Page 7 of 885 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Agreed. But I wouldn't mind Pine. Or Jensen Ackles.
    Yeah, I wouldn't mine Pine or Ackles either. Ten years ago, I would have said David Boreanaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

This gave me a good laugh! Thanks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't mine Pine or Ackles either. Ten years ago, I would have said David Boreanaz.
    I only know him from voicing Hal in the New Frontier animated movie. Though Nathan Fillion always seems to be the popular choice when it comes to "guy in his 40s who voiced character".

Extraordinary Member

I only know him from voicing Hal in the New Frontier animated movie. Though Nathan Fillion always seems to be the popular choice when it comes to "guy in his 40s who voiced character".
    You should check him out in the TV show Bones if you want to see why I think he would have made a perfect Hal. Although, you should only watch the first and second seasons of that show. It got pretty horrible in its latter seasons, way too silly, so I stopped watching it. Anyway, his personality in that show – a tough, no-nonsense, charming cop with a military past – is kind of exactly how I'd imagine Hal to be like. But anyway, like I said, I would have imagined him as Hal 10 years ago.

Anyway, his personality in that show – a tough, no-nonsense, charming cop with a military past .
    I've never really thought of Hal as no-nonsense. Sure he always did what he had to do, but he made jokes every now and then and had a big group of friends. No-nonsense seems more like John Stewart's thing.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I've never really thought of Hal as no-nonsense. Sure he always did what he had to do, but he made jokes every now and then and had a big group of friends. No-nonsense seems more like John Stewart's thing.
    That's kind of what I meant. He's no-nonsense when it comes to actual matters of his job, but he's still jokey and lays on the charm from time to time. In short, he's very much the macho-man.

BANNED

You should check him out in the TV show Bones if you want to see why I think he would have made a perfect Hal. Although, you should only watch the first and second seasons of that show. It got pretty horrible in its latter seasons, way too silly, so I stopped watching it. Anyway, his personality in that show – a tough, no-nonsense, charming cop with a military past – is kind of exactly how I'd imagine Hal to be like. But anyway, like I said, I would have imagined him as Hal 10 years ago.
    I never really pay much attention to crime shows, most all come off as the same to me. If I see re-runs on TV I'll check it out, though.

Would really like Ackles, but of course he wants to be Batman.

Did someone mention Batman?

What a great run that was

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Did someone mention Batman?

Such a shame that unhappy Batman fans made it so Geoff had to even it out.

Such a shame that unhappy Batman fans made it so Geoff had to even it out.
    Yeah, hardcore Batman fans can't handle anyone beating him at anything.

Woot 100 posts! I think we might be the fastest growing appreciation thread on the new boards!
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

Ultimate Member

No, I'm fine with that. I just found that scene to be stupid, and I say that as a Hal fan. It seemed like Johns (one of my favorite writers btw) just went out of his way to make Batman look bad in order to justify his "Hal is the one true GL" thing. Also, Batman was making some good points, and they were just brushed aside.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

That's kind of what I meant. He's no-nonsense when it comes to actual matters of his job, but he's still jokey and lays on the charm from time to time. In short, he's very much the macho-man.
    Hal is also the most media-friendly of the Earth GLs. In the early days, especially, he enjoyed the celebrity of being a superhero and liked mugging for the cameras and talking to the press. We saw this aspect of his personality used to humorous effect in JLA YEAR ONE, as Barry, Arthur, Dinah, and J'Onn could barely resist rolling their eyes whenever Hal got in front of the media.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Hal is also the most media-friendly of the Earth GLs. In the early days, especially, he enjoyed the celebrity of being a superhero and liked mugging for the cameras and talking to the press. We saw this aspect of his personality used to humorous effect in JLA YEAR ONE, as Barry, Arthur, Dinah, and J'Onn could barely resist rolling their eyes whenever Hal got in front of the media.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    JLA Year One was fantastic. I wouldn't mind seeing that adapted into a Justice League movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    JLA Year One was fantastic. I wouldn't mind seeing that adapted into a Justice League movie.
    I've never actually read it.