Page 502 of 885 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 13267
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    i remember pat broderick. i really enjoyed his gl and captain atom run.

yeah, when it comes to drawing green lantern, ivan reis is right up there the top.
    I liked the look of his 5 o'clock shadow Hal. His work on GL and a few Captain Marvel (Marvel) comics are my favorite stuff he has ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    A lot of interesting aspects & history about Hal is underutilized in favor of some high school jock persona which was never him at all.

Extraordinary Member

Is that Ryan Jordan....or Hal Reynolds?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    from recent events, i would like it the other way around. this time, have carol asking for a second chance...
    carol, asking hal for another chance? i'd buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    from recent events, i would like it the other way around. this time, have carol asking for a second chance...
    Oh yes. I would love to see this happen. She gave him way too many craps over being an absent boyfriend and look what she was doing as Star Sapphire. She broke up with him for ??? reasons and went out with Kyle of all people. If and when they come back together I want Carol to work for it this time.

So judging by the last issue, am I to assume that Carol/Kyle never happened? He wasted literally no time to make a move on Sora. If Manhattan erased that crap too, I'll be totally rooting for him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Bros before garden tools?

Mighty Member

So judging by the last issue, am I to assume that Carol/Kyle never happened? He wasted literally no time to make a move on Sora. If Manhattan erased that crap too, I'll be totally rooting for him.
    I don't know if it literally got rebirthed out of existence (apparently Superman/Wonder Woman did?) or if they just plan to never mention it again but I'm happy either way. Good riddance to that nonsense.

Hal was fun in HJGLC today but I keep hoping for stronger character moments for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    Oh yes. I would love to see this happen. She gave him way too many craps over being an absent boyfriend and look what she was doing as Star Sapphire. She broke up with him for ??? reasons and went out with Kyle of all people. If and when they come back together I want Carol to work for it this time.
    I don't necessarily want to put Carol in that situation where she has to work for it. That never helps a relationship. But I do want her to admit she has flaws and made mistakes. It would be really nice to see her developed into a real character, not just some roadblock our hero has to deal with on top of all his other cosmic cop duties. She is still kind of a rookie. Relatively speaking, she hasn't been a Star Sapphire very long. Most of the time she was possessed or evil or whatever but never knew about it. So how about make it a learning process for her as well. And as much of a dick Hal's been portrayed as, I don't think he's that much of a dick to not forgive her.
    Save Ferris...

I have not read the newest issue and will sequester myself in the nerd cave until I do, so I don't know the details. I had a feeling something might happen because there was a kind of meet cute exchange in the previous issue with Kyle and Sora. As for wiping it out, well Sora wouldn't be the only one Kyle snugged up to while supposedly in a relationship with Carol.

If only real life worked like comics and we can wipe out some bad plot points in current events as if they never happened.

But I am torn.... on one hand, the Carol Kyle thing is godawful and needs to be gone. On the other hand, I kinda wanna see how they act after the breakup, like if there's some nice character development moments.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    I don't necessarily want to put Carol in that situation where she has to work for it. That never helps a relationship. But I do want her to admit she has flaws and made mistakes. It would be really nice to see her developed into a real character, not just some roadblock our hero has to deal with on top of all his other cosmic cop duties. She is still kind of a rookie. Relatively speaking, she hasn't been a Star Sapphire very long. Most of the time she was possessed or evil or whatever but never knew about it. So how about make it a learning process for her as well. And as much of a dick Hal's been portrayed as, I don't think he's that much of a dick to not forgive her.
    Well, I don't think she can be a rookie. According to the new Action Comics issue, the Justice League must have been around for close to a decade and a half. If Hal has been a Green Lantern for 15 years, we can't look at Carol as being a rookie Star Sapphire.

As for the thing with Kyle, until we get some confirmation, I suppose we can treat it like Kyle and Donna that DC clearly doesn't acknowledge now.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-26-2017 at 08:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Oh crap, I forgot about the new timeline.

The GL side seems to be historically immune to DC's ever changing reality resets.

Still, I do think it helps if a GL timeline was established.

When did the other Earth GL's get their rings after Hal?

How old are these guys?

Well, I don't think she can be a rookie. According to the new Action Comics issue, the Justice League must have been around for close to a decade and a half. If Hal has been a Green Lantern for 15 years, we can't look at Carol as being a rookie Star Sapphire.

As for the thing with Kyle, until we get some confirmation, I suppose we can treat it like Kyle and Donna that DC clearly doesn't acknowledge now.
    But should we also discount the possibility that she's probably still relatively new to being a Lantern and being in control of herself as Star Sapphire?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But should we also discount the possibility that she's probably still relatively new to being a Lantern and being in control of herself as Star Sapphire?
    I'm thinking if she is still supposed to be the queen of the Star Sapphires, I can't see her being a rookie. Naturally she doesn't need to have the same amount of experience as SS that Hal has as GL, but she must be relatively tenured.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-26-2017 at 09:25 AM.