Page 740 of 885 FirstFirst ... 240640690730736737738739740741742743744750790840 ... LastLast
Results 11,086 to 11,100 of 13267
    Extraordinary Member

I saw this image....has Wildfire & Hal ever interacted?

I can't decide if they would be fast friends, or rivals.

I can see Hal trolling Drake to get him to lighten up.

How would Drake get along with Guy?

That could go either way, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I saw this image....has Wildfire & Hal ever interacted?

I can't decide if they would be fast friends, or rivals.

I can see Hal trolling Drake to get him to lighten up.

How would Drake get along with Guy?

That could go either way, too.
    i can't remember hal ever interacting with the legion... maybe pol manning did?

The closest Hal got to teaming up with the Legion was one crossover in the silver age with the Legion and JLA and the more current "Lightning Saga" from Meltzer's run. but I don't recall any with just Hal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That would work for me.
    Or the four go bowling, a nature walk, each person chooses an activity etc. A guys night out (no pun intended), where it's Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner being Hal, John, Guy and Kyle respectively. Alternatively some way for each of them to revisit their roots. Hal visits Ferris Air, Kyle goes to where his old apartment was to see Radu (or the building has been torn down and Kyle tries to remember things about it). It'd also work to establish what parts of the backstories are presently in canon, and set people arguing about the inconsistencies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Or the four go bowling, a nature walk, each person chooses an activity etc. A guys night out (no pun intended), where it's Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner being Hal, John, Guy and Kyle respectively. Alternatively some way for each of them to revisit their roots. Hal visits Ferris Air, Kyle goes to where his old apartment was to see Radu (or the building has been torn down and Kyle tries to remember things about it). It'd also work to establish what parts of the backstories are presently in canon, and set people arguing about the inconsistencies.
    Writers really do need to humanize the Earth GL's stuck in space.

The thing is, during one story, two can be on a mission (the main arc) while the other two enjoy down time (the sub-arc) which could flow into the next saga.

This book should read like peak era X-Men & Legion of Superheroes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Look at that beautiful Alan Davis art.

Has he ever been part of a GL creative team?

With a competent writer, we'd enjoy a classic run, for sure.

Davis clearly understands the importance of Hal's hair.

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of Hal's hair....

Would it be in bad taste if it was discovered that Harold Jordan of the Crime Syndicate was a barber or hair designer before getting his evil ring?

This was from GL#20, wasn't it? Or close to it? Yeah.... I really wish I had stopped reading GL after Johns' final issue. Not because Johns was such an amazing writer, but just because... well, anyway, it's been a long time.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    This was from GL#20, wasn't it? Or close to it? Yeah.... I really wish I had stopped reading GL after Johns' final issue. Not because Johns was such an amazing writer, but just because... well, anyway, it's been a long time.
    Actually, it was wayyyyyy before that issue.

It was the first arc of the New 52 run if I recall correctly.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    From GL #4 I believe. The first story arc when Hal and Sinestro went to Korugar to free them from the Sinestro Corps. Pretty good story actually. Issue 20 was that huge, final Geoff Johns GL issue.

Yea I didn't care for Venditti either. Gave him 10 issues but dropped by issue #31. That whole the well is running out and every time the lanterns use their rings it kills the universe, a very not subtle global warming "metaphor", completely turned me off.
    He has gotten way better in Rebirth though. Probably got a good talking to from Johns when he was making his rounds to all the books putting together Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The closest Hal got to teaming up with the Legion was one crossover in the silver age with the Legion and JLA and the more current "Lightning Saga" from Meltzer's run. but I don't recall any with just Hal.

CA31E6F1-2614-4773-8ED6-F9CD4E87BB85.jpg

This is the one I think you mean...

is that major disaster and count vertigo?

Untethered from past and current continuity? Well, where's the challenge in that?
    Save Ferris...