Page 49 of 885 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post
    I disliked the whole reboot, so with Johns leaving I decided to go myself. I miss the old DCU
    Johns didnt leave until 2 years into the reboot.

BANNED

I disliked the whole reboot, so with Johns leaving I decided to go myself. I miss the old DCU
    Johns didn't stop writing Hal till about issue 20 of the new 52 GL series...

Boy have you missed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Only 9 issues. Still, he was the first villain to have the honor of his own series. In fact, I got my first Batman comic after my first Joker issue back in '75.
    somehow i felt that if ever there was a villain to get his own comic, joker would be the first.

again, i feel that sinestro may outlast joker's or larfleeze's series. there's a cross over coming over the lantern titles, that would help with the sales. and though not many people may like cross overs (events do tend to get overdone sometimes), a regular appearance from green lantern may help and vice versa.

i just felt like posting this in response to sinestro #5.

dear god vendetti's future end issue was awful.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    dear god vendetti's future end issue was awful.
    It was like the last 30 miniutes of Thor 1.

"True villain revealed - futile fight scene - sudden emotional moments - Nooo - Oh, he's not dead yet."

I'll just wait for Godhead...
    Last edited by Pandaman; 09-03-2014 at 07:26 AM.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Nope I read up til Johns left, even post New 52, just dropped all other DC and GL after Johns

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaman View Post
    It was like the last 30 miniutes of Thor 1.

"True villain revealed - futile fight scene - sudden emotional moments - Nooo - Oh, he's not dead yet."

I'll just wait for Godhead...
    It was too stupid and confirms vendetti doesn't know how things works, i mean Hal died saving Black Lantern why would he do that when the BL aren't the real persons and Black Hand ring choose someone else? no that shouldn't happen black hand IS the reason the dead come back.

BANNED

Nope I read up til Johns left, even post New 52, just dropped all other DC and GL after Johns
    You haven't missed out on much if I'm honest.

But I'd recommend Justice League 3000 to get your Hal fix.

I dropped GL after the first of the Rise of the Third Army issues. Watching the Guardians decide to essentially kill the Corps and universe off by replacing them with mindless zombies was one of the worst ideas I've seen. Johns had a good run, but he was tapped out by the end. He stayed about a year too long. In any case, I've really enjoyed the book since Vendetti took over. It's the only New 52 title I pick up regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    I dropped GL after the first of the Rise of the Third Army issues. Watching the Guardians decide to essentially kill the Corps and universe off by replacing them with mindless zombies was one of the worst ideas I've seen. Johns had a good run, but he was tapped out by the end. He stayed about a year too long. In any case, I've really enjoyed the book since Vendetti took over. It's the only New 52 title I pick up regularly.
    How was the third army a bad idea? the Guardians don't have any emotions i'm surprise the idea wasn't used in a earlier storyline. also the third army isn't mindless they're emotionless like the guardians that follow order.

BANNED

Lovely watercolour fanart of Hal.

source

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    How was the third army a bad idea? the Guardians don't have any emotions i'm surprise the idea wasn't used in a earlier storyline. also the third army isn't mindless they're emotionless like the guardians that follow order.
    If you've ever read more Green Lantern than just that written by Geoff Johns (and you may have, I don't know), you'd probably dislike their descent into villainy as much as I do. The Guardians used to have plenty of emotions, and they used to be fairly noble and admirable in deed and intention. Seeing them turned into universal despots remains one of my least favorite storylines ever.
    Last edited by andersonh1; 09-03-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Lovely watercolour fanart of Hal.

source
    Awesome pic!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark