Page 51 of 885 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast

I .... am waiting for reviews in these forums... i am really iffy about future's end.

So.... if any has read it and would like to share their thoughts, please fire away.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    dear god vendetti's future end issue was awful.

Found one review....

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Found one review....
    what? you want spoilers ?

what? you want spoilers ?
    yes please.

how was hal portrayed? will future's end have an impact on gl's present story line? thanks.

yes please.

how was hal portrayed? will future's end have an impact on gl's present story line? thanks.
    Hal was portrayed as kind a rookie for some reason, without paying a attention to any previous GL run and its a ok story but it was pretty bad for me.

-Hal's on Earth seemingly because he was away with the corps when the Earth war happened.
    -Enter Black Lantern Martin Jordan as you can see in the previews.
    Hal's working with Relic who some how freed himself from the source wall
    Krona is the new Black Hand, no explanation given how Black hand came back into posssession of the ring or why he would just give his ring to krona but whatever vendetti's logic
    Hal and Relic starts destroying Krona's BL forces at the source wall reason they came here still not explained
    Turns out Relic and Hal hid the deceased Lost Lanterns and Martin Jordan in his backpack why they bought them with them idk, Krona tries to take control ( from here on nothing makes sense at alll)
    Relic tells hal to destroy the lost lanterns and hal protest against it saying he can stop krona without destroying them :/
    Hal tellls relic to hit him with every light and fatally injuring himself and destroying Krona in the process
    Black hand rings start to search for black hand
    Lost lantern and Martin Jordan are still around for some oddd reason
    Martin jordan crying for relic to save hal
    relic says the only way to save hal is to stick him into the source wall so they can save him at a later date hence the cover

Hal was portrayed as kind a rookie for some reason, without paying a attention to any previous GL run and its a ok story but it was pretty bad for me.

-Hal's on Earth seemingly because he was away with the corps when the Earth war happened.
    Krona is the new Black Hand, no explanation given how Black hand came back into posssession of the ring or why he would just give his ring to krona but whatever vendetti's logic
    Hal and Relic starts destroying Krona's BL forces at the source wall reason they came here still not explained
    Turns out Relic and Hal hid the deceased Lost Lanterns and Martin Jordan in his backpack why they bought them with them idk, Krona tries to take control ( from here on nothing makes sense at alll)
    Relic tells hal to destroy the lost lanterns and hal protest against it saying he can stop krona without destroying them :/
    Hal tellls relic to hit him with every light and fatally injuring himself and destroying Krona in the process
    relic says the only way to save hal is to stick him into the source wall so they can save him at a later date hence the cover
    i'll probably skip all of future's end tie in's to save for the coming godhead cross over.

i am tired of hal being written as incompetent. i'd prefer hal to be written like nathan fillion's characters. vendetti probably wants to show hal's learning curve to leadership.

i'll probably skip all of future's end tie in's to save for the coming godhead cross over.

i am tired of hal being written as incompetent. i'd prefer hal to be written like nathan fillion's characters. vendetti probably wants to show hal's learning curve to leadership.
    5 years later i think that learning curve should have happened already :/

makes sense i guess you could pick up the omnibus in december or a price drop for the single issues

Extraordinary Member

Hm. That sounds like it might be interesting, but I'm sure that its probably not as good as I think it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Hm. That sounds like it might be interesting, but I'm sure that its probably not as good as I think it would be.
    If you never read anything before it sure is.

I enjoyed the Future's End issue, mainly for the interaction between Hal and his dad. Look at it as an Elseworld's story that will never actually affect regular continuity, and just enjoy it as a one and done story.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    I enjoyed the Future's End issue, mainly for the interaction between Hal and his dad. Look at it as an Elseworld's story that will never actually affect regular continuity, and just enjoy it as a one and done story.
    i'm still torn about future's end tie ins. it's a story that would probably would not happen and it's kind of hard to treat it as an elseworld story since it's based on in continuity 5 years after.

i'll still probably check out out fe: gl and fe: ga based on what i read on the reviews and the comments in the forums.

man, i gotta save for the coming godhead crossover. 5 lantern books and tie ins... hope godhead turns out really good.