Page 668 of 885 FirstFirst ... 168568618658664665666667668669670671672678718768 ... LastLast
Results 10,006 to 10,020 of 13267
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Add Skyrocket!
    That's brilliant!!!

No need to make it a complete sausage feast.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Probably someone will use it to post some goofy Hal fail gif....

Disclaimer: I haven't read HJ&GLC 32 yet

A couple things about Venditti... first, his run on GL is starting to read like a Michael Bay movie. Lots of action scenes with some plot peppered in between. We got a mini (very mini) taste of a 'For the Man Who Has Everything' type story but Hal was in and out of his dream so quick that you don't really get the sense that it meant anything to him. I almost felt like Superman had a more profound experience and we didn't even see his dream. I know it would be a little hacky to reuse the fantasy life premise, but even so, I kinda wouldn't mind if it went on for 2 more issues digging deep into Hal's past and get some character growth in the process. Instead we got - this is great - not real - ring, punch my way out of another problem. But he probably had to cut it short to make room for the Metal tie in.

Second, Venditti absolutely abhors Carol. Ever since he took over, he has gone out of his way to get her out of his book. Starts with the poorly executed break up. Then that meaningless "Maybe you'll find yourself someday" barfight issue. And now this. He's called off to duty just as he's about to knock on her door? Seriously? Now he decides to be hacky? Pull that one out of the overused trope rolodex, did ya? Amazing how the call doesn't come in when he's buying the flowers... or flying to her place... or 5 minutes after she lets him in the door. And what is the emergency...? Evil Star causing trouble? Evil Freaking Star? Oh yeah, that's a big deal. There's at least 6,000 other lanterns, ALL IN ONE PLACE, but you can't give me 1 goddamn hour? Go fs$k yourself John. I'm doing this... is what Hal shoulda said. Although maybe that's slightly out of character. I guess Hal, the man without fear, acting all nervous and almost apologetic outside Carol's door fits him more.

Woke up on the wrong side of the bean bag today.
    Save Ferris...

I know this is going to sound like a stupid question, but what's with the black box in the middle?
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Oh, and...
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    I know this is going to sound like a stupid question, but what's with the black box in the middle?
    The Dawnbreaker turning the lights out while fighting Hal.

Loved this panel. Uncle Hal should be on Earth more often.

God I miss Hal on Earth and in Coast City .

Incredible Member

HJGLC 32 is dumb. Hal had this great speech to the Dawnbreaker and in conclusion he said "I can stop you because you never could fly with me". What's the logic in that? Did Venditti think that line out when he was drunk or did he just want to show off "look I've done my work I've read the classic comic written by Darwyn Cooke and Geoff Johns"?
    And I hate he let Hal boast so much. The same as what Hal said to Kyle about "I'm the greatest Green Lantern I've done so many great things blahblah". Venditti truly don't understand what's the meaning of "show, don't tell". Or maybe he only want to hand over a script before deadline and get paid, whatever the quality of the script is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Disclaimer: I haven't read HJ&GLC 32 yet

A couple things about Venditti... first, his run on GL is starting to read like a Michael Bay movie. Lots of action scenes with some plot peppered in between. We got a mini (very mini) taste of a 'For the Man Who Has Everything' type story but Hal was in and out of his dream so quick that you don't really get the sense that it meant anything to him. I almost felt like Superman had a more profound experience and we didn't even see his dream. I know it would be a little hacky to reuse the fantasy life premise, but even so, I kinda wouldn't mind if it went on for 2 more issues digging deep into Hal's past and get some character growth in the process. Instead we got - this is great - not real - ring, punch my way out of another problem. But he probably had to cut it short to make room for the Metal tie in.
    Hal was possessed by the black mercy in v4. That was a much more powerful and touching story.

Extraordinary Member

This is a great image to use when trolls are on the loose.

Extraordinary Member

Loved this panel. Uncle Hal should be on Earth more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    God I miss Hal on Earth and in Coast City .
    Yeah, I'm not sure what new ground can be covered with Hal in space 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    HJGLC 32 is dumb. Hal had this great speech to the Dawnbreaker and in conclusion he said "I can stop you because you never could fly with me". What's the logic in that? Did Venditti think that line out when he was drunk or did he just want to show off "look I've done my work I've read the classic comic written by Darwyn Cooke and Geoff Johns"?
    And I hate he let Hal boast so much. The same as what Hal said to Kyle about "I'm the greatest Green Lantern I've done so many great things blahblah". Venditti truly don't understand what's the meaning of "show, don't tell". Or maybe he only want to hand over a script before deadline and get paid, whatever the quality of the script is.
    It was an odd transition going from Hal whisking off to space at the end of 31 then opening on Coast City at the beginning of 32. I know it's different timing, but just felt disjointed and that's how his writing has seemed lately. Well, it's always been weak, I'm just noticing it more now. Also I agree, he almost makes Hal sound like a dick with all his boasting. All he needs is a Russian hacker and he could run for president.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Hal was possessed by the black mercy in v4. That was a much more powerful and touching story.
    It's been a while since I read a powerful and touching GL story.
    Save Ferris...