Page 661 of 885 FirstFirst ... 161561611651657658659660661662663664665671711761 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,915 of 13267

Cover to #33.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    It would be really nice if that wasn't the case! I have learned not to get my hopes up too much in regards to this book because the things I want to happen rarely happen. This issue and a couple other issues (like the one with ghost Martin) have reminded me of the things I wish this book was doing that it has NOT been doing, now it would be nice to actually see some of them in action.
    There's been a couple of these little tugs that pull Hal back to his life on Earth, maybe it's Venditti's way of keeping us buying the books. The old carrot on a string. But right now, Hal and the rest of the human Corp members are DC's equivalent of the Silver Surfer. All cosmic, no Earth, no interaction with the main players. And before anyone starts, I know SS isn't human. Just trying to draw a parallel.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Cover to #33.
    Is this the Metal tie in?
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Is this the Metal tie in?
    No, it's the start of the Controllers arc. The Metal tie-in is #32.

Patrick "Eel" O'Brian

Hal was basically my first love. First full comic story I ever read was Blackest Night, which led to me becoming a huge, huge Green Lantern fan following it. This dude needs more respect, especially in the animated films. It's a shame that they make him look so weak in them, yet he's such a beast in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick "Eel" O'Brian View Post
    Hal was basically my first love. First full comic story I ever read was Blackest Night, which led to me becoming a huge, huge Green Lantern fan following it. This dude needs more respect, especially in the animated films. It's a shame that they make him look so weak in them, yet he's such a beast in the comics.
    The cold cock heard round the world.
    Save Ferris...

No, it's the start of the Controllers arc. The Metal tie-in is #32.
    Interesting colors on the surgical scissors. Maybe it's just an accident but they seem to go from green to yellow.
    Save Ferris...

Extraordinary Member

I'm up for that. Robert Culp indeed screams Silver Age Hal. And don't worry, you won't get any jokes about Stewart and Cosby from me. John is an actual decent human being.
    Yeah, it's crazy how much Culp reminded me of Hal during that time. Culp & Cosby had really great chemistry.

On a side note, Cosby would make a great Hector Hammond (or Mad Hatter) to me for some reason.

Extraordinary Member

That look on Guy's face is priceless.

He has that X-Mas & B-Day kid look all rolled into one.

After John Stewart got in his face at the start of the story, Batman should have known he could not continue throwing shade as things got more dire.

But then again, I don't think Johns writes a good Batman.

Blame the New 52. Recent animated movies were all based off the early New 52 Justice League. Geoff Johns' idea of a young Hal was an attention-seeking, immature and reckless lantern, which in itself was a huge stretch from Hal Jordan's character. The movies took it to a whole new level and butchered Hal's characterization. Hal was reduced to the group's comic relief - an obnoxious, incompetent dumb jock who needed Batman's supervision. Being paired with the mighty Bats also didn't help. Apparently the only way for them to show Batman's awesomeness was, for lack of a better word, nerfing other heroes.
    It's a shame, really, because the animated movies before Flashpoint like Justice League: Doom or Crisis on Two Earths really did Hal justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    Blame the New 52. Recent animated movies were all based off the early New 52 Justice League. Geoff Johns' idea of a young Hal was an attention-seeking, immature and reckless lantern, which in itself was a huge stretch from Hal Jordan's character.
    To be fair that was pretty much the standard for the decade prior to Johns too. Waids JLA: Year One and Brave and the Bold was all about the reckless attention seeking guy and inspired the concept of "He's fearless.... Not always a good thing." Honestly, I LOVED that in JLA:Y1, but absolutely could not STAND the concept of new 52 and Batman (or anyone) just taking the ring without him realizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    To be fair that was pretty much the standard for the decade prior to Johns too. Waids JLA: Year One and Brave and the Bold was all about the reckless attention seeking guy and inspired the concept of "He's fearless.... Not always a good thing." Honestly, I LOVED that in JLA:Y1, but absolutely could not STAND the concept of new 52 and Batman (or anyone) just taking the ring without him realizing it.
    The idea was there, I concur (not that I think it was a good one in my humble opinion). But the New 52 took it too far. I've said this before but Hal is not an easy character to write despite popular belief. It's quite hard to strike the fine line between reckless impulsiveness and confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    The idea was there, I concur (not that I think it was a good one in my humble opinion). But the New 52 took it too far. I've said this before but Hal is not an easy character to write despite popular belief. It's quite hard to strike the fine line between reckless impulsiveness and confidence.
    In JLA:Y1 I didn't mind it, because it was still an origin story. A young brash Hal charging head on with the most powerful weapon in the universe felt pretty spot on. An older mature 'modern' hal shouldn't be written the same way. Add in that it was firmly in the 'Dead Hal, Everyone loves Kyle because Hal is boring with no personality crap-era' and it was awesome to see him written using his strengths as personality quirks.

But 'reckless impulsiveness' really has been a part of his character from even before Emerald Dawn. The rest of the corp says No, that's not possible... The guardians say 'No, it's forbidden to try', and Hal says 'Wanna Bet' and then does the impossible thing nobody imagined could be done. The key is to keep it as part of his character... without becoming a caricature or have that be his ONLY personality trait... which is tough in team books. MOST characters get whittled down to one personality trait in team books....

Another reason I want Hal away from space and the Corp and back having earth adventures

Despite not a lot of interaction on earth it’s still my favorite rebirth book by far. I have always loved Hal and he will always be my favorite lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Despite not a lot of interaction on earth it’s still my favorite rebirth book by far. I have always loved Hal and he will always be my favorite lantern.
    Hal is a great character who just isn't always utilized well by DC, especially outside of comics. Which of course isn't exclusive to him.