Page 497 of 885 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 13267
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    This was a nice moment, but I had mixed feelings about it. While it's true that without the ring Hal wouldn't be Green Lantern, but the truth is that without Hal the ring also couldn't do jack, let alone anything heroic. The ring is a mean, a tool, a piece of technology that allows the wielders to do the things normal beings can't. Without his courage, compassion, and integrity, Hal wouldn't be chosen by the ring in the first place. I know that what Bruce said when he was the God of Knowledge was twisted by extreme rationality, because the chair saw things in black and white. Maybe I'm being cynical, or just biased against the New 52 and their relationship in general, but I don't see why Geoff had to put in that scene. Hal Jordan is a hero, period, and it's as clear as day. There's no need to revalidate his heroism. Did the chair say that without his Kryptonian heritage, Clark Kent was not a hero, or that Barry Allen was not a hero without the speed force, or Bruce Wayne wasn't a hero without his money? I didn't like the way Geoff Johns "developed" Hal during the New 52, making him reckless and impulsive and idiotic at the beginning of the run than having Bruce confirm the obvious to prove that Hal Jordan is indeed worthy of being called a hero. To me, it didn't flesh out his character, but only made him somehow feel like he was regarded with less prestige
    great post. thanks.

I I wonder if Robert Vendetti is leaving HJ/GLC as he is writer for one of new books or if HJ/GLC is going to go monthly.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AMAZINGTFL View Post
    I I wonder if Robert Vendetti is leaving HJ/GLC as he is writer for one of new books or if HJ/GLC is going to go monthly.
    I think I saw him say on Twitter that he's got HJGLC plotted up to 33 and scripted up to 28 currently so he'll be around a while yet.

Hal's book has got killer artists. But I think DC can still do better promoting it.

It's a secondary book, it's not going to get promoted better. A few years back GLC wasn't promoted as well as GL was. I guess the silver lining is that despite sales being rather low and not getting much promotion at all, it's still doing basically the same numbers as the other book. So if they decide to make it monthly and keep GLs twice a month while both have the same sales, I expect some backlash. lol

Astonishing Member

robert and ethan are active on twitter and usually make comment there, but other than that i don't hear much hype for hal's book. i see green lanterns more on-line.

how does dc pick which book to promote more, i have no idea.

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member

flash is so fast his logo hasn't caught up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I hate when they draw him with white boots.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    i know. and somehow hal's legs looks short. or maybe that's just me.

Ken better post an HQ version of that poster. Love it.

That looks like a nice piece of art .

Yeah, I hate that! It is seriously affecting my ability to enjoy "GL/Planet of the Apes." Where's the editor??

I even took a green marker to "The Dark Knight Strikes Again" when Hal had white boots there...

Astonishing Member

Why can't these people ever come to New Zealand? I did get to meet Tom Taylor earlier this year, even got a few selfies with him!

Astonishing Member

nice dude.