Page 696 of 885 FirstFirst ... 196596646686692693694695696697698699700706746796 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,440 of 13267

Boom!

this is going to be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

Would this be a good time to jump onto the book?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Boom!

Look at them go!

Eat your hearts out Adam & Burt!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

Hal flexing his inner Bernie Mac against a ruthless Kryptonian.

I can not wait for this arc!!! This is going to be epic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Would this be a good time to jump onto the book?
    I think you could easily jump into this without being lost or confused.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I think you could easily jump into this without being lost or confused.
    Agreed. HJ&GLC has been remarkably new reader friendly recently, mostly because it has mostly been self-contained arcs of the four Earth GLs doing awesome feats of daring-do before moving on to the next big event. Not exactly deep, but very satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I find it most unfortunate that the drug dealing side of Sinsetro was picked up on.

The more I read on it, the more I appreciate the sheer insanity of the Pre-Crisis universe.
    Damn. Admittedly I'm not that well-versed in Pre-Crisis GL history and the more I see of Pre-Crisis Sinestro, the more ridiculous it seems that Hal would ever think this guy could be redeemed. Then again Luthor was a Superman and a JL member for a while so what do I know.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Damn. Admittedly I'm not that well-versed in Pre-Crisis GL history and the more I see of Pre-Crisis Sinestro, the more ridiculous it seems that Hal would ever think this guy could be redeemed. Then again Luthor was a Superman and a JL member for a while so what do I know.
    Hal is very Goku-ish with his ability to see the good in folks.

I'm not really a fan of "noble" Sinestro. The guy funked over his own people six ways to sunday. Sinestro is a piece of cosmic trash. I enjoy his over the top evil, and obscene need to be at the top of the food chain. I'm okay if he tries to portray himself as a good man who does bad things for the greater good, but that facade should be transparent to those initiated to the techniques of "theatricality and deception."

So yesterday, I was researching Carol's history as Star Sapphire.

Damn, she was OP to the extreme. It does not seem she, or any other SS has those Pre-Crisis power levels.

Was that just another instance of Pre-Crisis characters being off the chart powerful?
    Now there's a rabbit hole of goofiness. Some of it may even rival the crazy stuff in the early Wonder Woman comics. I remember there was some asshole who kept giving her the gem and almost like the Hulk, you get her angry and she would Sapphire up. Of course there was that famous lick my boots Superman issue where she got pissed cause she thought Superman killed GL... which is a whole other pile of goofiness. I think at the end, Superman was saved thanks to his super powers of ventriliquism. (cough) Yeah nothing made sense back then.

Look, if a scantilly clad woman with super powers ever wants to take you to her planet of space amazons to be her king... you say YES! HELLS F$&KIN YES! When do we leave? That's a little life lesson from the angry one.
    Save Ferris...

I find it most unfortunate that the drug dealing side of Sinsetro was picked up on.

The more I read on it, the more I appreciate the sheer insanity of the Pre-Crisis universe.
    Holy crap! This is how David Carradine died!
    Save Ferris...

Mighty Member

What's even weirder about that scene is that Sinestro is disguised as his own father, who's actually addicted to his own product and stuck doing it. Korugar sure is an odd place

I'm not really a fan of "noble" Sinestro. The guy funked over his own people six ways to sunday. Sinestro is a piece of cosmic trash. I enjoy his over the top evil, and obscene need to be at the top of the food chain. I'm okay if he tries to portray himself as a good man who does bad things for the greater good, but that facade should be transparent to those initiated to the techniques of "theatricality and deception."
    I don't think of Sinestro as noble.

I think he was someone who thinks of himself as noble, and was for a time, but became consumed by his own fears, loathings, and obsession with order to become the villain he is today.

The issue comes is that Hal knew him back when he actually fit being "noble."

My copy of Green Lantern the animated series came today! Can’t wait to start watching!