on-going series (larfleeze and sinestro). not many heroes arch enemies can claim to do so (did lex luthor and joker had thier own series?)

so who are hal's roogues gallery?

sinestro definitely, but the dynamic of his relationship with hal has somehow changed.
    i'd rather carol remain a hero. she may even have the pull to star in her own series.
    atrocitous is more of guy's at the moment.
    black hand. i am happy with the direction dc is taking with him.
    i have no idea how goldface, dr. polaris and evil star ended up dead.
    Um but Joker had his own series back in the day

On topic Hal is awesome,I've followed him religiously until the Nu52

That is actualy interesting. It reminds me of a blog I read sometime ago. That the ring Hal wore got destroyed, and Hal was forced to use the ring of a rogue Lantern. The author suggested that the rogue Lantern still had control of the ring and was able to manipulate Hal destroy the Corps during Emerald Twilight.
    Yep, that was Lord Malvolio, from an Action Comics Weekly storyline that I've only read bits and pieces of. It would certainly have been one good explanation for Emerald Twilight if DC hadn't gone another direction.

http://www.dcuguide.com/glcorps/prof...e=lordmalvolio

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post

Why until the new 52?

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Why until the new 52?
    I disliked the whole reboot, so with Johns leaving I decided to go myself. I miss the old DCU

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post

didn't knew that joker had his own series. how long did it run?

larfleeze had 12 issues. sinestro will definitely run longer than that. i wonder if sinestro can beat the joker in that department. although in a fight though, joker ain't got a chance either.

One if by land, and two if by sea;

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

didn't knew that joker had his own series. how long did it run?
    Only 9 issues. Still, he was the first villain to have the honor of his own series. In fact, I got my first Batman comic after my first Joker issue back in '75.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?