Page 659 of 885 FirstFirst ... 159559609649655656657658659660661662663669709759 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 13267
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Two person love triangle.

Nice that Hal took off his gloves to dance with Carol...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yeah exactly, the beauty of Sinestro was the whole 'opposite number' concept. He was the Anti-Lantern. Even before all the retcons to make him 'empathetic'.. His whole deal was that he was a massive freak for ORDER. He hated Chaos and wanted to rule with an iron fist... but FEAR was never really his thing. He wasn't scarecrow or Batman... he wasn't about instilling fear, his main enemies were WITHOUT fear.... He didn't care if you were scared of him... as long as you acknowledged he was right and did what he said.

But most of all, for someone so intent on Order and maintaining power... the idea of handing out the ultimate weapons to that colossal freakshow of sadistic murderers is insane. That was a shark jumping moment that was way more about 'What will look cool' vs. 'What makes sense for the character...' Had he somehow taken control or created his onw manhunters??? Sure I could see that. If he lead a squadron of GL enemies using their own unique weapons... but with him still carrying the one yellow ring?? Yeah, that works too... But 'sharing' that kind of power with anyone who's as crazy as that... Yeah... it didn't really work for me. Sinestro isn't really the 'Sharing' type. Every ring he hands out should be much weaker than his and have a kill switch command that he controls.

But... it DID look cool and the Sinestro Corp war was an awesome story... it just pushed the boundaries of how far they should have gone.
    I'm digging this post. The Qward crew should have been enough. Just flesh out some of the soldiers. They should be the Daleks to Sinestro's Davros.

The way you broke it down, the SCW would have been a helluva final story from Johns, with the yellow rings being permanently destroyed, all but one.

Having a kill switch to the yellow rings would have worked as part of the climax.

The concept of craving complete order over fear works best for Sinestro, imo. That's what he did to his own people. It also kinda adds a bit of depth to the Parallax conspiracy where evil Hal fell into that same mindset.

Watching the goody-goody protege who "betrayed" you embrace your mindset on how the universe should be ruled would be considered quite the victory.

One could argue that Sinestro's actions are to prevent what happened to Coast City.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    He got the hair right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    The hair...is parted on the wrong side.

No bueno.

Extraordinary Member

In the end, how do these heroes still hold an attraction after hearing their love interests bad mouth their alter-ego?!

After hearing my unrequited bad mouth my secret ID, Imma keep it platonic as a civilian & hero.

Sure, it does not paint the ladies in a great light, but I think it makes the heroes look rather deranged, and creepy.

This silver-age love stuff is Arkham-style crazy, imo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Two person love triangle.
    if this becomes a meme, i can see it going viral.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    There's a Justice League story called "Blackest Day" in the upcoming DC House of Horror anthology that looks like it may be Hal centric: https://www.avclub.com/this-dc-house...sid-1819717945

ok. this doesn't look good for hal. he's missing hi ring finger, and barry looks like has turned into a zombie who can still run really fast.

Astonishing Member

just came from the store and noticed a lot of dceu justice league merchandise. glad to see the league getting exposure especially for the rising generation.

you know who i didn't see? yes, hal jordan. that bugs me that hal has missed a lot of cross media exposure. it would have been nice if there were a couple of hal action figures on the shelves.

i couldn't even find a hal jl action action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    just came from the store and noticed a lot of dceu justice league merchandise. glad to see the league getting exposure especially for the rising generation.

you know who i didn't see? yes, hal jordan. that bugs me that hal has missed a lot of cross media exposure. it would have been nice if there were a couple of hal action figures on the shelves.

i couldn't even find a hal jl action action figure.
    I guess to me the really sad part is that outside of comics Hal is never going to be seen as a core JL member by the general audience. Even if he ever does join the team in the DCEU, which I doubt he will, he would be viewed as an additional member, who isn't as important as the founders. Such a shame.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-24-2017 at 11:16 AM.

I guess to me the really sad part is that outside of comics Hal is never going to be seen as a core JL member by the general audience. Even if he ever does join the team in the DCEU, which I doubt he will, he would be viewed as an additional member, who isn't as important as the founders. Such a shame.
    really sad.

and it doesn't help when people say martian manhunter got it worse.

i remember feeling envious with mcu. kids wanted to captain america, would dress up as iron man... all because of the movies... i remember lots of avengers interest even at work.

now that justice league is a few weeks away... no hal to be seen.... sigh.

Astonishing Member

movies reach a lot more people than comic books.

i was at the cafeteria and people were watching thor on hbo. people from finance, from human resources, security people, maintenance. everybody have seen the movie. lots of discussion about the avengers, the x-men. these are the guys who go home to their kids and buy iron man costumes for their kids.

i sure wouldn't mind if hal and the green lantern franchise get a little more push/exposure outside the comic book industry. you know, reach a lot more people than just those who buy comic books.

The line "I need friends" sure seems to fit Hal more than it does Barry these days. It's a sad state of affairs, but it is what it is, what can you do. Hopefully better days are in the franchise's future.

Extraordinary Member

The comics, animated films, & 2011 movie made a big mistake changing Hal's personality.

I understand if they did not want Hal to be hyper-competent, but going in the other extreme was not a good move.

They actually made the character unlikable.

I know many believe Cyborg was added to the League as an excuse not to use John Stewart.

It is a helluva burn that Cyborg will now been seen to the world as being a key player to the league while Hal is not yet ready to even ride the bench.

Until the JL film drops, I will hold out hope Hal can make a cameo.

I am hearing the film is expected to do very well. Perhaps Hal will join in the sequel.

Instead of their earlier attempt to make film Hal like RDJ/Iron Man, GL can be the DC version of the Vision in the next film.