Page 693 of 885 FirstFirst ... 193593643683689690691692693694695696697703743793 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,395 of 13267
    Astonishing Member

Happy Christmas everybody! Thanks for making this thread a fun place to visit.

Happy Holidays! Do I owe people here an apology for going off anytime movie Hal is brought up? Even I feel I'm being quite insufferable when I tell people not to have any hopes for a good live-action Hal or how when all is said and done, DC doesn't care about the character, so I can only imagine how you guys put up with my occasional outbursts of Red rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Happy Holidays! Do I owe people here an apology for going off anytime movie Hal is brought up? Even I feel I'm being quite insufferable when I tell people not to have any hopes for a good live-action Hal or how when all is said and done, DC doesn't care about the character, so I can only imagine how you guys put up with my occasional outbursts of Red rage.
    nah, you're good. although it sucks that you were right about hal not being in justice league. sigh. (now, if i can only put you in the same room with wb execs, we might have a turn around with the way they have faith on the rest of their dc property).

happy holidays johnny!

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    nah, you're good. although it sucks that you were right about hal not being in justice league. sigh. (now, if i can only put you in the same room with wb execs, we might have a turn around with the way they have faith on the rest of their dc property).

happy holidays johnny!

I'd be lying if I said it didn't make the thread feel like a downer sometimes, but I know your hearts and thoughts are in the right place of appreciating and loving Hal and wanting DC to do right by him on all fronts .

Happy Holidays guys:

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be lying if I said it didn't make the thread feel like a downer sometimes, but I know your hearts and thoughts are in the right place of appreciating and loving Hal and wanting DC to do right by him on all fronts .

Happy Holidays guys:

Flash is Jewish ? I thought Hal was. Lol .

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Flash is Jewish ? I thought Hal was. Lol .
    It is Hal, that's why he's the one saying Happy Hanukkah. Though to be fair, what really sounds more Jewish, "Harold Jordan" or "Bartholomew Allen"? lol

It is Hal, that's why he's the one saying Happy Hanukkah. Though to be fair, what really sounds more Jewish, "Harold Jordan" or "Bartholomew Allen"? lol
    Lol. Yea Jordan definitely does not sound like a Jewish last name.

Wait! Was Hal shown as Jewish before Tom King's Hal Jordan's tie in one shot to Darkseid War?

Wait! Was Hal shown as Jewish before Tom King's Hal Jordan's tie in one shot to Darkseid War?
    I think that was the first time it was really present/confirmed in a long while at least.

Mighty Member

It had been kind of implied a couple times but not solidly confirmed until that Darkseid War issue. Hal telling Barry Happy Hanukkah is one example people use and the other was an issue of Hal's Spectre series where a character says that Hal is Jewish (although that series also had a flashback of Hal celebrating Christmas as a kid, which I suppose fits in with the Jewish mother/Catholic father that King went with)

Then there's the fact that Hal was initially based on Paul Newman, who was also Jewish. As pointed out, there have been nods and examples before that Hal was Jewish, so I guess Tom King just went and made it official.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    It had been kind of implied a couple times but not solidly confirmed until that Darkseid War issue. Hal telling Barry Happy Hanukkah is one example people use and the other was an issue of Hal's Spectre series where a character says that Hal is Jewish (although that series also had a flashback of Hal celebrating Christmas as a kid, which I suppose fits in with the Jewish mother/Catholic father that King went with)
    Then there's the fact that Hal was initially based on Paul Newman, who was also Jewish. As pointed out, there have been nods and examples before that Hal was Jewish, so I guess Tom King just went and made it official.
    Interesting. I never knew it was even a thing before that Tom King issue. Kind of came out of nowhere for me. lol.

I'm really curious, have there been any other hints or implications in the past that you can think of?

Extraordinary Member

Never apologize, Johnny.

Your passion for the mythos burns like a power battery.