Page 715 of 885 FirstFirst ... 215615665705711712713714715716717718719725765815 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,725 of 13267
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I'm not sure I'd like a standalone Emerald Twilight animated movie, but if it became a 2 parter with Rebirth, that would be awesome.
    If we could get a standalone Emerald Twilight film and it was properly done, it could be brilliant. Like with the comics, Rebirth as a follow-up just soils it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Apparently according to today's JL, if your favorite GL happens to be Hal, you're a racist extremist: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...nemy-spoilers/
    Like others have said to you, this really isn't what he's going for at all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Didn't take the issue like that, I think Priest is only r doing a meta commentary on people who only like Hal and don't care for other lanterns because of racist reasons, not that he is saying every fan is a racist. Heck, I think Priest would rather use Hal in this book than two lanterns since he mentioned he had a problem figuring out how to come up with threats with 2 lanterns on the team.
    Yeah, Priest has said in the past that he likes Hal just fine and he's written him quite a bit in the past (and he also didn't like what the did to him with Emerald Twilight). I don't think the nutty fanboy in JL is supposed to represent all Hal fans.

Although he is a pretty good cosplayer

81F3BC3C-B9F0-4BF3-9DB1-0B899E71BE2A.jpg
    Last edited by vartox; 01-17-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Finally we're going to weed out all of Hal's racist fanbase. I'm so glad this is a priority now.
    Save Ferris...

After reading it a second time, I see what Priest was getting at. The first time I read through I was neck deep in a research project and just glanced it over on a little break. I haven’t read a lot of Priest and I’m sure as others have pointed out this was not a dig at Hal and his fan base.

However, addressing racial problems is one thing but to even put the idea out there that you are addressing it at the expense of a fan base is unnecessary. DC already has enough fan base wars without trying to start another, even if it is accidental.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 01-17-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Didn't take the issue like that, I think Priest is only r doing a meta commentary on people who only like Hal and don't care for other lanterns because of racist reasons, not that he is saying every fan is a racist. Heck, I think Priest would rather use Hal in this book than two lanterns since he mentioned he had a problem figuring out how to come up with threats with 2 lanterns on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Yeah, Priest has said in the past that he likes Hal just fine and he's written him quite a bit in the past (and he also didn't like what the did to him with Emerald Twilight). I don't think the nutty fanboy in JL is supposed to represent all Hal fans.
    I remember reading on his blog that Priest was actually really looking forward to writing Hal in those novels he was writing, if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    If we could get a standalone Emerald Twilight film and it was properly done, it could be brilliant. Like with the comics, Rebirth as a follow-up just soils it.
    I'd rather get a Sinestro Corps. War standalone movie, personally.
    Although he is a pretty good cosplayer
    81F3BC3C-B9F0-4BF3-9DB1-0B899E71BE2A.jpg
    Hey, Hal doesn't smoke .

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of Hal's Jewish background....

A while back, someone posted some panels written by Judd Winick featuring Hal & Ollie.

I'm too lazy to bump those panels, but it showed our boys having a discussion that turned political.

Before too long, Ollie insulted Hal.

Hal, amusingly replied something like: "oh, it took you longer to call me a Nazi than I expected."

Then, rings & quivers were removed, and fists were thrown.

If Ollie really did call Hal a Nazi, does that make Queen an even bigger A-Hole?

I gotta find those scans.

Extraordinary Member

As others have posted, Priest loves Hal.

It's Priest writing John that makes me queasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Speaking of Hal's Jewish background....

A while back, someone posted some panels written by Judd Winick featuring Hal & Ollie.

I'm too lazy to bump those panels, but it showed our boys having a discussion that turned political.

Before too long, Ollie insulted Hal.

Hal, amusingly replied something like: "oh, it took you longer to call me a Nazi than I expected."

Then, rings & quivers were removed, and fists were thrown.

If Ollie really did call Hal a Nazi, does that make Queen an even bigger A-Hole?

I gotta find those scans.
    Yeah, it was the infamous "you're part of an intergalactic gestapo" line. Ollie calls everyone he disagrees with a fascist. It's just what he does.

"Nazi" is beyond a shadow of a doubt his favorite word.

I swear he came close to calling Barry a Nazi once.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    After reading it a second time, I see what Priest was getting at. The first time I read through I was neck deep in a research project and just glanced it over on a little break. I haven’t read a lot of Priest and I’m sure as others have pointed out this was not a dig at Hal and his fan base.

However, addressing racial problems is one thing but to even put the idea out there that you are addressing it at the expense of a fan base is unnecessary. DC already has enough fan base wars without trying to start another, even if it is accidental.
    Point taken, FF. Will be more careful next time before I start swinging. Guess I'm not that different than Ollie after all.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it was the infamous "you're part of an intergalactic gestapo" line. Ollie calls everyone he disagrees with a fascist. It's just what he does.
    When memory fails....ask Johnny!

Point taken, FF. Will be more careful next time before I start swinging. Guess I'm not that different than Ollie after all.
    Oh man I hope you didn’t take that as an attack on you. My comments were directed more towards Priest.
    Like you the first time I read it, I was like WTF? Why would Priest be trying to incite another fan base war?
    Hal’s my guy so I was ready to fight for him like you were!
    Last edited by Jekyll; 01-17-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member

"Nazi" is beyond a shadow of a doubt his favorite word.
    It would be fair to say that Ollie loves to play the "Nazi card".

Look at that beautiful Neal Adams art.

Check out Hal's hair.

Ollie is such a drama queen (no pun intended). Where is Carter with his mace.....?

If only Ollie could express himself without being so overly dramatic....

The irony is that Ollie is more Aryan than Hal ever will be.

The fact Hal never brings that up, even in jest, something worth noting.

Hal sure had a lot of patience between Ollie (being referred to as a Nazi) and his first meeting with John Stewart (being called "whitey").