Page 660 of 885 FirstFirst ... 160560610650656657658659660661662663664670710760 ... LastLast
Results 9,886 to 9,900 of 13267
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The line "I need friends" sure seems to fit Hal more than it does Barry these days. It's a sad state of affairs, but it is what it is, what can you do. Hopefully better days are in the franchise's future.

It's been nice with today's issue and the previous to see that Hal and Clark are good friends even if we don't see it on panel a lot. Clark inviting Hal to come see Lois and Jon was really nice

As for the rest of today's issue there were several moments I liked, it was a nice take on Hammond. I'm a little tired of the teasing that Hal might get somewhere with his personal life sooner or later, I feel like I've been waiting 50+ issues for some of this stuff to happen...

Extraordinary Member

Crazy thought of today....

Why don't the GLC film be more like "I, Spy" then Lethal Weapon?

I mean.....

Culp had Hal hair.

No jokes about Cosby & John Stewart.....unless they are funny.

I'm up for that. Robert Culp indeed screams Silver Age Hal. And don't worry, you won't get any jokes about Stewart and Cosby from me. John is an actual decent human being.

Every now and then Venditti does seem to have a good understanding of Hal's character.

https://twitter.com/robertvenditti/s...99391242117125

Last edited by Johnny; 10-25-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Every now and then Venditti does seem to have a good understanding of Hal's character.

Venditti, just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any more dumber, you go and do something like this...
    Last edited by AngryComicBookNerd; 10-25-2017 at 12:04 PM.
    Save Ferris...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Venditti, just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any more dumber, you go and do something like this...
    Attachment 56873
    Have you read the issue yet? I wouldn't get my hopes up too much

so.... any future plans for carol?

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Have you read the issue yet? I wouldn't get my hopes up too much
    No, I know. I was trying to be clever. This was like getting a moped ride to Aspen. It'll get you where you wanna go, but...
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    so.... any future plans for carol?
    Yeah, she's gonna be a weakness and source of torment that Hal has to try and overcome in order to do his job.
    Save Ferris...

Yeah, she's gonna be a weakness and source of torment that Hal has to try and overcome in order to do his job.
    ah ok. so same as before.

Mighty Member

It would be really nice if that wasn't the case! I have learned not to get my hopes up too much in regards to this book because the things I want to happen rarely happen. This issue and a couple other issues (like the one with ghost Martin) have reminded me of the things I wish this book was doing that it has NOT been doing, now it would be nice to actually see some of them in action.

Astonishing Member

It's been nice with today's issue and the previous to see that Hal and Clark are good friends even if we don't see it on panel a lot. Clark inviting Hal to come see Lois and Jon was really nice

As for the rest of today's issue there were several moments I liked, it was a nice take on Hammond. I'm a little tired of the teasing that Hal might get somewhere with his personal life sooner or later, I feel like I've been waiting 50+ issues for some of this stuff to happen...
    Hal's great with kids, so him and Jon sharing some panel time would be great.

Astonishing Member

It would be really nice if that wasn't the case! I have learned not to get my hopes up too much in regards to this book because the things I want to happen rarely happen. This issue and a couple other issues (like the one with ghost Martin) have reminded me of the things I wish this book was doing that it has NOT been doing, now it would be nice to actually see some of them in action.
    it can get frustrating sometimes. but what can a single fan do? sigh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    it can get frustrating sometimes. but what can a single fan do? sigh.
    The problem is too many characters in one book. To get this moment with Hal it had to be at the exclusion of everyone else, like the issue where he saw his father. Even the Corps is diminished to a speaking cameo at best for Kilowog, and whoever happens to be the focus for that arc getting more than that. At least one Earth Lantern could be shifted to Justice League, with Simon and Jess sticking to Green Lanterns.

I'm buying the book, and Green Lanterns, but I'm not sure what else I can do. Do overseas sales figures contribute to the success of a title?
    Last edited by jbmasta; 10-26-2017 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    ah ok. so same as before.
    Just to be clear, that was only my guess. And I'm a miserable cynic so I may or may not be a tad off the mark.
    Save Ferris...